1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

water cooled? help

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by TcrackerX, Sep 26, 2006.

1. TcrackerX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm a n00b at cooling. But is watercooling worth it for your video card. I'm really interested becuase I feel like spending money lol. Anyways what do I need for this? People say from what I heard that buying a whole watercooled setup doesn't inprove much but its better to by it piece by piece. Can you guys tell me some good parts I can get and brands or something. I don't really care much about the processor because the fan on that is really quiet. Its my x1800 is so loud..
    Thanks
  2. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    problem solved: http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/All-In-One/cl-w0052/cl-w0052.asp
    just have to find a place that sells it near you, dont know if its and good tho, going to buy one about christmas time cant yet as have to save for bike :D

EDIT: they also do an upgraded one for SLI or Crossfire if you require it

EDIT 2: LOL only just noticed you guys did a review on this, any good?
  3. W2hCYK New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would get a single 120mm radiator and a semi-high flow pump, about 5ft of tubing (for just a video card, i'd do 3/8th", if you plan to add your cpu in, go with 1/2"), zip ties, reservoir, and a fair waterblock.. You should be fine with that.. should run you about $220~ if you get an expensive wb. $180~ on the lower side of the price scale..

dont do the thermaltake thing, i dont think that will handle the heat from the x1xxx series very well.. you'd be better off going with a seperate system.

**Heres a part list, $192~ @ xoxide.com.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006