1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

which card to buy?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mineral, May 12, 2014.

1. mineral New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I have a Pentium Quad Core Q9330 2.5 ghz, with 6 gb of ram ddr2 memory, ASUS P5QPRO, 850w power supply and graphics card gtx 460

I am planning to buy a new graphics card that will let me play the next generation games.
    Please recomendáis me which and why?
    Any data that you may need, to tell me.
    Thank you.

2. Lightbulbie

Lightbulbie

Thanks Received:
    You're better off with a new system in general, but if you could. Get DDR3 memory and go with a GTX 670 if possible. It's a powerhouse without breaking your wallet.

3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    Your system is going to bottleneck due to the CPU with any new generation GPU. What kind of monitor/Resolution do you game at?

4. mineral New Member

Thanks Received:

1920*1200,

not have any graphics card that suited my computer and there formed bottleneck?
    not improve in games though formed bottleneck?
    I think I adapt this graphics card to a computer later

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    Im saying the Processor you own is pretty well dated and the problem is that the CPU will in most games cause a bottleneck when your trying to game at 1920x1200. It would probably be better to grab a new CPU, motherboard, and ram then upgrade the video card at a later point. If you grabbed a video card now, chances are you would be bottle-necked even if you bought something like a GTX 780ti. If you want to stick with what you have, my suggestion for a video card would be to grab a R9 270X or a GTX 760 but even those will be bottlenecked in some way. I have a couple friends one of which had a Core 2 Quad at 3.0ghz and he put a HD 7950 into his system to upgrade but still ran into very minute gains in performance going from an old GTX 560ti. He then grabbed an I5 3570k and his FPS shot up to 60 on ultra in many games.

6. mineral New Member

Thanks Received:
    I understand that with a r9 or gtx as I could tell a little flatter life of the computer games.

Now I do not have money to buy other components off.

Which two cards do you recommend.

Many thanks for the help.

7. Lightbulbie

Lightbulbie

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, just keep your GTX460 and save up for a whole upgrade. I have a GT 220 that can run Skyrim/BF3 without killing itself. I'm sure your 460 can power through a little more.