• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800-X850 AGP/PCIx POSSIBLE EXTRA PIPE UNLOCKING

ChAce

klootzakje said:
lol but when i unzip it it doesnot have an extension ;o

edit :
tried changing it to .com and .exe but it didnt work :confused:
lol, you put it on the floppy and use dos commands to use it, your computer will understand you "little asshole" :p

kurik

Hi.

Ive been watching this thread closely for a week or so, and my hope is still there that we can make this work. So, I figured i could contribute a little to your research. I attatched the info ATItool gives.

I have done the following "mods" to my card.

I connected the "lasercut" with conductive paint, after that i flashed bios with various 16pipe pcie bios versions. But I didnt have any luck unlocking pipes. My x800pro vivo (built by ati) pci-e is still in 12pipe mode. At the moment my bios is the original i got with the card, and the screenie is taken with that bios installed (if that matters).

Cheers, and good work you guys do! Thumbs up!

//Kurik

Attachments

• x800pro vivo pcie.JPG
    x800pro vivo pcie.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 823

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Storage 4x320 7200.10 raid
Display(s) 21" sony trinitron
Case v2000b lianli
Audio Device(s) x-fi platinum
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
acording to that pic it looks like you are out of luck dude :/

klootzakje

thanks :) will do it tonight again, now i'm going to work :(

klootzakje

here i flashed a x850 pro bios onto it and the 3e2 changed to 3e0

i also flashed a x850 xt bios onto it

but offcourse still 8 pipelines :(

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
yep rom fuses can be freely changed by changing the bios, but they seem to have no effect if die/substrate fuses are in effect

Klootzakje, even failed in opening the 3 quad (12 pipes) it gaves more information about the cause and way of locking. At present you can't have 12 pipes but I still have a hope and new idea but we have to be patient. It is more radical than resistor config. and I need time and info in order to prove/disprove it.

In order to have 12 pipes I presume that is necessary to obtain "f" in the last place in CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFFF9D (your). It have to be 0xFFFFFFxF

For 16 pipes on SE is not reasonable to tnink but on PRO is very nice idea. To have 16 pipes it is necessary to have "F" on 5th position in CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFF9FFF (your). It should be 0xffffFfff.
If we find how to unlock doesn't matter which quad (3 or 4) we will unlock the remaining because the mechanism of lockind is the same.

Thanks for the great job done :)

klootzakje

how can i/we help ? i don't mind trying hardmods or making more detailled pics, if you say which piece(s) of the card you pictures of

Guys thanks a lot in advance for the support. When the time comes I will again turn to you for help. But first I have to play with my own card and when I am ready will ask you for just measurings. I will need (I have to collect) data base to compare with. Arm yoursef with multimeter and patience because I need some time ;) .

"The hard times requires drastic measures :D "

Last edited:
System Name Homebrew
Processor Intel I5 4690k>Ryzen3900x
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5>Aorus Elite X570
Cooling CPU: (Prolimatek Megahelim 2+1 exhaust fan)>X72 Kraken, GPU: 570lx 240mm AIO w/kraken G10 + Ramsinks
Memory Kingston Hyper-X 2400 Savage 2 x 8Gb>16GB Corsair Vengence Pro M2Z(for Ryzen)>32GB PatriotViper 4400
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX Vega 56 HBM to 930Mhz from 800Mhz for Gaming & 850 for Gigapixel AI
Storage 850 evo 250Gb, 860 1TB, HGST HDN726040ALE640, WD10EACS 1Tb, WD20EARS 2Tb, WD80EMAZ, WD140EMFZ
Display(s) Benq GW2265>C24FG73 Samsung 144Hz
Case Antec P180>Lian-Li 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Gigabyte M6900> Razer Deathadder V2 (optical switches)
Keyboard Logitech G15 + Wolfking circular gaming KB
Software Windows 7 SP1>Windows 10 Pro N fully activated with gatherosstate.exe
Benchmark Scores http://www.doomiii.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/system-spec.html < Need a new host
Fresko, unfortunately I couldn't find any diferences within the provided BIOSes. The "problem" is on the hardware level and is not so connected with the resistor configuration as I believed. But it directs me in other direction and soon i will need again your help with just measurements as a beggining. We will see is it possible to do something more in order to unlock the last quad. :)

