1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why DDR2-800 only showing PC2-5300?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by valiant65, Oct 7, 2006.

1. valiant65 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys - I'm almost completlely new to overclocking (as you can see from my question no doubt hehe) and I have a question I'm hoping somebody can help me with:

A couple of weeks ago I got my new system. I have the Asus P5WDH Deluxe Wireless Edition MOB and 2Gb of Corsair XMS TWIN2X2048-6400C4 EPP DDR2-800 ((see the full system details in my profile). When my system boots I see the following message "PC2-5300 Dual Channel Interleaved". Being new at this I think it's difficult to grasp all the different memory types/speeds but does that message indicate that my system isn't recognizing my RAM or at least not running it at full speed?

If so, how can I get the most out of my RAM? Do I need to go into the overclocking settings in the BIOS in order to rectify this? I am planning of OCing the system (one of the reasons for getting this motherboard since I read it's great for OCing but I was going to wait until I've had a chance to read some of the great FAQs and intros out there).

2. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    first and formost that is one smokin hot system you have got there
    second, check your bios and check the DRAM section to see if you are running in DDR 800 mode. It might just be displaying the default maufacturer speed.