1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    thats what keeps me sane after being on hold :laugh:

2. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    this annoys me a little too

3. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    For anyone who likes footy.....the FIFA 12 PC demo is now available for download from HERE

EDIT - The site seems very loaded as I'm guessing alot of people are going mad trying to download it :)

EDIT 2 - Link is now fixed with direct download.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. Wozzer

Thanks Received:
    Eugh. Can't stand playing football games on the PC.

Anyone tried that new rugby game?!

5. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an xbox 360 controller and this year it's the same release as Xbox . Therefore - console controls and gameplay plus PC graphics and framerates = Major Win :rockout:

Been playing it nonstop....it's awesome :pimp:

6. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I told y'all this guy will be the next big thing; he's going to absolutely smash the scene.

Ed Sheeran

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    the signlanguage guy is win

8. Millennium

Millennium

Thanks Received:
    Hi all

Almost pulled the trigger on two of these today:

6870 with dirt 3 and deus ex hr

then remembered my PSU doesn't have enough pci-e power connectors lol. I think 1 or 2 of these if you can use them is a great deal though.

Where did everyone go btw :) Slow in here.

9. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Ive just realised you can only go into minus if you have an overdraft, why does someone your age need an overdraft. If i cant afford something it refuses to let me pay i can only go as low as zero in my account.

EDIT:
    Well my 6850 has only 1 power connector not 2 like my old gtx260. Anyway i thought all modern psu had 2 pci-ex power connectors? Forget that you wanted 2 cards lol i just misread that.
    WAIT! Same PSU as me so it has got enough if it uses only 1.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    look at all you midrange peasent scumbags :roll::roll:

11. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    i know it has been dead :laugh:

12. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

F'k all wrong with my PSU i dont need a 1000watt power plant.

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    f**k all wrong??? Your PSU doesnt have enough pci-e power cables, thats plenty wrong if you ask me! :rockout:

Bo$$ says thanks.
  14. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
  15. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would anyone be interested in two adult tickests for Gamesfest at the NEC Birmingham on Saturday?

We can't make it, it was only £20 for both the tickets so anyone who wants to make an acceptable offer (anywhere around £10). Tickets have to be printed and have the barcodes on them so you will need a printer and obviously an email address so I can forward them to you.

Cheers guys, I'll be on here for a while so just PM me.

16. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    he has a point there, even mine has 4 PCI-E power cables

17. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I went to Krakow with my orchestra for a week, just returned this afternoon. Recommended for cheap alcohol (£1-£1.50 for Paulaner? Hell yeah!), and the vodka varieties (every restaurant we went to had a page worth of different vodka :eek:).

18. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I run one card AND it only requires 1 pci e connector cable so theoretically if i wanted to crossfire i could without any problems. A 650w PSU only needs 2 pci e connector, not like it will be able to handle 2 power hogs or 3 or 4 cards.

Just got myself an Amiga A1200 with 85mb hard drive and over 300 disks. Meaty amount of old school gaming to be had. Cost me £19 for the A1200 but i bought a scart cable for £10 to play it on the LCD TV. Quite surprised how nice an operating system workbench is for its time.

19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have run into a small problem.

I have a good friend who ive probably known for over 5 years, The same guy also bought my old laptop for his mum can use as shes suffered a slipped disc and cant move around a lot and his bitch of a sister has laid claim to the family computer so no one can touch it.

The deal was made last month. he paid me £50 and said the rest will come at the end of the month. end of the month being August the 31st.

Ive been trying to contact him as i still got a few things to fix up on the laptop but He wont return my calls or texts. when i do contact him on facebook since he patrols FB like a well trained police dog. I get 2 word replies then get ignored.

He still owes me £130 for the laptop. since i thought i could trust him i let him hold onto it. Its now coming to the end of the month and hes still blowing me off or ignoring me when i try to contact him. I havent been up in his face about the money he owes me and ive only asked him about it once.

If he didnt have the cash he could have come straight out and told me and i would have been fine with it. I know their not exactly the richest family in the world. and their situations gotten worse as his mum has had to stop work completely due to her back problem so his dads the only one supporting the family.

Do i sit here and wait for him to contact me or do i just turn up unannounced and demand my money??? Or do i just say fuck him and forget he ever existed.

what makes the situation worse is I see his family like my own. so I dont want to turn into a cunt and just turn up unexpectedly demanding my money.

20. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Okay depending how good a friend they are try to contact them again and let them explain and pay up but if it continues for longer then i wouldn't care if it was my grandmother i would be there at the door asking what was going on with the ignoring

IF they are an absolute cunt i dunno what i would do.

21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well,

Ive dropped him another message on FB anyway. If i dont hear anything by the end of next week then im gonna go knock on his door. thats something i really really dont want to do cuz his family has always been great to me.

All i said in the message, was we agreed for the rest of the payment at the end of august. but ive heard nothing from you since and its almost the end of another month.

Im not quite sure what to make of it. this is just so out of character for him. it almost makes me feel like im a loanshark getting ready to send in my boys to do the dirty work if they dont pay up.

I really couldnt give a shit about the £130 he owes me. but its just so obvious that hes avoiding me and i dont know if its because of RL issues or if hes doing it deliberately, but hes not being upfront with me thats for sure.

but if he choose to shaft me over a P.O.S laptop then what a great way to end a long close friendship with someone who was almost like a member of family.

guess im gonna be sitting on my hands a little longer before I can get my Define XL. Probably another 2-3weeks

22. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I am always borrowing money off people its crazy i take forever to pay them back,specially when it comes to like my cousin or my brother.
    But they have backup money prepared and i pay small chunks so its okay.
    Different case from mine to yours freedom,all i could say is way a bit longer and if they don't respond,maybe try phoning there house phone?? Its not like they can see you phoning that number so someone will respond perhaps.

23. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The thing that gets me is they sound like a decent friend and its not like they need to say what issues it is just even that they have some problems so they couldnt get in touch or couldnt pay. Really seems like they are deliberately ignoring you but hmmm do what you are saying wait a week for a reply then maybe turn up at the door or something, it isnt a bad thing its not like you are demanding the money more just wanting to know what the situation was possibility to get the cash back sometime.

I tend not to loan out cash if possible. People treat me like a cunt for not loaning cash and that really bugs me but tbh id rather that since its just as cringe worthy to ask for it back or wait for it.

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well. Ive never had to loan this friend cash. but he always seemed like a pretty solid guy as long as ive known him.

I borrow some cash from another friend every now and then if i need to but i make sure i pay it back as soon as i can. I really hate to harrass people but hes coming to 3 weeks late on the agreed payment date and i havent seen him since some time around the 18th of august.

Id be interested to hear what he has to say. thats if hes not ignoring me or fobbing me off with 2 word replies.

25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Freedom, I would go around there but instead of asking for the money outright, say to them you "know how hard things can be and christmas is coming up so if you like we can do it in dribs and drabs" and work up a casual payment plan with them.
    It hints at them that you want the money, but it also says you're willing to bend to help. Also, a payment plan gives it all a time-frame. Word it right and you might look like a saint to them :laugh:

Anyway, Hi everyone!