1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Is the UK the most damn fine & dandy place to live?

1. Yes without a doubt

12.5%
  2. Yes but only with a cup of Earl Grey

16.7%
  3. Would be better with a half decent government

45.8%
  4. No it's crap!

25.0%
  1. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    It was Bank Transfer.

I do have an account there, but don't have PM privileges. That's why i need someone with them to PM the member called "watercooled" there and see if he is the same one. If he is, ask why he's not replying to PMs here, but is active on there. If he isn't, then i take a little drive...

I don't want to start accusing yet incase this member on Aria isn't the same one, that'll be unfair to him.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Sorry bud. Unfortunately i dont have a Aria account - i dont even shop at Aria but i hear their pretty good. prices might not be as good as ebuyer n dabs though.

probably try making a post perhaps? just to gain the attention of a mod/admin. obviously dont mention who youre lookin for first. the mod might give you an email to address to forward your complaint to. or at least contact a admin higher up on the ladder to grant you rights to pm and you could take it from there.

but it might be difficult for Aria members/mods/admins to take you seriously i think. the hardest part is trying to get them to believe what youre telling them.
  3. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Yea, i get you.

I just don't want to mess around posting crap to get PM abilities.

Gunna see if i can email this user, if not, i'll try contact an Admin.
  4. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    @MoonPig: I believe Freedom is correct in saying that the mods are unlikely to take you seriously. Think about it, you'll be a stranger and you could be making anything up.

It should help though, if you register with the same username as on here and if you are able to PM a mod, then show them your first post about this on this thread and also point out your long standing on TPU and they might get a bit more helpful.

Don't point to this thread or refer to TPU though, if you can't PM.

It's a real shame, how just a few dishonest people can ruin it for the rest of us. Because of this risk, is why I don't do trades like this. Getting stung like this would ruin my day for a long time and leave a mark.

Finally, I don't understand why PM's are restricted privileges on that forum. It's a basic forum function, no? What do you have to do to get PM privileges - reach a certain post count perhaps?
  5. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Not sure, can't find anywhere that shows a number or even mentions it.

I have an account there, i just have 1 post from like 2009... lol.
  6. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    usually 10 posts, start a thread called 'watercooled' to get some attention, then go from there...

i saw he posted there 4 hours ago, i dont actually have an account but i do stalk the forum a lil
  7. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    No, i don't want to ruin his name IF he's a different user.
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    tbh - the Aria is the only lead you've got to getting to the bottom of this. If its not him then its not him. its not your fault that someones going around on other forums using his tag to sell stuff. so you gotta push that 'i dont want to shit on you' mentality asside and jump into the deepend, Im not telling you to straight out make a post accusing him of scamming you (if applicable) but at the end of the day you need to find stuff out but you wont be able to if you dont step out of the box.

If it aint him then explain that someone else is using his tag, claiming to be from Aria is selling dodgy/damaged goods.

It would be better to get approval from a mod/admin first though, get them to support you - so explain the situation to the mod/admin first. otherwise it could be a long wait for you as you dont know if he will ever log back on to TPU
  9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And if you take that course of action..... I would be happy to talk to them to vouch for you.
  10. Ra97oR

Ra97oR

Thanks Received:
    Aww, must suck to pay for something that doesn't work... I am lucky myself that all my transactions are fine, I should be more cautious able new sellers. I nearly bought the 5850 off him.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    same here - i was gonna buy his XFX one off him (the first one he put up for sale) luckily though i didnt have the money for it at that time, and by the time i did get the money it had already been sold else where im guessing - as he didnt really leave an explination for closing his FS thread. his 5850 twin frozor II looks good though, and i think its brand new from OCuK. I dont think hes even had that for 1 month. (but i could be wrong)

He seemed pretty confused about what he wanted to do with his PC - one moment he wanted to move onto a new GPU then the next thing i hear is hes thinking about getting another 5850. so i asked him why is he selling a 5850 (the XFX one) when he could pair them up with the other 5850 (the twin frozor II ??) he was asking for in his WTB thread for even more performance.

I never got an answer off him anyway. but its not so suspicious that he wanted to sell his XFX

It probably had no voltage tweak feature and he wanted a version that DID have voltage tweaking but that would be a bit of a no brainer unless he has really really bad case of OCD or is just a super perfectionist and anal about his hardware, in which case - why buy the XFX in the first place? unless that was a mistake?? and whats the point of upgrading more or less to the same card but just for an extra 200-250mhz on the clock when there are cards like the 6870/6950 out there on the market???

It just doesnt make sense. and judging by what happend to moonpig it could be that the XFX was also dodgy.

------

this is pure speculation of course. as Mr.Watercoold isnt here to explain/defend his actions
  12. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    watercooled is really kyle2020...

Just kidding, hope it all works out good
    Hmm... I thought I had an account at Aria, it seems not.
  13. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Guys, he's talking to me again through TPU. Not to suggest anything, but it was after i got a very nice fella on ChilledPC to PM him on Aria for me.

I'll let you all know how this unfolds. His original PS3 thread claimed 1 months warranty with him.
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    status report??
  15. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Few PM's back and forth (he claimed he didn't get my earlier ones explaining the issue) so i copy and pasted them. Last PM received at 7:40pm, nothing since.
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    £10 says hes doing a runner
  17. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I hope your not right.

The worst thing about this is that my Brother actually bought this (just used my TPU account for PMs).
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    that is bullshit. this is not E-MAIL. PM's dont just get LOST somewhere in the system.

motherfucker just didnt want to own up to it. I wish you the best of luck getting some money back if not all of it. because this is starting to sound worser and worse (so is being drunk since 12 in the afternoon for that matter - I was supposed to save this lot for the evening.)

you could speak to tatty and tatty could pass it on to Krej who will monitor his IP and ban him from TPU etc etc but that still wont get your bothers money back. and at the moment, i dont think watercooled really gives a shit tbh. hes got your money. he dont need to give a monkies what happends to the PS3 - so long as hes got your money.

Speak to Mussels and get him to chuck it up on the despute thread.
  19. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'll give him afew hours to reply, if not, i'll let Mussels know.
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I know you dont want to accuse him of stuff but - ask anyone here and they will say hes taking you for a ride
  21. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I know, i know. But on the off chance he's legit, i'd rather not.
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    If he was legit he wouldnt of ran off or claimed he didnt get your PMs - Im not too sure if mods can see what pms people have recieved, if he was legit he would have been a bit more willing to help (generally) I know it sounds like im shit stirring, and im not - its just my own opinion.

I'l shut up now before people start saying im trolling (but we of the UK-clubhouse have to look out for each other)
  23. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Damn right we do! Obviously we have to give this guy the benefit of our doubt but he hasn't really given MoonPig much reassurance. Still, I respect where you're coming from Freedom & I'm sure Pig does as well.
  24. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Its not trolling, it's a UK related issue :)

Clubhouse remember.

I respect you all, tbh.
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    anyway - that topic asside....

HAIL TO THE ALE!!

[​IMG]