1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trackmania 2 Canyon

Discussion in 'Games' started by Polarman, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any one else playing this?

It's been out for a while now.

Just as good as the old one. It's still addictive. Controls are the same but handling is very different. It's all in the drift! :rockout:

http://www.trackmania.com/?lang=nl

It's a download only game.
    v12dock and BumbleBee say thanks.
  2. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    I am playing it, I love trackmaina!
  3. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad you posted about this. I love Trackmania and I'm interested in getting it, but I have two questions first:

1 I don't think this game is on Steam, as I don't see it on the Steam website and it's not mentioned anywhere in the product info

2 What kind of DRM does it use? From what I can tell, it uses that always-on internet DRM. If so, I'm not interested at all in it
    stinger608 says thanks.
  4. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    1. It't not on steam http://www.trackmania.com/

2. From there website "An internet connection and the registration of the activation key provided are required to play TrackMania² CANYON."
  5. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but this is Ubisoft, masters of the always-on DRM :nutkick: clusterfuck, so they could well be being cagey about it. Polarman will know.
  6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it'll play without an online connection from what i've heard, i actually just bought it earlier today - haven't played yet.
    stinger608 and qubit say thanks.
  7. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Oh, let us know how you get on, especially the DRM side of things! I don't really need convincing that the gameplay is gonna be good. ;)
    stinger608 says thanks.
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    with your internet connection disabled it will alert you by default , and let you choose to stay offline. in game, under profile, there is an advanced options menu that lets you disable the auto login, so you don't have to disable your internet connection to not be connected. they do say you won't be signed in to a profile, and get all the features without an internet connection though.

as for when you do connect, i assume your key is tied to your account (it's a mania planet account, not an ea account.) and then you just log in to the account. you're online though and i didn't go any further checking that. i did see no sign of ea though, it's all "mania planet"
  9. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    I got it free with my Sandy. I played like 40 minutes and so far I don't like it. But like NFS:HP I'm going to play it through regardless.
  10. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Is there a demo that i could try first? I don't want to waste money on something i might not like...
  11. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Trackmania United was great :)
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I loved the track editor just to find out you couldn't share the tracks with others unless you made them from ground up for sharing and even then you were limited to some stupid low pieces value. Waste of time. Not to mention the island scenario which was undrivable. Made incredible coastal track which no one could drive without trashing himself badly on every corner. Only mode that drives well is the rally one. And god, what a horrible menu system. It was cheap since i bought it years later after release on Steam but still, could be a lot more. So i'm not gonna waste money on something that just has more of the same.