1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Official Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is should be able to find it on the steam skyrim tweak thread : ]

2. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Using showracemenu to change your sex/race etc seriously bugs your save so I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't used those commands so I can't be sure if it effects anything although AFAIK giving yourself gold, items etc won't ruin your achievements.

3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    If not done a certain way it can remove any stats that you had acquired, that's about all I know which can go wrong with using showracemenu.

Never had a problem with it in FO3 or TESIV.

All I wanted to do in showracemenu was change the name of my character as i had somehow added numbers into the name and instead of deleting the numbers somehow I ended up carrying on with the quest :wtf:

4. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    So my friend just gave me a free Skyrim Steam key because his work place sometimes receives them for free o_O

Now knowing me, I know nothing about the Elder Scrolls series. Already I don't know what to do. :(
    I am at the beginning but after the dragon attacks the village. I am at the 2nd village in the game and the quest marker says I go in the house and talk to someone but I talk to everyone in there and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? :mad:

5. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

Be more specific and i'll try to help, who are you trying to speak to and what quest is it you're doing? :toast:

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    They're probably outside, near the watermill. :laugh:

There are quest markers, check the compass at the top of your UI. Or check the Local Map. At the start you'll only have those quests, so by default they have quest markers enabled.

7. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Before the Storm? I think. I have to go to this guys house and get 'help' from him.

8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    If you chose to go with Ralof from the storm cloaks you'll need to chat with them near the mill and the big wood cutting shed across the river bed of the village.

If you chose to go with the Imperial dude, you'll have to go into the house right next to the blacksmith forge.

9. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ahhhh okay so you're supposed to be talking to alvor in riverwood?

If talking to him didn't change the quest status you can always just head to white run anyway, a lot of the time you can just go do quests in this game and then go back and get rewards ( even though you've missed a stage)

10. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Mmk. I just want to pew pew with some magic. ;)
    Dark Elf ftw!

11. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Bahh I really want to finish this game before Back to Karkand comes out, at the rate I am going it's going to be a real challenge.

12. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Due to 1.2 patch I've slowed down on the game.

Even the guy behind the ENB patch has pretty much given up on updates since the 1.2 patch as he's getting some BSODs.

13. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    I was letting a broke-ass friend play Skyrim on my PC last night. He was blown away by the graphics and gameplay. Just watching someone else have the kind of fun I was having the past few weeks renewed my addiction to this game.

I also saw some pretty WTF stuff while he was playing. He was using an Ice Mage and was level 5, exploring around in the mountains. Encountered an Ice Troll and ran out of magicka. So he booked it. Ran into a Dragon.
    The dragon tail slapped both him and the Troll. So the monsters start going at it, and the Troll killed the shit out of the dragon. And then he and Sven finished off the troll.

Roughly 10 minutes later, on top of the mountain he encounters another Dragon perched on top of the Dragon speech walls where you learn new shouts. And another Ice Troll. Same thing happens.

random says thanks.
  14. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Yeah there are so many issues right now, CTD's are the worst I can't even use the 1.2 exe since I crash within 5-15 minutes of gameplay. Both AMD and Bethesda have been a let down with support to this game so far, hope it gets a lot better with next weeks patch.

Oh to top things off, when I use the old TESV.exe my store item button doesn't work for some reason so I have to keep switching exe's if I wanna store crap into my house or plant incriminating letters onto bodies.

digibucc and Mussels say thanks.
  15. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    lol indeed, excellent avatar

digibucc and random say thanks.
  17. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:

I was supposed to change my avatar to something Skyrim related too, then I took an arrow in the knee.

18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Thats called personal opinion. My personal opinion on it isn't far from yours, but obviously BP completed those quests and would like her achieves to show that, there is no real arguing with that. I don't go out for achieves, but if I collect them along the way, I am 100% fine with that.

I don't know about slowing time, but tfc 1 will pause game time, so you can fire off a spell, hit tfc 1, it will pause time and give you a free fly cam, it's how I took a bunch of pictures of me firing lighting.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    there is a mod that changes the time scale, for sure - it's on the nexus, i don't remember the name but it should be easy to find.

20. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Heya guys have anybody else experienced this graphical bug with ebony helmet... Other helmets are fine tho.... helmet shadow

21. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol no, i did have an elvish helmet make my hair(and helmet) disappear at certain angles. I did not like being bald...

22. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Talk to Mussells, he knows all too well what it is like to be headless :laugh:

Mussels, Ray_Rogers2109 and psyko12 say thanks.
  23. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I'll just wait for him to reply then heheh... BTW it's good to be back.. Long time no see all :toast:

24. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you a vampire? :D

Well, Mussels' problem was a bit different... without a helmet he just had a neck and bloody veins popping out of it :laugh:

I wonder if he's still headless.

Has anyone encountered Morokei yet?
    I think he's the hardest thing to defeat, worse than 10 dragons put together.
    Which is weird considering what part he plays in which quest......

I couldn't defeat him not even on 'Apprentice':eek:! Two shock attacks from him and I'd be dead.... Unless this was one of the bugs reported from the 1.2 patch re magic scaling :wtf:

Anyway, just as I was beating my ass out of the place with Morokei at my heels, he got stuck in the door (he's kinda a tall.. ummm... being...)

:D

60 or 70 arrows later, I won while he was still battling 'the door' :laugh:

At least I increased archery in the process...

25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    BP is a bug exploiter. :shadedshu

:laugh:

Ahhzz says thanks.