1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x1900xtx support

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Celsi, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Celsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello folks,

after a short visit to the NVIDIA world I will return to ATI now with a x19000xtx. As I could see, Vers. 0.0.24 of ATI tool is still the latest stable version like it already was when I still owned my x800xt.
    I like ATI-Tool, in fact this (and some picture quality issues) is the reason why I donĀ“t like NV very much: The ATI Tool (Tested beta 12 with it) did not work well with my 78000gtx.#

So my x1900xtx should arrive at the end of next week, and I have some questions about the lastest beta (13?): How far does it support the x1900xtx ?

- Does overclocking work, are the clock values read and displayed correctly ?
    - Does the temperature-based fan control work correctly ?
    - Anything else I need to know about this version working with x1900xtx?

Thanks for any help!

Kind regards, Celsi

2. giorgos th.

giorgos th. New Member

Thanks Received:
    as far as i know it has a support on X1900 cards.

3. Celsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, Giorgos

but I need to know exactly about the 2 upper issues I mentioned to plan my cooling hardware & strategy for a silent PC.

Thanks,
    Celsi

4. Dynamic Guest

When i was using the ATI TOOL .24 version it seemed like a piece of cake with the adjustments and settings with the X800GTO that i had. Now that i've got the Sapphire X1900XT along with the BETA ATI TOOL it gives me problems. I would set the core/memory frequencies to 650/1550 just like i do with no problems in OVERDRIVE and it would have my monitor go out of sync when loading a game at overclock speeds using the 2d/3d detection. Also ATI TOOL has an issue where it trys to disable the OVERDRIVE 2d/3d function everytime you boot into windows where it suppose to just do it once and be done with it. When i first installed my X1900XT i didn't uninstall the .24 version of ATI TOOL so it wouldn't not only be incompatible, but i would get a sudden red screen at windows boot. Just by uninstalling the .24 ati tool version fixed that problem. I like the settings and the adjustments you can make with ATI TOOL, but it seems to me that it is still buggy and Wizzard still has some work do it. I hope this story helps, hehe.