• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy :)

Seeks

Hello alltogehter,

got little problem with my x800gt2, i think.

Flashing was ok, as the games work fine, and 3dmark03 gathered about 13k points. Now I think the flashed bios has a prob with the thermal diode. As I oced the card to 550/599 the sensor allways sais only about 30° for gpu and about 40° for the environment. So i wanted to test this here, but there was no iso anymore.

So first question, is this temperature normal? (System ist fully watercooled)
2.nd one, if not can anybdy pls send me the iso image

noneed4me2

System Name TheloneFrakker..;)
Processor Q6600 GO FSB333@3.04ghz
Motherboard Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2x1gb/Gskill DDR3 1333@9,9,9,24 1t
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD2900XT
Storage Seagate Barrucuda 7200.11 500gb SATAII 32mb cache
Display(s) Sceptre xw20g Naga 20.1"
Case Thermaltake Bach VX w/Side window
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Hiper 580w Modular
Software XP Pro/Vista Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores None yet, coming soon...
Is your vid card watercooled, if yes is the memory set up for cooling too? If you saved your original bios you could flash with it Winflash and keep your 16p, this should correct any issues hopefully. Watercooling can keep your temps down alot but under load i would think there would be some temp increase, even a few degrees, unless its super extreme.

Seeks

Hiho noneed,

I used a complete cooling for the vid card , this one here:http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_info.php?products_id=1370&cPath=5_18_291

So every memoryblock is extra cooled, and i can imagine that it is really lower temp than aircooled, but so low? A little raise of the temp i can see, but not like i expected on a vid card that is oced like mine, and it seems to have even more potential.

No i havent saved the original Bios, but I downloaded, some for my card to reflash to the original. Are you sure the pipes keep open? So what else is effected by the downgrade?

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
seeks if you have a matching bios use winflash (check the force box) it will preserve your pipe settings and match back all other settings to your card original specs like mem timings and clock. Plus i have read that people who flash certain other bioses sometimes loose VIVO functionality.
PS that watercooling setup is awesome, i never knew they had something like that! It could be your cards temps really are kept that low at all times. If everything is working ok i would leave it alone, but reflahing it probably wouldn't hurt. Winflash is easier to use than flahing in dos as everything is done within the Windows environment, you just reboot when finished and thats it. I am not sure if you even need to reinstall drivers but that probably wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

birelwf

Can anyone tell me were the files have gone. Downloaded the file but when I unzip them
there is nothing there just 1.5MB of space.......or am I missing something?

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
its a boot ISO you wont see any files in windows thats normal. Just burn with nero image copy in version 6 or greater.

Justin1983

Just tried this and it worked painlessly except AtiTool says 12 pipelines still. Do I need to reinstall the driver after flashing or something? Thanks.

locutus12

hmmm.... it should be set to 16 if all went well... try reinstalling the driver and use ati tool version 0.25Beta 8

AshG

I'm having some trouble and I'm not sure if it is with hardware or Windows The flash went fine, according to the DOS screen. When I booted back into Windows, I was dumped to an 800x600 screen with 60MHz refresh and a warning from CCC that "No ATI hardware has been found on this system". I flashed back via the emergency reflash, but things weren't fixed. Windows sees the hardware, but it is listed as Radeon X800/X850 under the Unknown category. I tried with a DOS floppy flash as well, no luck there either.

Long story made bearable, I uninstalled the drivers, ran Drivercleaner, CCleaner, and Tune-Up Utiltiies from Safe mode, reinstalled the drivers, and I'm enjoying quite a nice upgrade from my old 5900XT. But Windows is still insisting that the card is a member of Unknown. Is this a Windows issue, or is there something wrong hardware-wise that may be keeping the ID from being recognized properly?

Hey Locutus, are you alive?

Can you put your iso on-line again, please. The link is broke.

Many thankx

locutus12

damn, people arestill using this i see :D 11 pages of replies! eeeeek! hope you all got on ok with it.