1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Toshiba cutting warranties for most OCZ products

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OnePostWonder, Feb 3, 2014.

1. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    Toshiba will be cutting warranties across the board for OCZ products; only recent Vertex, Vector, and most Revo drives are retaining their full warranties. This change affects current owners of OCZ products, except where applicable law prohibits post-sale alteration of warranties.

Source: TechSpot

2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    That sucks, but at least they are still honoring some warranties, they didn't didn't have to honor warranties at all.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    I agree it does suck. I have one of PC P&C's power supplies before they were acquired by OCZ, so I fall into the warranty-less category. It's not a big deal though since I'm coming up on 7 years (I think). It would be nice to see a company step-in and offer people who are now warranty-less a solution, like PNY did for BFG.

4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but remember, no one has bought the PSU side of the business and no one is showing interest in it either. Toshiba just bought OCZ's SSD assets.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    Have a PC Power and Cooling 750W that I bought summer of 2008. It had a five year warranty, so its finished anyway. Did do an RMA on it about a year before and they actually fixed my unit and returned it to me with a handwritten service order detailing what repairs were done. They even painted the scratches I inflicted upon it (its red)! Very impressed. I also bought a Vertex Plus February of 2013 and am glad to hear I will still have the two years of remaining warranty.