1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water cooling advice

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by demonbrawn, Jun 13, 2006.

1. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    So, I'm looking to buy a water cooling system for my computer. I upgraded from a stock heat sink but I'm still reaching temperatures of about 56 degrees celsius load which I would like to knock down. Anybody have any advice on which water cooling kit to buy? Oh, and I don't have a lot of money to throw around, so we're talking less than $100 for sure.

2. azz New Member

Thanks Received:
    For that kind of dollars your better of getting a decent fan heatsink........another thing is water cooling will only take u to just below the ambeint temperature of the case.

3. Bob The Fish New Member

Thanks Received:
    For water cooling in the $100 range i dont like your chances, Insted get the CNPS9500v from Zalman. I have a Big Water from thermltake and i like it, it was my first time with water cooling so i went with something simple. It cost me $250 cnd when i bought it and i just love it.

4. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    the kingwin systems are nice, but not exactly the most powerful things, as for vs the zalman, it'll easily beat the zalman by up to 10C load but overall the most value per $ is found in a cheaper air cooler, good water isn't easy to come by at anything less than 250$

5. markkleb Guest

You could do WC for $110 if you have some stuff at home.
    I hate giving away all my good secrets but here is a very good system,

Pump ($27 for a Hydor)
    http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD12202

CPU Block ($49 for Apogee)
    http://www.svc.com/apogee.html

Rad ($29 Swiftech)
    http://www.crazypc.com/products/9316BK.html

than all u need is a fan (you should have a extra 120mm fan) an a few feet of hose. Voila

For a really good budget cooling sys. Use this stuff and a AC cooler on ur Videocard. The Hydor uses 120V so it wont bother your PS in any way and you wont need extra wires.

6. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's pretty sweet. Would you mind sharing what kind of performance you get with your current CPU?

7. cHillen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Naw dude CHEAPER you can use a car oil transmission cooler for like $20 . Go to you local petstore(what I did) and put my pump for $20 on sale. As for a water block watch out for acrylic made cheap. The acrylic might spider crack! For an example check out my case named: Leaky