1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Playstation Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by killarobot, Feb 21, 2012.

1. killarobot New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I just happened to go up to Best Buy yesterday and seen one there, I didn't think they were suppose to be out yet, but guess so. I played a bit of wipeout and Uncharted on it, the graphics of that handheld are just amazing, and very cool that it has a touch screen. I'm sure I'll get one down the line.
  3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    +1 on every word Kurgan said.

It was pretty nice, largest screen of any handheld I have played. The analog sticks were a bit worn, not sure if that is just because it was a demo or if it is a sign that they will wear quickly.

I hope not because I have been looking for an excuse to get a nice handheld, but still have a lot of convincing myself before I get one.

It is the first handheld that I have seen that matches the graphics of the consoles. These consoles are really getting old though, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, the Wii graphics are so feeble that the 3DS easily took it over. Also, the 3DS is fairly impressive, but doesnt match the Vita IMO.
  4. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    Ya vita is pretty impressive,but sony is stupid in pricing vita nearly $500(INR24990 for 3g,19990 for wifi) here in India.
    I was thinking of getting one,but for $500 i dont think it is worth it.
  5. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I got vita on release day(wi-fi model) Ofcourse i cant compare it to psp, because i didnt play psp, but must say it rocks like it very much,downloaded some psp games to it,but games are same price as ps3 games,i think its bit too pricy
  6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That is crazy high, but I don't know how much other things cost there to judge. Me personally, I won't be getting a vita for probably 2 - 3 years, once people have had their time to toy with them.
  7. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Latest PS Vita news:

8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like reading the Enquirer. Rumors are PC gaming is dying as well. Seems like a blanket statement as it makes it sound like almost every single dev is just calling it quits a week after the Vita hit the US market, simply based on how it's doing in the Japanese market.
  9. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got my wi-fi vita at the launch and damn I'm enjoying it alot. At the moment I have wipout and dungeon hunter for it, and it just is so much fun.
  10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I hate how they force you to buy Vita Memory cards. I really wish they made it just accept the plethora of other storage cards out their, perhaps like the 1TB PSP cards that are out there.
  11. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Lack of video output ruins it for me I think. There may be a time where I wanted to play on a normal screen
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That I do agree with. I made by PSP a 32GB for about half the cost of what Sony wants for their cards. But thats just another reason I'm giving people time with these things. Thought 1TB PSP? That a PSP with an external actual hard drive or something?
  13. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Other than the Memory Card issue, I am really tempted by the Vita. It really managed to do everything right at launch--it's fairly priced (in the US at least), has a great selection of launch titles, and features great hardware. I see no reason to get a 3DS, but the Vita is really tempting.
  14. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I could care less about official vita games but if the Vita gets hacked for homebrew and emulators count me in. I might go buy the wifi only model in a week or two.
  15. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    You have no more idea than any of us do.

And japanese devs usually don't care about other markets, they surely won't bet their companies to wait a few months just to check if vita would succeed in the US/EU or not.
  16. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    Oh other things are equaly high if not more
    for e.g. there is no 32gb card and the 16gb card is for INR4990 which is the price of 32gb outside india.
    sony is screwing us here ..BIG TIME!!!!
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    That's clearly not true when you look at the design direction of recent Japanese games which are basically poor knock offs of Western games.
  18. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    I don't really know but i think those are the anime/teeny girly girl games that mostly never get released outside japan.
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The 3DS is gonna own this thing. I mean if its failed in Japan its gonna fail here.

20. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I don't see the vita doing well, because of tablets and the fact that the 3ds is only $160. I wouldn't trade my 7" android with the tegra 2 chip for any of the new handheld consoles.... but I wouldn't mind having a 3ds just because it has 3d and a 3d camera. The Vita looks nice but if i'm going to put down that kind of money i'll get a new tablet with the new tegra 3 chip.. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Yeah why buy a $250 portable with hardly any memory and games that cost $50 when you can get a tablet for the same price with 16 GBs of memory, a cheap SD slot and $1 apps lol
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Really? I thought I was the inside source of information here. :laugh:

And the rumor you linked didn't specify what nation these devs were from, not all devs are from Japan. :toast:
  23. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    You can't compare a $1 dollar app made by tow guys in their free time to a full feature game made by over 100 people at a game studio.

Also I hate touchscreen only games, other than simple ones like angry birds. I don't think controls are going anywhere but overall interested to see how the vita does.
  24. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    I plan to buy one, but not until the library is fleshed out a bit. Nothing right now interests me.
  25. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Playing half minute HERO, atleast psp games are cheap, and some are quite enjoyable,tried couple trials and demos of vita games, but not much to see on ps store atm, but looking forward to drop some prices, maybe will get uncharted or some rpg style game in coming months