1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tuniq Tower 120???

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by mod2max, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

I currently have a Zalman Cu7700 sat on my Q6600(G0)@2.4 and I'm thinking of going for the Tuniq Tower 120.

The current temp of my CPU on idle is 40c and will not go up unless I stick a game on or run 3D mark06 or PCmark05 and room temp is... well colder then I'd like it to be lol I sit in the cold for the sake of my computer (Most of the time). However if I stick a heater on and get it nice and warm in here the CPU will go to around about 47c idle havent seen it go higher then that when its warm in here. (But it probably has lol)

I've been looking at cooling benchmarks and the Tuniq Tower seems to be the best for the price and I want to overclock my CPU to 3.0Ghz and I would think that my Cu7700 would let the temp of my CPU@3.0 get to high for my liking (Guessing about maybe 50c idel at current room temp for 3.0Ghz)

So my question is with te information I've just provided would the Tuniq Tower 120 be a good and worth while upgrade? Seening as I'm going to push my CPU to 3.0Ghz...

Cheers all :D Sorry there so much to read lol.
  2. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    It's good but you have to get some good airflow in your case. How many intake/exhaust fans are you running presently?
    mod2max says thanks.
  3. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    At the moment I've got one 80mm fan on the front of the case bring air in and one 90mm fan pushing hot air out. But some air gets out via the cooler on my graphics card and I think the 120mm fan on my PSU sucks in air meaning that it pushs it out side the case. (I think lol)
  4. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Any possibility to add a 120 to the side panel and an additional 80 to the upper rear before you get the TT120?

PS: Psu when it has 2 fans, takes from inside the case and blows outside.
    mod2max says thanks.
  5. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Zalman 7700 is much too weak for overclocking a Quad. You should get the tuniq or the Thermalright Ultra 120.
    mod2max says thanks.
  6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm with jr... before you get something like that you need a little better air flow in that case.. its a hot box right now, and just adding more heat to that core will just kill your ocing... have you thought about replacing the fans also?
    mod2max says thanks.
  7. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a no go on the 120mm fan on the side of the inside of the case I could DIY my 90mm fan (current on back) to the side and have two 80 mm fans on back of the of the case and have my 80mm at the front, would that help matters?

Or I could have my 90mm on the back my 80mm at the front and a 90mm on the side? which would make it less noisy...

Also with the one on the side, would I want it blowing air out from the case or sucking into the case?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  8. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it would help you out more going that route. A new case is just too costly. Better air flow before going with the tuniq tower.
  9. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok so I could DIY a 60mm to the top of the side panel and a 90mm to the bottom of the side panel.

So in my case I 'could have' two 80mm fans at the back of the case, one 80mm fan at the front of the case, one 60mm fan at the top of the side panel and one 90mm at the bottom of the side panel.
  10. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I've decided what I'm gunna do I'll have one 92mm fan on the side panel two 80mm fans on the back and one 80mm fan on the front keep it nice and cool :D

Plus I think improved cable management is in order lol.

Cheers guys
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    yeah, good air flow in a case requires good cable management.