1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XClio 3060 Plus

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by t_ski, Jul 15, 2007.

1. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. rodneyhchef

Thanks Received:
    Just bought this case myself and it's awesome! It knocks about 10°C off my temps with the big fan on, I tend only to need it on hot days or when playing a game (I get around 50°C cpu and 40° chipset when off and 40°C cpu and 30°C chipset with it on. No other fans needed really with my setup, it's better than the old setup with the case side off and a deskfan blowing air in! :laugh:

I think the 6030 Plus is perhaps the better buy at only a few quid extra, the front panel isn't glossy which means it matches the standard black colour of most removable media drives. I bought this one in the end because black/silver colourscheme better matched my monitor and keyboard. :rolleyes: One thing I will say that's bad - if you have this computer in your bedroom and leave it on, the LEDs are very bright, certainly enough to keep you awake at night, especially the power button. I tend to put my chair in front of it to keep it hidden. The fan on indicator LED is also very bright which can dazzle and distract a bit if the case is on the desk top.

I think the 6030 comes with the tool free clips as standard as well. Makes me regret not getting it now!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  3. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. rodneyhchef

Thanks Received:
    They will look the same on the inside as the case itself is the same but with different front & side panels on it. As for the easy install clips I was just referring to the site I linked to (and bought from) looks like the easy install parts are included with the 6030, but obviously not included with the 3060. You could definately get them for free from my site as there is no "(optional)" in their description of it.

I personally Don't think it matters that much, I don't switch hard drives all the time so I don't really see it as a problem.

5. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    So how audible is the uber fan when in "high" mode???

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. rodneyhchef

Thanks Received:
    When the case fan is at max, it's not overly loud, certainly no louder than the average deskfan on speed one. It doesn't spin very fast though, even at max speed. Best ran at max speed all the time IMO, although I only tend to use it if its a hot/humid day or when running a 3d app.