• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 "privelege" issues while downloading and punkbuster

Paintface

Processor E5200 @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard DFI LanParty DK P35 DARK
Cooling Zalman CPU + case cooling
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 4GB 1066
Video Card(s) Saphire 4890 Vapor-X OCed
Storage Raptor 74GB + 640GB sata + 1TB sata ( all WD)
Display(s) BENQ 24inch LCD 1080p
Case my desk
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply OCZ gameXstream 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Hello everyone,

For the past months its been impossible to play Call of duty 4 or 5 on my brothers computer. He had XP for ages till this summer when i installed windows 7 64bit for him.

He had occasional issues like while downloading a file with firefox, when it downloaded completely at 100%, windows would give an error that it was not allowed to write on the harddisk, but the file would be there and called filename.txt.part, but not renamed to the original file name.
Sometimes he was not allowed to delete a file, would restart, and still not able to delete it. Then a few days later it would perfectly.

Also punkbuster games like Call of duty 4/5 would give issues, completely updated and even reinstalled services to the fix the problem

So i dediced to format his PC this week, and reinstall windows 7. Again the exact same issues occured from the first time i started up windows, and again was not able to play punkbuster games. But downloads would not always fail, and not always deleting files would give me issues.

So im completely lost as to what the problem could be , i have installed OSes the past 15 years more times than i can count, i have installed even windows 7 on countless system without any issues including mine.

I figure a format would solve issues like that.... only thing i can think of is wiping the BIOS settings , even though i cant think of any BIOS setting affecting that. Only other thing i can think of is that he has 2 physical drives, C drive with his OS got formatted , D drive with his personal files hasnt been touched, in the bios the D drive is set to boot from, but he installs the OS and starts the OS from C drive just fine, installing OS to C drive and then setting to boot from C drive in BIOS gives bootmgr not found issue wich is logic to me. I bring this up cause maybe on the D drive in the boot files there is something that is left that causes problems when in windows 7?

Again i got no clue where to troubleshoot this, suggestions would be welcome

Paintface

Processor E5200 @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard DFI LanParty DK P35 DARK
Cooling Zalman CPU + case cooling
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 4GB 1066
Video Card(s) Saphire 4890 Vapor-X OCed
Storage Raptor 74GB + 640GB sata + 1TB sata ( all WD)
Display(s) BENQ 24inch LCD 1080p
Case my desk
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply OCZ gameXstream 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate

screenshot of a third fresh windows 7 install, the account i work with is the only account , and it says its an administrator account. im lost here.