1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WOW in game cash sales :O

Discussion in 'Games' started by tigger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This was already rumoured a couple of days ago when a spell was found on PTR files for 100% XP increase in certain areas.
    Basically, when Blizzard says "in certain areas" they mean china, because thats where in-game transactions arent frowned upon. I dont see how paying to level faster is pay to win, as WoW is extremely skill/gear dependent (except from PVP, because gear means nothing now).
    All in all this is a desperate attempt from Blizzard to improve the situation on the decline of subscribers. I believe a recent investor told the press the subscribers has dropped down to 6million in recent quarters.
    A lot of people buy>subscribe>get to 50>get bored>unsubscribe.
    This, along with many other in game transactions is there to get people to pay to get past that mark of being bored so they can join the mind numbing LFR and non-gear dependant BG's.
    This is why I will never play WoW again.

3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Boosting experience gains beyond the already ridiculous levels they are at now? Bah.

Anyway I have given some thought to what Blizzard should do with WoW:

Release the next expansion, whatever it will be. It think I've seen there is to be a new expansion, which is fine by me. Let it run like a year or so, then announce the game will be shut down in six months. Introduce a software package/product that allows people to easier create private servers, allow players to extract their accounts/charachters to those servers. Think of it as a living museum, but for your characters sort of thing. Then descent into madness:

Make some realms entirely lawless, truly lawless. In the last month, give random players full GM capabilities (whatever those are) and certain system tool. Say each realm have like 50 GM players, and each day the GM title passes from player to player, completely randomized. The last two weeks all rules should be abolished, let the strong cull the weak and all that. As a social experiment. In the last two days, make all players god-like. In the last hour, bring Sargeras around, make him eat Azeroth. End cinematic, explain this is not official lore (so they can make Warcraft 4 in the future).

4. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    This sounds like fun, especially the Sargeras part. Keep in mind they HAVE to keep the wooden magical axe still stuck in his big toe to retain at least a little lore. The rest sounds good, open sourcing a dying cash cow. Then they can work on Warcraft IIII, so players can do everything they did in wow, but RTS style, without LFR or retarded 14 year olds tanking in PVP DPS gear. :yay:

5. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Games die and developers need to realize this.. SE realized this and made FFXIV.
    Where as blizzard thinks you can rely on the same game for eternity.
    They need to make a new game.
    People like new things.

RCoon and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  6. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    They are making a new MMO, it's been pushed back. These things take time.
    It would be awesome if they released a Warcraft 4 strategy game, but I doubt that they will.

7. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Pushed back is an understatement. It was developed, scrapped, renewed, restarted, scrapped again. Now they have decided to mothball the whole lot and start again because it wasnt meeting the demands of the global f*ckfest that is the cesspit of MMO's today, aka, wasnt dropping content like hotcakes with F2P strategy and monies in game.
    Everybody who was a Blizzard fan since Warcraft wants another Warcraft IIII, but I can guarantee, most die hard blizzard fans arent playing WoW anymore.

8. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I actually think they should let Warcraft rest for a bit. Make Starcraft II Protoss Edition, a Diablo III expansion (which I assume is coming), a WoW expansion, then Starcraft Ghost.

Ghost. :(

9. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    I'd like a Diablo Expansion that fixes the fact that the game was and is a catastrophic and very boring failure, remove everything that makes the auction house wrong. Fix item drops, fix item stat differences etc. Also make the end game a little more fun like DII.
    SCII Protoss edition seems only fair to me. WoW I could not care less about anymore.

10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I actually made £3 from the diablo III AH:laugh:

11. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    WoW is really on its way down, we really do need some fresh mmo,and i doubt the elder scrolls online will be any better...

12. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    ESO was a mistake, they should have just made Skyrim multiplayer(like everyone has been asking for since Morrowind), but they're dumbasses and thought they knew better than their customers.
    If its money they wanted, release Multiplayer as a DLC, hell, I'd buy it.

13. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Honestly it just looks like one those L2 copies...

14. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    "The first item players can buy is a potion that boosts the experience points they gain from kills and loot."

Lmao.. They call that "sanction" (always free, just talk to the guy) or it's a grand company scroll you can buy, with in game currency in FFXIV.

I think it's pretty pathetic, just to start charging people for things because you think you have the right to.
    Games that use Pay to win, in game money like this, I leave immediately.
    It only gets worse.

One day people realize just how dumb it is and look at their bank statements.
    That tends to be the last day they play..

No games that use this model can be considered really successful imo.
    Everyone leaves games that do this eventually.
    They are just going to hasten the process.

15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I like them for it bringing more life in to a game that's already released how ever you are right it only lasts so long..

Very few games bring more to the already released today and they like to just spam games at us for example COD\GRAW.

If only more would extend the life of their games with xpacs and such and give the community the ability to change stuff like with OFP\Arma which is were i dislike Blizz as they don't allow that.