1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tversity Not Streaming MKV To 360

Discussion in 'General Software' started by DaveK, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    A little while back I tried streaming an MKV file to my 360 with Tversity and it had no sound. I looked up a few guides on the net and all pretty much said the same thing so I followed a guide and now nothing works, the 360 will just show a black screen and freeze, it's not buffering or anything.

You guys know a lot about streaming stuff so I've decided to post here as everyone else's guides are what borked it in the first place. I can't remember what my settings were before it went balls up, but I didn't do anything to set it up for streaming MKV just normal AVI/MP4. One MKV file that is AVC/AAC will just show a black screen with the controls being available and another AVC/AC-3 will just show the error popup.

This is what I did following the guide:
    -Installed K-Lite MEGA Codec Pack
    -Changed WMA 7 and WMA 8/9 in ffsshow audio decoder to libavcodec
    -Changed Mixer option in ffdshow to 2/0/0 - Stereo
    -Changed Windows Media Encoder in Tversity to WMV 9.

Here's the screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Best of luck with your problem.

I just pop the file onto a usb3 stick but my 360 dosn't even show an MKV file. My BR player has a usb slot and thats the only way I can watch what ever the 360 wont play.

Im sure help is near as its getting later in the day and all the pro's come home from work ;)