1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] Verizon phone - $100 or less.

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by BrooksyX, Jun 15, 2009.

1. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting kind of sick of my current phone (LG vx8350) and I would love to get a different one. My contract isn't up for another year so I don't get an upgrade deal till then. Not really looking for anything specific, just a nice phone that has some cool features. Phone doesn't have to be in perfect shape, but I would like it to be in good shape. So let me know if you got an extra one you would let go for a decent price.

Heatware = BrooksyX
    Shipping zip is 98662

Thanks
  2. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    You sure you don't want my Dare? ^_^
  3. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I would love it. But $200 is way out of my budget...
  4. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Want my Dare im totally sick of it as well, ill trade you your phone for my Dare + $100
  5. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Yeah might be interested. I'm about to head out for about an hour or so. Ill pm you when I get back. My phone works fine but it is pretty beat up...
  6. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    How beat up lol
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Some guys beat their meat, other beat their phones. :D

Sorry, it's getting late. :(
  8. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I woulda sold you my Storm but my gf is kinda abusing it now. If you get a new phone i highly suggest the Samsung Omnia.
  9. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Just some scratches and stuff. Normal wear and tear. Its over a year old and it shows I guess.

Well take it from her and give it to me! :p
  10. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol you just might actualy. Im thinking about getting the other guys Dare :roll:
  11. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Hehe! Think more! This is the big break I've been waiting for, if you take it I have a lot more to work with for my comp. :toast:
  12. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    hmm tempting. Do you have to have the data plan with the blackberry storm? (i'm gonna assume yes?) I know to buy the phone you have to have the package but what about if you get it second hand?
  13. iandh Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK Verizon requires the blackberry data plan on any blackberry new or used. The good news is that it costs the same as a regular smart phone data plan, so you pretty much pay it either way unless you get one of the "non-smartphone" touchscreens.

Also, I know that the Storm has been a rather controversial phone, I nearly threw it out of the window while doing 90mph several times, but the new firmware update made the phone 100,000x better. Now I actually sort of love it instead of feeling as if it is my nemesis.
    BrooksyX says thanks.
  14. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I like your heatsinks iandh.

I suggest checking ebay for unlocked phones too. I have had real good luck sniping phones on ebay of all places.
  15. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Storm sucks. Verizon sucks. No big deal...get an Omnia...only phone of their's that is halfway decent.

Oh and iandh your heatsinks do rock...I had the ones for the 8800GT, they kicked ass!
  16. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have had better service than any of my friends using metro, tmobile, or ATT on my Verizon phones whether it be my Razr, Blackberry, or Omnia. Not only that but if it wasnt for their great customer support i wouldnt have gotten a brand new Omnia for 89 bucks.
  17. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Everyone's experience with each carrier is going to be different...that's why there isn't a single unified carrier. For instance, Verizon has been awful, especially their support to my family which is why they all switched to AT&T. They haven't had a problem in the 2+ years they've had AT&T now. I used to work for AT&T and we would get complaints about Verizon and the other carriers, but at the same time we would get complaints about our company as well. Everything goes hand in hand. My first cell phone job was at Best Buy and the company that got the most complaints was Sprint/Nextel. Followed by T-Mobile and Verizon/AT&T. Sadly however, a lot of people only care about the cost of service, instead of the quality of service :ohwell: