• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What would you like to see from the next Bethesda game?

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
A Fallout game that...

1) Has a world the size of The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (unlikely to happen, but I can dream)
2) Is more faction focused and less karma focused (less Fallout 3, more Fallout 1/2/T/NV)
3) Not based on the Gamebryo engine (there were almost as many bugs resulting from the engine as there were in the game scripting; the latter is understandable due to its size and complexity whereas there's no excuse for the former)
4) Retains the old survival mechanics of food, drink, and rest (a.k.a. "hardcore mode" in Fallout New Vegas for the newer players)

For the people complaining about VATS dependency in Fallout 3, you've obviously never tried to shoot a Mirelurk (those giant horseshoe crabs) in the head with it. VATS was more useful as a "bullet time" feature to get your bearings and a few pot shots in when you're overwhelmed. I'll admit the first-person shooter style of Fallout 3 and New Vegas meshes oddly with the iconic VATS of the turn-based strategy style of the previous Fallout games. Given that consideration, I think they've done a decent job integrating it.

As much as I'd love to see another turn-based strategy Fallout, I don't think it's going to happen. The US market prefers FPS and other twitchy genres over TBS and other slower, more cerebral genres.

Co-op would be nice, especially with LAN support. But then the devs would need to accommodate for more than one player. What if the players don't want to stick together and do different things? The scope and complexity of Fallout and TES games would make this a daunting task.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Except therin lies the problem: 10 SPECIAL across the board with 100 in all the skills across the board on Fallout 3 and you still can't hit the broad side of a barn with a laser rifle (which should have 100% accuracy all the time) without using VATS. New Vegas didn't suffer that problem.

And there is another problem. An RPG in which you can max out every stat? Makes no sense.

A Fallout game that...

1) Has a world the size of The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (unlikely to happen, but I can dream)
2) Is more faction focused and less karma focused (less Fallout 3, more Fallout 1/2/T/NV)
3) Not based on the Gamebryo engine (there were almost as many bugs resulting from the engine as there were in the game scripting; the latter is understandable due to its size and complexity whereas there's no excuse for the former)
4) Retains the old survival mechanics of food, drink, and rest (a.k.a. "hardcore mode" in Fallout New Vegas for the newer players)

For the people complaining about VATS dependency in Fallout 3, you've obviously never tried to shoot a Mirelurk (those giant horseshoe crabs) in the head with it. VATS was more useful as a "bullet time" feature to get your bearings and a few pot shots in when you're overwhelmed. I'll admit the first-person shooter style of Fallout 3 and New Vegas meshes oddly with the iconic VATS of the turn-based strategy style of the previous Fallout games. Given that consideration, I think they've done a decent job integrating it.

As much as I'd love to see another turn-based strategy Fallout, I don't think it's going to happen. The US market prefers FPS and other twitchy genres over TBS and other slower, more cerebral genres.

Co-op would be nice, especially with LAN support. But then the devs would need to accommodate for more than one player. What if the players don't want to stick together and do different things? The scope and complexity of Fallout and TES games would make this a daunting task.

All good points.

Also, Wasteland 2. ;)

A Dishonored game with decent enemy AI. AI in the first one was god-awful.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-14900K Direct Die
Motherboard MSI Z790 ACE MAX
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, IceMan DD block
Memory G.SKILL F5-7200J3646F24GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 990 PRO 1TB M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win11PRO
No Steam (or any other) online DRM.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
And there is another problem. An RPG in which you can max out every stat? Makes no sense.
It was memory edited. Just trying to make a point that the RPG elements didn't play into it much/any.

A Dishonored game with decent enemy AI. AI in the first one was god-awful.
A sequel to Dishonored is coming too. Dishonored made a lot of money for Zenimax.

Processor AMD 2700 @ 4.0GHz all-core
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi
Cooling EK Fluid Gaming A240R + Extra 240 Rad
Memory 2x8GB GSkill DDR4-3533 CL16
Video Card(s) Radeon Vega 64 @ 1672MHz
Storage HP EX920 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) MSI Optix G24C 1080p 144Hz 24", Dell P2214H 22" 1080p LCD
Case Fractal Design Focus G Red
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 750S 80+ Bronze
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
It was memory edited.
It didn't have to be. They added a perk in a dlc that 9-ed every stat that wasn't, and then if you picked up all the bobble heads after that you were rocking all 10s. Maxing combat skills was easy. That's why I feel the character class system felt bland and hurt replayability. If you can make a perfect character (besides perk selection) why would you want to make a second?

Last edited: