• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trouble making the boot cd for a C3D gto x800

marpoo

i have the atitool and have used it and looked at the core to determine that i can indeed unlock my c3d x800, but for the life of me i can not make the complete boot cd to flash my card. i have been here

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5709&highlight=connect3d+x800

and am able to make the dos cd (it will boot to the dos prompt), but can not either get the flashrom nor the new bios onto that boot cd or make a cd that the dos will read. i made the boot cd using nero 6 but am buggered if i can complete the process. any help for this hopeless case would be great.

adios

noneed4me2

System Name TheloneFrakker..;)
Processor Q6600 GO FSB333@3.04ghz
Motherboard Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2x1gb/Gskill DDR3 1333@9,9,9,24 1t
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD2900XT
Storage Seagate Barrucuda 7200.11 500gb SATAII 32mb cache
Display(s) Sceptre xw20g Naga 20.1"
Case Thermaltake Bach VX w/Side window
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Hiper 580w Modular
Software XP Pro/Vista Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores None yet, coming soon...
save your original bios, go to here http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5796&highlight=connect3d+gto+mod , burn it with nero or whatever, clean out all drivers and restart, boot with cd use option 1 and reboot, reflash your original bios (i use winflash for this as you no longer need to preserve you settings) check force box if using winflash, reboot and use atitool to verify 16p. good luck

marpoo

noneed,
thanks for the reply. i am still new to this. i went to the page you supplied, downloaded that, used nero as described but nothing after i removed my drivers and did everything else. when i loaded the cd and then rebooted.... nothing. a blank screen with a flashing cursor. damn thing. i read the entire post and nothing helps me. anymore suggestions. i know that it can be done as every other guy and his dog has flashed it. just me i am sure. thanks

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
there are other people that have had same problem, it has something to do with nero, something to do with which version you have. Try using a different burn program, also check http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17481933 . Don't give up i had similar problems until i read through alot of posts and used everybodys info to resolve issue. Also read through the whole thread http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5796&highlight=powercolor+gtO. I used nero to burn mine but i am not sure which version i have.

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
just checked other forum, nero version 5.x and maybe even earlier versions of 6 seems to burn it wrong. Also be sure to use "burn image file option" in nero some people just tried burning it using Data disc format. It has to be image file format. IF older try updating, if not use another burn program, someone in another thread mentioned a different program but damned if i can find it now.