• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Just started Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, hope it will ease my pain even for a day.

I never knew that it is not Wii port, they rebuilt it from scratch for new 3DS with new engine, AI and physics.

They managed to make it run on a handheld device?! Programmers are geniuses. /hats off

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Yeah, I haven't found a way to cancel all past experiences in my head on command... especially not when things get copied so shamelessly.

But TOW wasn't that great on its own merits either. Things feel out of place, graphics look weird (as in, cheap and inaccurate), combat is clunky as F, dialogue is only mildly interesting. I know you're quick to admire everything you play... I really can't. I know what you mean though. I tried that as well with Mars: War Logs, which was in a very similar place in many ways as TOW now that I think of it. But it really just oozed poor design, not the most talented devs, etc.

In a way its being spoiled too, with too many pretty great games.

I sort of agree on all your points about Outer Worlds but it also feels like there's something decent there. I mean I play it, and I'm terrible at being sucked into games. I have a feeling I will write something long and rambling when/if I finish it.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I know you're quick to admire everything you play... I really can't. I know what you mean though. I tried that as well with Mars: War Logs, which was in a very similar place in many ways as TOW now that I think of it. But it really just oozed poor design, not the most talented devs, etc.
Admire may be too strong a word. There’s not alot of them I admire, although I acknowledge the level of skill and hard work that goes into making games.

For me, it’s just the ability to let myself enjoy the experience. And in that sense, there are few games so bad that I’m not able to be entertained. It doesn’t mean I don’t see flaws, just that I enjoy the journey into a world that isn’t mine. I don’t know if that makes sense.

I guess it goes back to my vivid imagination I’ve had since I was very young. It’s not much different from how I can pick a fiction book up and once I start reading it immediately it plays as a movie in my head.

System Name Current
Processor i7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Noctua NHD15s
Memory 32GB G.Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 1070Ti
Storage WD SN-850 2TB
Display(s) LG Ultragear 27GL850-B
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic 1000W Titanium
Been playing World of Warships and Sea of Thieves lately. Sea of Thieves whenever i can find two other people to play with. The game needs more pve depth though.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
So anyway some random thoughts about Outer Worlds. I'm still not sure why I like it and why I keep thinking about it in an analytical fashion. It's about the world in the game and the presentation of it.

It is honestly pretty hecked good. It is pretty silly, and so far pretty predictable, but at no point have I felt "that makes no sense". The world is not quite littered with stuff you can interact with (as in Bethesda games where you can literally pick up the litter (hyperbole)), but there is a whole lot of it, and I am mostly thinking about the consumables, which the game has a ridiculous amoun of. I haven't used a single one I think. But it feels like they are part of a complete world. It's the same with everything else really. The way people speak about things (the first NPC you meet greet you with a corporate slogan and is abashed about not getting it right, and that sets the tone very nicely), the way the artwork is done, the way the vending machines sing a tune at you after interactions, the way people talk about tossball and different teams... It's not a deep world (so far anyway). It's not a hugely interesting world even. But it feels very complete and thought through, and well written. The world feels complete. I'm probably 17 hours in now and it still feels like there are things to discover just beneath the surface, and it feels like there is a lot going on in the background, even if there is nothing of either of those things. There's a day-night cycle but that doesn't change the NPC's. But that doesn't really matter. And speaking of NPC's: There isn't a ton of dialouge and at first it felt pretty weird to not being able to interrogate everyone about everything but I have come to realize that is just fine. The game doesn't present things it doesn't need you to know. This makes it RPG-light, but it also makes it pretty refreshing. What, you don't have several thousand words to say about [random]? It makes things more focused, and a weird thing about it is that it feels like the NPC's have more to say, but they just choose not to. I can't talk to Pavarati or whatever about her childhood dreams and what she thinks about the digestive systems of raptidons, but for some reason what dialouge is there is enough to convey the feeling that I kinda know anyway.

