1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox reveals a count down timer

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mindweaver, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Check it out here. I'm not a console guy, but my nephews are so I'm interested to find out what this is about. :toast:
    natr0n and digibucc say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering if the new console controller will affect the PC in any way.

I say this because the 360 pad is the official PC controller standard.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    how different is the design? I use my wireless 360 for all pc games so if this new one is better then i'm interested in it now :)
  4. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    The Xbox 360 controller is the best design i've seen/used., I could play on it on hours end unlike the PS controller which stresses my hand, The Only problem is the D-pad, I hope they fix that.
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Keyboard+mouse mofos. Gamepads can't touch this. Number of buttons and precision. Only place where gamepad might have an edge are racing simulation games where analog control can be better. And thats pretty much it. I can't understand how ppl enjoy FPS games with gamepads. It's so clumsy and horrible. Instead of feeling connected directly into the game you feel like you're controlling a man who's controlling an in-game player. This is especially annoying since most of shooters on consoles want to use stupid over the shoulder view.
    m1ch says thanks.
  6. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    While KB+Mouse has precision and accuracy, most of the gamers aren't playing competitively and doesn't need that extra edge. Most console gamers, even FPS gamers, like to play casually, and the gamepad is much, much smaller and portable. may it be on a couch, on bed, on the other side of the room, lying down, sideways, upside down hanging, whatever and whenever position you want.

Its much easier to use a gamepad for enjoyment purposes. I have finished many FPS games(like COD) on a console, but that didn't stop me from playing CSGO competitively and Arma on PC.

For serious gaming and immersion, I'd go KB+M ftw, for quick fun and relaxation, gamepads are the better choice.

and imo, Its not clumsy and horrible, for the movement its actually better cause you actually move in 360 degrees, not in 8 directions only (WASD). The aiming is bad, but there's auto-aim to help. and the number of buttons is just right, unless you are playing a game with lots of needed controls(which probably won't be released to consoles anyway)
  7. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Gamepad has better precision in racing games due to analog steering and braking.
    In most adventure or action games that doesn't involve too much aiming, i always use my gamepad. Otherwise Mouse+KB ftw.
  8. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    That. For me i cant play any racing games on a keyboard.
    So we have a countdown to a another countdown right?
    They'll maybe show off its chassis and a game played right through VLC media player as we've seen before.
  9. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Geometry Wars (2) is one of those games where you think a keyboard is okay, then you play it and then you would really want an Xbox 360 controller because you're limited to moving 8 directions. Don't ruin a good arcade game with a KB/Mouse. :cool:
    digibucc and RCoon say thanks.
  10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    After ~12+ hours working with a kb/m do you think i want to continue using it to game? no, my hands hurt.

Of course kb/m is more accurate, but gamepads are easy and casual, which means i can sit in a lounge chair and play skyrim on my pc with enb and mods on my hdtv. you simply can't tell me that sitting hunched over at my desk on a kb/m would be a better experience.