1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8.1 and Gaming Issues with Colour

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Irish_PXzyan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Howdy lads.

Firstly I understand that ICC colour profiles don't work in fullscreen gaming on an nvidia GPU but I confident that I could use the likes of FXAA or SweetFX Injectors to sort that out for me.
    But I can't get any game to work with any injector :/

On my previous windows 7 build these would always work just fine.. I suspect it's windows 8?

Anyone with Windows 8.1 manage to get these working? Or have other programs that they use to fix the dull nasty colour while gaming?

Cheers lads.
  2. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i normally don't use the color profile that comes with my screens they usually don't do go for me.

and the custom driver i got now for my Yamakasi don't even have that xD
  3. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Really? I can't stand having no control over Gamma\Brightness etc...

Problem for me was gaming! the ICC profile was bypassed and therefore all games looked like shit, starcraft 2 looked very good as it accepts ICC profiles.

But I managed to finally have control over how games look now by using Total War Rome 2 GEM WIN 8.1 enhancement mod for all of my games! all I needed to do was copy the GEM files and place them in any other game folders and it worked wonderfully! Now my games looks very colorful and vibrant ^^

It's VERY pleasing! If I knew how to make screenshots and put them up here for examples so yee could see what I mean, I would! It's very obvious and this has made a HUGE difference for me :)
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    This from the ssd transfer?
  5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    the ICC's that was for my old Philips WLED monitor made white more yellow then white which pissed me off to be honest, and i run cooled colours 9600k or else i would get a headache, which i haven't had with my Yamakasi yet, so i guess it's better like this for me.
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Use a better monitor.
  7. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    I reformatted ^^ Waste of time reformatting to be honest.. But it's for the best anyway :p

Really? 9600K?? I can't stand it being that high :p Does 6500K Temp actually give you a headache?? I prefer warmer colours over the very white whites as it appears to be very glarey and causes me to squint :p
    My Old Philips Gioco 3D 27" monitor was amazingly good, but it was glossy and killed my eyes after an hour or so of use :( Such a shame...

I'm using a laptop and this display is one of the best available for laptops ^^ It just doesn't have an OSD menu like most desktop monitors sadly, I really wish laptops had OSD menu! would make life so much better.