1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooling kit/parts advice.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kid41212003, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Ok, first, I never have a WC before, so I don't know which is the best performance/price ratio products.

I need a watercooling kit for my CPU, and NB only, and I found this kit: Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima, I think I will need extra tube for the NB?

I have a CM690 case, but I don't need it to be mount in/on the case, it can sits next to the case.

All the parts or kit should be under $300, and of course worth its price (quality, safety). I have my computer on all the time, and I want it to last me at least 2 years, so it's must be reliable.

So, what do you think? Your suggestions?

Thanks. :respect:
  2. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Petras has a nice custom kit, but it's currently out of stock. Here's a nice setup:
    http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=7&cat=66&page=1
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  4. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    $300 is a good budget.

From what I've read, the swiftech rads are the best for price performance. They're not the absolute best out there, but a heck of a lot cheaper than others that are marginally better. For that reason, I got the 320.

For a pump, the MP655 or the other Swiftech (can't recall the model) are about the same.

Waterblock: The Swiftech Apogee (pick your model) are some of the the best performers, but have a relatively higher head loss. I chose the Dtek Fuzion myself - for the lower head loss.

Go with 1/2" tubing, and go with Tygon if it fits in the budget you've got.

Keep the number of fittings to a minimum, each one constricts slightly, adding up to head and flow loss.

For safety, I'm cannibalizing a Koolance controller (which I'm still using in my old setup while I build my new). It monitors the temp of the waterblock and has fan ramp-up capabilities. But the best part about it is the safety switch, it will shut the system down if the waterblcok temp reaches 120 deg f (or somewhere like that). That's the ultimate protection. If the waterblock temp is above that, something is seriously wrong.
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  5. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't sure, and confused, it's my first WC, so to be sure, I went ahead and order this kit:

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=378&cat=65&page=1

Included:

I think they ship the item from OR right?

If lucky i'll be here tomorrow.

I will post some pictures, and my experiences with it.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Kick ass looking list... that radiator will likely dissapate 1500 - 2000 watts!

Post pickies!
  7. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: what? i need proof of this! AFAIK they are only capable of dissipating roughly 700w-800w....
  8. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good choices. Also, to help you out there are several threads in the project log section where some of us set up WC for the first time, including me. :)