1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah! It was set in the 70's!

2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Seen ashes to ashes?

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Funny you mention it, I'm at 89% on my download. :D

4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    I watched It on BBC 1/hd, I take it you dont get that in the us

5. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Anybody remember last of summer wine? Compo was a legend!

6. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    haha nora batty's saggy tights,the best birth control evaahh

KieX says thanks.
  7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    So i went to watch the new Transformers film,all i can say is the story/plot wise is exactly identical to the previous 2 which i know some people say its okay for a bit of repetitive story plot,and there isn't anything else they could do since their not exactly following the original Transformers. Like how Resident evil live films didn't lol. Although it was an okay film but i find the story dull just because it sounds similar to previous 2,only thing i liked which is also same comment i talked about in previous 2 films is the actions. This my opinion though and i love the original Transformers show,lot of people liked the film that i know but to be it didn't really shock me to point id give it like a 8 or 9/10 film,if i was to rate it i would give it a 6/10 just because the action was impressive and great to watch but story which i find a bit of disappointment for me.

8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    good for me -- i havent even seen the 2 previous movies

9. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean same plot as the last 2? I remember no. 2 having a plot best described as 'Megan fox' or 'no plot at all'

10. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I'll give you an example.
    1st one= the all great all spark has the power and history related to the Transformers
    2nd= A great device which was build to destroy sun to resurrect their kinds/provide energon source

They all link with power,power and power and its always something to do with oh this has great power and the 2nd has even better power for a similar purpose. If that makes sense and 3rd has the same sort of guideline to the Transformers amazing "devices" for different purposes but still link with POWER. Oh did i mention they are all some 'powerful' device which has same purpose of either saving or destruction and they all start of with destruction occuring.

11. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    I think I won't watch it

12. Spectrum

Spectrum New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol
    i've decided to steer clear of new films... they've all been shit. paul was a HUGE disappointment after hot fuzz and shaun of the dead

13. JousteR

JousteR

Thanks Received:
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Im mainly a carp fisherman, but I like to do a bit of sea fishing when i can make it down southend

----

Anyway, Prepare for Moar E-Peen......

[​IMG]

Now all i have to do is make sure im still breathing on monday when it arrives

KieranD and KieX say thanks.
  15. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    TBH, I'm not really into fishing; I just go for the relaxation :laugh: I always used to take my mates and it was really noticable going from a little 4-door Clio to a 4-door Rover 214. The amount of stuff I could fit in such a little car amazed me, it was like a Tardis :laugh:

By the way, Welcome to the Clubhouse, are you new in here?

16. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone has experience with Ikea warranty policy? Basically one of the leg of the table was faulty, and the sofa's leg wouldn't screw in. EZ right? Problem is the idiots I will be living with threw away the bill. Wonders if they will still let me change even if I don't have anything to back my statement up.

17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    They have to accept bank statements and credit card bills as proof of purchase by law if I remember correctly

@freedom : hope that RAM looks as nice I'm real life as the vengeance blue, they have a seriously nice looking heatsink

Fourstaff says thanks.
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Ive already got a 4Gb set of them. Personally i prefer them in the black

19. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok thanks. Will give it a try later.

20. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    Morning Guys!
    for the last week i have no end of grief setting up my boys computer again :banghead:

Today i think i got it sussed,for no reason at all other than being fed up with this pos computer i decided to uninstall microsoft security essentials and replace it with nod32,now the a/v wasnt flagging itself by using lots of cpu time or even lots of memory,but uninstalling it solved the 100% cpu usage 24/7 issue! :rolleyes:
    So thanks for all that had a stab at sorting it,i appreciate it.

21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Just a word of warning the story has bugger all to do with the actual tv programs. The G1 plot was all about energon cubes, a moral story for our times that we are using up all the fossil fuels like the transformers used up all their energon on cybertron fighting wars. So they crashed on earth and awoke in modern times and used earth to get energon. There is no all spark in the program there is the matrix of leadership which is given to the leader of the autobots. The all spark in beast machines was the transformers type of "heaven and hell" where all their life sparks go to after they die, it wasn't in any other program ever.

It all flashy CGI with little fan fare, maybe people who know nothing about Transformers will like it but for anyone whos even seen any thing of the original they will think this is nothing like it. The programs always had a moral story and it was more than just action, ultimately it was there to focus on a different character each episode to be able to sell the toy version of it, like show off its abilities and give him a little story of his own in the transformers universe. It was one massive commercial lol.

22. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
  23. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Actually, the episode "Lost and Found" referred to the AllSpark as a material object; and IIRC it was actually shown in the cartoon.
    The Wikipedia page saying that "the AllSpark as an object didn't appear until the film" is a load of boll*cks written by some spotty faced snotty nosed teenage w*nker who doesn't know what he's on about. IMO.

*waits for a TF pro to come in here and tell me different*

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  24. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Just about to submit my application to Guiness World Records :pimp:

World's longest back hair: mine's 9.3cm.

Wanted to go for world's longest nipple hair, but there's already a record for that; 15.16cm. Also wanted to do the world's longest eyelash (mine are mega-long), but the record's 6.99cm for that!!

Just a bit of random info for ya :laugh:

Done. If they accept it, I gotta go to London just to have it measured :nutkick: I got a ruler and a camera, what's wrong with that? :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Tatty please don't delete this one......

If MSE was causing that you have other issues man. Seriously I would check to see if you have an Obfuscator in your system somewhere.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148036

See the thing is an Obfuscator isn't a virus. Its a tool for viruses. What it does it scrambles your malware protection definitions into thinking a virus is safe. If MSE was running at 100% CPU time then you definitely have an issue somewhere.

Here is what I ended up doing to be safe thanks to Viper95...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405310.html

The problem with an Obfuscator is no matter what you install after the fact it will fool it. Thats why you need to run a few that are self contained and not installed.

Tatty_One and InnocentCriminal say thanks.