1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Bigwater 745

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by sheps999, Sep 22, 2007.

1. sheps999

sheps999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK. Where it's always lovely and su-...no, never m
    I am thinking of buying the Thermaltake Bigwater 745 (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0076/cl-w0076.asp) in order to quieten down my PC.
    However, I've read the TPU review, and I've noticed that the H-clip that fixes the waterblock to the motherboard looks like it has the holes to fix to a Socket 462/A motherboard (my motherboard: http://www.marketonline.ro/images/products/full/7782/k7s41gx.jpg).
    Can someone verify this for me?

PS: If the Thermaltake kit won't fix to my motherboard, can anyone recommend a decent watercooling kit that's compatible with Socket 462/A?

2. X800

X800

Thanks Received:
    Hello .I have the bigwaterkit and its very simple to install.If you have 2 or 4 holes around the socket it should fit.Only thing you need is destilledwater becuse the liquid shipped with the kit is not enough.My pump started to have a terrible noise after a year so i had to change it.My temps like 31c idle and max when gaming 52c.Here is something to take look on: http://www.swiftnets.com/ .I hope it helps you.

3. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    i was thinking of getting one but look to big for me so i went for a 760i

4. sheps999

sheps999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated :).

Live OR Die, I don't think I'll get the all in one kit, cos it looks like it could build up heat quite a bit, but thanks for the suggestion ;)

5. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    the thermaltake kits are good but most people have a problem with the pump. and you want to use non conductive coolant instead of distilled water. and also you're better off just making a custom wcing kit. and you're better off with a swiftech h20 premium or apex if you want a better kit. but i suggest custom kits over everything.

6. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    those swiftech kits are much better than any of that thermaltake stuff mate... and they are pretty cheap over there (assuming your in the states).

thermaltake is ok but their pumps are not the best. Don't worry about the waterblock, I had one in my old system and the h-clamp has tonnes of holes in it for different sockets. My thermaltake waterblock came with a clip for socket a boards without holes....

7. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    yer i thought that to but i needed one i could carry around because i go to lans so that why i went for that one i looked at some reviews and its not bad it pushs all the hot air out of the front but if you dont have good air flow in side your case it would get hot

8. sheps999

sheps999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  9. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    just get a swiftech h20 120 kit. they are very cheap and do very well.