1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

upgrading...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Basard, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Basard

Basard

Thanks Received:
    Hey, finally I ordered the open box Tforce 550 from newegg for $40 bucks, coming the 20th. And, I'm buying my friend's xfx 7950GT, the oc'd version, with the silent heatpipe cooler for 65 bucks!! He's kinda giving it to me cheap for an xmas present. Godly, finally I'll have a sweet system. I'm probably going to upgrade stock cooling later, Freezer Pro for 25 bucks shipped.

Anyways, does anybody else out ther have a simalar setup that they have overclocked, either the video card, or the tforce550 with a brisbane chip? I'm looking to get at least 2.8Ghz from the chip, I've heard of people getting 2.6 or 2.7 from an 4000+ brisbane on stock cooling, but has anybody used the AC Freezer Pro on this chip for overclocking? I don't like the idea of spending more than 30 bucks on a cooler, but I might if its worth it. If anybody can tell me where I can find some HDT coolers, other than kingwin... that would be great, they don't seem to sell the zaward, or xigmatech HDT coolers in the US, at least i havent found them, otherwise, I was thinking OCZ vendetta, but thats kind of expensive.
  2. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I was able to push about 2.7 max on an x2 3800 windsor on good cooling but it took a lot of volts
    that's a great deal on the 7950GT, even though I'm all ATI that's still a great deal
    only thing I hated about the 550 was the extremely limited VDimm options