1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which PSU?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nat327, Nov 16, 2012.

1. nat327

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,
    I have 2 PSUs ATM, both is brand new and sealed, I only needed one so I'm going to have to let one of them go. I need some advice as to which I should keep.
    One is OCZ ZT 750W and another one Silent Pro M2 720W

OCZ one is brand new with 5-year warranty and the Silent Pro was the replacement and only have about 2 months warranty left. Although I could keep OCZ just for the warranty, I doubt anyone would want to buy PSU without warranty.

Thanks for your help guys :toast:

2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Send both into FS, then use the one which did not sell

3. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    They are so closely matched that neither has an advantage over the other.

Personally, I'd keep the OCZ due to the warranty and eBay the Coolermaster (higher sale price vs tpu).... it'll sell for a decent price and you're left with 5 years of warranty protection for yourself with the OCZ unit.

4. nat327

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your suggestion, XL-R8R. Although, I'd rather sell it on TPU and potentially save a few quid for those who need it.

Also, Cooler Master one is a Euro version if that makes any different.

5. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    Euro usually means the power cord is English/Continental.

As for selling on tpu... cant fault you there as itll surely help someone. :toast:

6. nat327

Thanks Received:
    I have a few more questions before I put it on FS. Mine was bought as a part of bundle which Cooler Master website stated that the warranty of the "Chassis plus PSU" bundle is only 2-years.

Does that mean it's applied to both Case+PSU? And since they replaced part of bundle with a brand new PSU (different one from original) and not the whole bundle, does the warranty on PSU not become standard 5-years?

7. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    I expect the original warranty to cover both the PSU and case for the 2 year stated period.

However, since you returned the PSU and its been replaced I expect the warranty on your replacement unit, seeing as its an RMA replacement(refurb?/classed as one), is the remainder of the old warranty on the first PSU you sent back.

Thats usually how it works at least.

8. nat327

Thanks Received:
    At lease I can't fault their RMA process as it was the quickest RMA I've ever had. I had my replacement delivered in about 4-days after they've receive my previous unit. And UK-based RMA centre was a plus point (although the replacement was sent from Netherlands).