I said earlier it probably should be compared to Kotor and not Fallout. Why? Well, for one thing the maps. Areas. It's not open world as say Skyrim is open world: it's a bunch of locations of varying sizes you can travel between. You have a ship and a misfit crew and a robot and you travel between systems, doing quests. Sound familiar? Yeah. Enemies too feel more Kotor than FPS Fallout: They huddle up in bunches and they stop the fight if you get far away enough. Meaning you can fight like a Mantis Queen and whatever is around her, kill some stuff and realize your companions have fallen, so you run away and at some point the encounter will end. The enemy will regain its health and your companions will rise and you can try again. The weapons and armor mod system is the same: It's less Fallout 4's destruction derby approach to modding and more Kotor: Armor have like layers (or subsystems or whatever) in which you can install mods appropriate to that layer. Weapons have barrel, sight and clip mods, melee weapons have grip and damage mods. Sound familiar? Yeah. It's less FPS Fallout and much more FPS Kotor. Even the maps and environments themselves are more Kotor than FPS Fallout. If you see a pretty sight you want to explore in say Skyrim you can do that, probably. Outer Worlds, not so much. Terrain looks like you should be able to jump your way up it but you probably can't. Some invisible walls, and something invisible fallings (like dropping into a river and there is loads of cliffs and stuff so no worries but oh no you just fall through the scenery and smash at the bottom Jedi Knight style, you weren't made to go there bub).

Anyway more impressions as I move on. This is fun!

BTW, my name in game is Fudge McSnappers. Unwittingly I chose a very appropriate name for the game.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Admire may be too strong a word. There’s not alot of them I admire, although I acknowledge the level of skill and hard work that goes into making games.

For me, it’s just the ability to let myself enjoy the experience. And in that sense, there are few games so bad that I’m not able to be entertained. It doesn’t mean I don’t see flaws, just that I enjoy the journey into a world that isn’t mine. I don’t know if that makes sense.

I guess it goes back to my vivid imagination I’ve had since I was very young. It’s not much different from how I can pick a fiction book up and once I start reading it immediately it plays as a movie in my head.
I look at Games in 3 ways kinetic, simulation and fun factor. e.g. I like Project Cars 2 for the level of simulation (VR makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up) but I would rather play Grid 2019 because the kinetic factor in that game is very high. I know what you mean about the imagination when Gandalf came over the hill in the 2nd Lord of The RIngs I swore they went into my head and took it right out of my mind's eye. Have you read the end of the Dragon Reborn?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Have you read the end of the Dragon Reborn?
I haven't, though the book has been on my Amazon wishlist for awhile. I guess now would be a good time to snag it!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
So anyway some random thoughts about Outer Worlds. I'm still not sure why I like it and why I keep thinking about it in an analytical fashion. It's about the world in the game and the presentation of it.

It is honestly pretty hecked good. It is pretty silly, and so far pretty predictable, but at no point have I felt "that makes no sense". The world is not quite littered with stuff you can interact with (as in Bethesda games where you can literally pick up the litter (hyperbole)), but there is a whole lot of it, and I am mostly thinking about the consumables, which the game has a ridiculous amoun of. I haven't used a single one I think. But it feels like they are part of a complete world. It's the same with everything else really. The way people speak about things (the first NPC you meet greet you with a corporate slogan and is abashed about not getting it right, and that sets the tone very nicely), the way the artwork is done, the way the vending machines sing a tune at you after interactions, the way people talk about tossball and different teams... It's not a deep world (so far anyway). It's not a hugely interesting world even. But it feels very complete and thought through, and well written. The world feels complete. I'm probably 17 hours in now and it still feels like there are things to discover just beneath the surface, and it feels like there is a lot going on in the background, even if there is nothing of either of those things. There's a day-night cycle but that doesn't change the NPC's. But that doesn't really matter. And speaking of NPC's: There isn't a ton of dialouge and at first it felt pretty weird to not being able to interrogate everyone about everything but I have come to realize that is just fine. The game doesn't present things it doesn't need you to know. This makes it RPG-light, but it also makes it pretty refreshing. What, you don't have several thousand words to say about [random]? It makes things more focused, and a weird thing about it is that it feels like the NPC's have more to say, but they just choose not to. I can't talk to Pavarati or whatever about her childhood dreams and what she thinks about the digestive systems of raptidons, but for some reason what dialouge is there is enough to convey the feeling that I kinda know anyway.

I said earlier it probably should be compared to Kotor and not Fallout. Why? Well, for one thing the maps. Areas. It's not open world as say Skyrim is open world: it's a bunch of locations of varying sizes you can travel between. You have a ship and a misfit crew and a robot and you travel between systems, doing quests. Sound familiar? Yeah. Enemies too feel more Kotor than FPS Fallout: They huddle up in bunches and they stop the fight if you get far away enough. Meaning you can fight like a Mantis Queen and whatever is around her, kill some stuff and realize your companions have fallen, so you run away and at some point the encounter will end. The enemy will regain its health and your companions will rise and you can try again. The weapons and armor mod system is the same: It's less Fallout 4's destruction derby approach to modding and more Kotor: Armor have like layers (or subsystems or whatever) in which you can install mods appropriate to that layer. Weapons have barrel, sight and clip mods, melee weapons have grip and damage mods. Sound familiar? Yeah. It's less FPS Fallout and much more FPS Kotor. Even the maps and environments themselves are more Kotor than FPS Fallout. If you see a pretty sight you want to explore in say Skyrim you can do that, probably. Outer Worlds, not so much. Terrain looks like you should be able to jump your way up it but you probably can't. Some invisible walls, and something invisible fallings (like dropping into a river and there is loads of cliffs and stuff so no worries but oh no you just fall through the scenery and smash at the bottom Jedi Knight style, you weren't made to go there bub).

Anyway more impressions as I move on. This is fun!

BTW, my name in game is Fudge McSnappers. Unwittingly I chose a very appropriate name for the game.

Yeah that hits home with me. I just didn't fancy the setting all that much really. But I think that's the style of the game, it wants to be cheap retro sci fi B movie calibre. And that kinda spells out why I don't really like it either. 30 minutes of it is fine, but the whole 1h30m is a total drag for a B movie. The first 30 minutes you're just laughing at the clumsiness of it. At 45 minutes, you want to like it, give it another chance... and then at 60 minutes you kinda know its not going to get better.

Also, that handle you picked... kinda confirms you judged a book by its cover, and rightly so :D

I can totally get that too. Personally I've been shifting more to enjoying a game's mechanics and I do fancy high complexity over low. In much the same vein, I started playing Magic the Gathering (IRL cards) again... theorycrafting, deck building... can totally lose myself in it. That's why I'm a sucker for ARPGs like Grim Dawn too. And I want my RPGs with some solid progression options and builds.

But yeah, I've had my days of just losing myself in worlds too, its just that I can't really find the time and peace to immerse like that these days, its somehow easier to dive into number crunching and testing ideas :D

People are weird eh :p

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah that hits home with me. I just didn't fancy the setting all that much really. But I think that's the style of the game, it wants to be cheap retro sci fi B movie calibre. And that kinda spells out why I don't really like it either. 30 minutes of it is fine, but the whole 1h30m is a total drag for a B movie. The first 30 minutes you're just laughing at the clumsiness of it. At 45 minutes, you want to like it, give it another chance... and then at 60 minutes you kinda know its not going to get better.

I'm not a huge fan of that setting as well, but ... so far it's just so nicely put together I kinda like it. And it does go beyond the setting with the stories they are telling, but that might be a topic for another post.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
Genshin Impact atm ... after seeing it released on Android where i did pre register ... i noticed it was 5gb ... a friend told me it had a PC client .... 11gb ... woohooo.
i played Honkai Impact 3 from the same dev, which was an impressive mobile game.

a bit Zelda Breath of the Wilds'ish ... impressive enormous open world map, lot's of fun mechanic and idea (basically as long as you have stamina you can climb trees, cliffs ruins, everything! ), each NPC has quite a number of dialogues lines (all voice acted ) and even some have funny/interesting stories, cooking crafting et caetera, F2P widely friendly even without spending a cent (although i will see later if the game continue to surprise me if i invest in it a bit ), obviously microtransacion and gacha (totally fine) full controller support...

seriously, is that even a mobile game .... if so, every F2P anime style mmorpg i played till today are too ...

prologue ... well you choose the sister or the brother as your first team character (and you get Isekai'd ... in the process ... recurrent anime theme ... recently ) yeah cooking ... woohoo! and the map so far after tutorial and first prologue quest
120375464_632730124081529_7401523375113893687_n.png120407488_1275260652811243_5348887049113534156_n.png120515162_647950842532083_6170177300949981908_n.pngjpolkjsdfo.jpghfghf5t5.jpg
aye, beautiful cell shaded graphic wide open world ...

settings on PC white good enough, first town you go to, end of tutorial is ... fighting a dragon? gliding in the sky ? hell yeah, lotsa fun!
uoiwserui.jpgsdfhjlkdf.jpgyuhrt.jpghuiodf.jpg

first free character part of the "how you can get more by playing gacha" (paying is optional as you can see later ) didn't spend anything as i mentioned for now all weapon and extra character are pure 100% free rolls, you can controll up to 4 char in a team which are selectable freely using the directional pad on the gamepad for example (more than 4 can also be possible with trial char ... then it's LB+Y )
fdyfghfj.jpgjhkj.jpghgdr.jpgjtyt.jpg
each char has a background story and a lot of unlockable bits and hints, outside of Gacha character you get storyline character joining you after certain quest too, no need for Gacha rolls if you don't want to same goes for the weapons and equipments (artefact, the outfit is fixed and the artefact do not change the look unlike the weapon )

ah i hear some
"AH another game featuring ridicules anime girls to bait idiots"
"HEY! i feel ... not offended at all ... i'm no idiot :p "
there is some male character in the teammates too ...
yuigugyf.jpg
what? "he look female" ... how rude ...

ahhhh well, time for some free shots (oh and it has a photo mode ... )
hrtt.jpg202010223399.pngjilpksedkou.jpgjkopfwsejsio.jpg

yeah ... it still make AAA games dev look bad ... (yeah yeah i know i know ... microtransaction and gacha : BAD! ...aherm ... only if they are mandatory and unavoidable, and if the gacha is impossible to use for free ... :p )

PS: every single strand of grass or thicket, bushes move when you run thru, you can cut down these bushes and thickets or medium trees too (and reveal things hidden in it or make the fruits of the trees fell ), mining need no pickax ... a sword/claymore/mace are enough and when a fire effect set fire to the grass, it's stays burned (everything repop on re login aside treasures chest ) or a ice effect can make a bridge on water (you get the status "wet" if going in water .... elemental status are huge gameplay element too, each char has a base element and you can create reactions between them when attacking )

mhhh quite deep for an anime F2P "mobile" game well Mihoyo is known for that ... after all HI3 has a deep story too (and several manga with quite a lot of chapter each.)

Last edited:
System Name ALIENWARE R8
Processor INTEL I5 9500 @3.9Ghz
Motherboard ALIENWARE 02XRCM
Cooling ALIENWAR Liqid Cooler
Memory DDR4 16GB @2.8Ghz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GForce RTX 2070 8GB
Storage 512 MB M.2, KINGSTON 480 GB SSD,SEAGATE 3 TB
Display(s) VIZIO E-241 25" TV
Case ALIENWARE R8
Power Supply 850 WATTS
Mouse ROSWILL NEON M60
Keyboard ALIENWARE
Software WIN 10
havent played this in awhile.. basra 86'. I was just practicing at the target range. Its sorta complex so Im gradually working my way into the game. I havent played it in a few years and even then, it was just ever so often

Im in a m60 and the targets are ~1100m. tank,apc,tank.. Hit them with heat. 2 had a series of secondaries go off.. boom

starter 2020-10-02 20-15-33-011.jpg

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
Played a little bit of RE3 remake, it felt soooo empty as compared to the original. The things I missed the most is the music, that is the one thing that make classic RE, and puzzle is a lot simpler. And damn I only a few minutes in and I can see they cut a whole lot of the game. What a major letdown.

re3_2020.jpg

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Played a little bit of RE3 remake, it felt soooo empty as compared to the original. The things I missed the most is the music, that is the one thing that make classic RE, and puzzle is a lot simpler. And damn I only a few minutes in and I can see they cut a whole lot of the game. What a major letdown.

View attachment 170630
Wasn't the original also pretty short? It's about 6h avg.

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
I played the original and all i recall is the dude that locks him self up..
If the interwebs is to be believed they cut out a few places you visited as Jill.

Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I played the original and all i recall is the dude that locks him self up..
If the interwebs is to be believed they cut out a few places you visited as Jill.
I think a lot can be attributed to nostalgia for the original:
GameSpot highlighted positively the prompted choices during certain points in the game as they encourage replay value, but also admitted that the game length is too short compared to Resident Evil 2 because it only features one disc with one protagonist.
They rushed the development of the original RE3 because they wanted to have something ready for PS2. They also had Code Veronica in development, so that limited the selection of characters.

System Name ALIENWARE R8
Memory DDR4 16GB @2.8Ghz
Case ALIENWARE R8
Power Supply 850 WATTS
Mouse ROSWILL NEON M60
Keyboard ALIENWARE
Software WIN 10
i remember playing the 1st RE on the PS1.. I loved that game.. favorite line by the police chief or someone like that " we're all going to die"..

i also remember binge watching all the resident evil movies back to back.. great storyline as a whole . a movie or two was abit weak but looking at them as a homogeneous story line. i thoroughly enjoyed it

My Resi experience:

My first Resi game is RE2 on N64. It has exclusive Shelly Birkin level and extra notes about Rebecca. I like when you complete Hunk mission you get "End of one nightmare prelude to the another..." ending.

My favorite Resi game is REmake on GameCube. REmake is the most successful and faithful remake of all times.

RE4 Wii version is really awesome, I like that they added extra enemies because aiming is really easy in Wii version. RE4 on PS2 was okayish.

RE5 on PC is really smooth, Sheva's dumb AI is a nightmare tho.

Zero GameCube/Wii is cool too, you can drop items anywhere and control two characters simultaneously.

Revelations on 3DS is a masterpiece. Best 3DS game ever.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Tomb Raider II looks superb on my new Note 20 Ultra, but the controls take some getting used to. Great for long-haul flights.
By the way, if you find a game you paid for is no longer available on Google Play, check out your order history on your phone (not on your PC) and you can install it again.
TR II_2020-10-04-10-34-00.jpg TR II_2020-10-04-10-34-27.jpg

System Name ALIENWARE R8
Memory DDR4 16GB @2.8Ghz
Case ALIENWARE R8
Power Supply 850 WATTS
Mouse ROSWILL NEON M60
Keyboard ALIENWARE
Software WIN 10
STEEL BEAST PE..

Could not afford the game outright as its like $125 BUT a monthly subscription is like $9.50/month or $25/3 months..

LAZE AND BLAZE
SBProPE64cm 2020-10-04 13-20-11-430.jpg

YEA.. thats really a turret you see in the air
SBProPE64cm 2020-10-04 13-12-40-154.jpg

still practicing a bit before people start shooting back at me.. 2nd worst place you can hit a tank.. turret ring or damn close to it

2020-10-04_145632.jpg

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
There are some good games on Game Pass and I've just started Deliver Us The Moon, which is quite intriguing.
However, the small matter of not being able to re-map the key bindings is very irritating since I don't use WASD.
Still, I'll crack on as I seem to remember having a similar issue with Adrift which is very much like this game.
moon.jpg

moon_2.jpg

Attachments

• deliver-us-the-moon.png
    deliver-us-the-moon.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • deliver-us-the-moon-rocket.png
    deliver-us-the-moon-rocket.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 66

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
There are some good games on Game Pass and I've just started Deliver Us The Moon, which is quite intriguing.
However, the small matter of not being able to re-map the key bindings is very irritating since I don't use WASD.
Still, I'll crack on as I seem to remember having a similar issue with Adrift which is very much like this game.
View attachment 170826

View attachment 170827
I really enjoyed this and was probably close to finishing it I had it on XGP But switching rigs and fresh formats etc I recently reinstalled it again hoping to finish it but apparently MS cloud saves some games they obviously don't do all...

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-120mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
View attachment 170826

View attachment 170827

I also finished this recently.

Slow paced/walking simulator games like this I usually play with a controller so that was okay with me.

Late game has some serious performance issues tho, at least I had drops down to low 20s for no apparent reason regardless of the ingame settings.
This made the game almost impossible to finish cause ofc you have to be precise with something and having low fps like that doesn't help, checked the Steam comments and a good few ppl had the same issue with various systems.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Agreed, although I'm only about an hour into the game, it does remind me of Adrift which is a sublime game visually and atmospherically (sic), particularly where they use the same oxygen cylinder trick.
I emailed the game's support page about the key bindings and received this less than stellar reply:
"Thanks for contacting support! I don't remember if you were able to remap it. But i don't think you can as the settings shows the controls which is a static image if i can remember."

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Agreed, although I'm only about an hour into the game, it does remind me of Adrift which is a sublime game visually and atmospherically (sic), particularly where they use the same oxygen cylinder trick.
I emailed the game's support page about the key bindings and received this less than stellar reply:
"Thanks for contacting support! I don't remember if you were able to remap it. But i don't think you can as the settings shows the controls which is a static image if i can remember."
"My job is to support people having issues or questions with this game, but I'm not even going to refer to the game, I'll just go off of memory! :D"

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
"My job is to support people having issues or questions with this game, but I'm not even going to refer to the game, I'll just go off of memory! :D"
I've just seen the very same question posed in the Steam forums where the devs implied that they may consider looking at key bindings back in 2018 :(
I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of that happening now. Especially when they say they can't even remember the name of the game in question :D