1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

windows 7 build 7100 not stable?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by HiddenStupid, Aug 24, 2009.

1. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    windows 7 build 7100 not stable?

anyone experience?

i was opening a folder like ducs or c drive ect.. and it will have a manicfine glass search which take forever. had to reboot. but it happend every 40min. also you know when opening programs and it will have window pop up asking for permission? yeah that it will take like 20sec before it pop up say normally is 2sec.

i went back to vista and i dont have those problems anymore.

anyone experience win7 7100 same?
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. kyle2020 Guest

I had one issue with win 7 during 2 months or so of use - the windows media player control buttons that appeared when you hovered over the taskbar wouldnt work. Besides that, it was as smooth as a babies bottom.

The permission window is User Account Control - go into control panel, then User accounts / family safety, then user accounts again, and then click change user account control settings - if im right your slider will be at the top / maybe at the middle - turn it off, its useless and is an annoyance.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    7100 was mostly trouble free for me.

7100 has been removed for download from MS's site, anyone using it now is... well, kinda behind the times. 7600 RTM has been out for weeks now, and many people (myself incuded) already running it legit via technet.
  4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm still on 7100,as i dont have access to technet so no key for 7600 :(