1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 UEFI install, need some advice / help (I'm stuck).

Discussion in 'General Software' started by SaiZo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Ok, first of all, excuse me if for any reason there is a guide somewhere on TPU, if so please re-direct me to it and lock this thread..

I have been trying to install W7 using EFI on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s - (4173).
    The laptop is equipped with an SSD disk of 160Gb, 4gigs of ram and a nice i5 cpu.

Problem is, I actually googled before coming here, and tried various things "found" on the net. Doesn't work, gives me an error:
    File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

Info: The selectred entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

First I found that I have 3 different USB ports, one is 2.0 (black) one is yellow (??) and one is blue (3.0 I assume).

Thanks if anyone can just say what wrong I'm doing. Booting from a USB stick - FAT32, used Universal USB installer..

EDIT: Nevermind, called them at Lenovo, have to update the BIOS first. Have installed Win7 x64 in the normal way instead.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013