1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

what are the different versions of vista?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by keakar, Jul 7, 2007.

1. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    ok there is :

vista basic
    vista home
    vista home basic
    vista home basic premium
    vista home basic ultimate
    vista home premium
    vista home ultimate
    vista premium
    vista ultimate
    vista buisness

now i know about xp home and xp pro but what the hells going on with 10 versions of vista?

so i can decide what to buy, can you tell me which of these on the list equals to xp home and xp pro
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    if you buy the oem version of vista ultimate, sub £120 u get all versions, but basically, they are retarded versions of vista ultimate, with home basic being the lowest of the low, barely an operating system, vista business is probs the next down the chain of retardedness,going from less to more retarded (ive adopted retarded as this threads lucky word :p )

xp pro is probs either business or ultimate, ive got ultimate and its pretty good, and with oem dont cost your first born. xp home is probs vista home premium, i think
  3. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Vista Home
    Vista Home Premium
    Vista Business
    Vista Ultimate

Thought these 4 only?
  4. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    every one of the vistas i listed are for sale now at different sites everywhere.

like you i thought it was just 3 or 4 versions until i started shopping around.

plus most i listed come in 64 or 32 bit versions
  5. TXcharger

TXcharger New Member

Thanks Received:
    bad, worse, worser, and worst
  6. Falru New Member

Thanks Received:
    Vista is actually pretty sweet... But of course, haters will always refuse to believe anything.
  7. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    Copied from MS site

Windows Vista Editions Overview
    No matter how you use your PC—from home entertainment to business productivity—there's an edition of Windows Vista that's right for you. Use this comparison table to help you choose your edition.

[​IMG] Ultimate
    Windows Vista Ultimate is the choice for those who want to have it all. Easily shift between the worlds of productivity and play with the most complete edition of Windows Vista. Ultimate provides the power, security, and mobility features needed for work, and all the entertainment features that you want for fun. Learn more about Windows Vista Ultimate.

Already have Windows Vista? Upgrade to Ultimate with Windows Anytime Upgrade

[​IMG] Home Premium
    Windows Vista Home Premium is the preferred edition for home desktop and mobile PCs. It provides a breakthrough design that brings your world into sharper focus while delivering the productivity, entertainment, and security you need from your PC at home or on the go. Learn more about Windows Vista Home Premium.

[​IMG] Home Basic
    Windows Vista Home Basic is ideal for homes with basic computing needs like e-mail, browsing the Internet, and viewing photos. Easy to set up and maintain, it enables you to quickly find what you're looking for on your PC and the Internet, while providing a more secure environment to help protect you from an unpredictable world. Learn more about Windows Vista Home Basic.

[​IMG] Business
    Windows Vista Business is the first edition of Windows designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses. You'll spend less time on technology support-related issues-so you can spend more time making your business successful. Windows Vista Business is the definitive choice for your business today and tomorrow. Learn more about Windows Vista Business.

Enterprise
    Designed to significantly lower IT costs and risks, Windows Vista Enterprise meets the needs of large, global organizations with complex IT infrastructures. Learn more about Windows Vista Enterprise.

Learn about the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance
  8. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I. have. No. Idea.

I prefer to just close my eyes and pick one.
  9. TXcharger

TXcharger New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol i just jumped on the bandwagon... mce for me which is gay... might swap to xp pro later today