In connection with the above please read time to time this thread.

fresko995

it's ok Dolf. - one other thought i had about the hard-fuseing of the pipelines: when comparing the upper-sides (surface) of all the X800-GPUs against eachother, are there any differences among those very small "resistors" there (if they are "resistors"?)? I assume the only other difference is the dots with or without the lasercut, which we all know since the beginning of modding X800Pro's.

If there aren't any important differences, then the secret of unlocking the pipelines is very likely on the PCB, as you already assumed before. but HOW did they lock the pipelines?
maybe not only by configuring some resistors but also by performing some other modifications on other areas of the PCB (front-side, back-side).

if I could set my card aside I would even lend you my X800Pro in order to find the solution for the community :)

Fresko, don't hurry on I will make some research on my card but it is XT and all the measurements have to be compared with PRO. Fortunately you have one laser cut which is good for comparison. When I am ready all of you will receive step by step "measuring" requirement which can show something interesting. You will be load up to conduct these measurements and to find possible differences and finally to return the information to me (I prefer to keep it private for now. That's why please provide me your mail and I will be very greatful).
Cross fingers and light up candle to find (invent) method for reverseing of the fusing if it is possible at all. :)
Regards

Compuweb

POWERCOLOR X850PRO Pics

I've attached pics of the soldered jumpers and the ATI Theatre chipset along with the front side showing the jack that indicates VIVO.

Can this Powercolor X850PRO's 12 pipes be increased to 16 pipes with ONLY a bios update, or does this card also require soldering to get the extra 4 pipes?

Attachments

• x850pro1.jpg
    x850pro1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 753
  • x850pro2.jpg
    x850pro2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

Chefkoch81

Hi!

I have the same card as klootzakje. A Club3D X800RX (actually its a X800GT).

When I switched to Zalman cooling I made some Pics of the core:

Maybe important for a Hard Mod?

Also I did Scrennshots of AtiTool, here with original Bios (although Frequency Modded):

and here with flashed X850XT Bios (to bad only 8 Pipes, but I think thats whats all about here :) ):

Tell me how can I help. Im not afraid of HardModding too.

CU

Attachments

• X800GT.JPG
    X800GT.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,227
  • x800gt bios.jpg
    x800gt bios.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • x850xt bios.jpg
    x850xt bios.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,280
Thanks for the reply. The time for R480 will come soon and every information will be important and also courage to do some hardmod. At present I will play with R420 because I have such card but it is just beggining :) .

Fresko Hi again,
I am ready with my "measuring request". It was difficult for me to start but for you it will be easily (max. one hour).
My X800XT is dismantled for a week already and will remain in this condition until I receive your results.

Please inform me when you have that and if you have questions :) .

Attachments

• R420_measurement points.JPG
    R420_measurement points.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,182
  • R420_measurements.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 560

MeridiusZN

Great thread! Great idea! I have X800SE AGP but i havent heart so far anybody can unlock it. With my OC 580/1130 i would be pleased if somebody manages to do that. Do you still think PCB is the key.... not the core? That there is the hitch in it? BTW sorry for my English...i am from the Czech Republic. :)

Great, Meridius for the concern. I change my opinion about PCB but based on the experiment. Now I am working on the core locking and very soon your support will be necessary. I hope that you can work with multimeter because I will need some results (measurements) from SE core.

Stay on line with this issue and pray for us :) .

MeridiusZN

dolf said:
Great, Meridius for the concern. I change my opinion about PCB but based on the experiment. Now I am working on the core locking and very soon your support will be necessary. I hope that you can work with multimeter because I will need some results (measurements) from SE core.

Stay on line with this issue and pray for us :) .

So....of course...i can set to work. I have simple multimetr...but it is still multimetr :)))