1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX Announces Partnership with FATAL1TY

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, May 11, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    XFX, a worldwide presence in the manufacture of nVIDIA-based graphics cards, today announced a partnership with Auravision, Inc., the master licensor for Fatal1ty Brand Products. Under the agreement, Fatal1ty will collaborate with XFX on the design and technical specifications of a series of graphics cards with a special focus on the needs of competitive PC video gamers. Future products will be designed for maximum performance and stability.

“This is an outstanding opportunity for XFX and Fatal1ty to showcase their respective talents,” explains Eddie Memon, Vice President of XFX. “XFX is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of nVIDIA-based graphics cards and Fatal1ty is the recognized leader in competitive PC gaming. Getting indepth input from the world’s premier professional gamer allows XFX to truly make graphics cards for gamers by gamers.”

“A graphics card is critical for smooth play,” explains Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel, about his choice for a collaborative partner. “Since XFX is one of the few companies that manufactures its own cards, XFX can make what I want exactly the way I want it.”

Collaborative efforts between XFX and Fatal1ty will begin in mid-2006. Products designed under this partnership will be co-branded XFX and Fatal1ty.

Source: XFX
  2. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe they'll make some higher quality nVidia cards.
  3. Baum

Thanks Received:
    LOL I don't think that Fatal1ty is an Ingenieur working for the industry and helping them to "create" better products.:roll:
    He's more for marketing threre :nutkick: to get N00bs on the Product's

so it's no difference for me :wtf:
  4. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to be an engineer to have them develop a higher overclocking card, made from higher quality parts.

"Hey XFX, put some better mosfets on this bitch"
  5. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed. why hasnt there been cards with even faster rated ram made? hell 1.1ns memory isnt just for the top of the line u can put it on slower core cards...oh and why not use aftermarket coolers and voltage adjusters for better overclocking? these can easily be done by manufacturers they just dont want to...
  6. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly.
  7. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    What the f*ck does Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel know about graphics cards??? Could he design one??? Could he build one??? No he couldnt!!!. How sad is it that a top company like XFX has to use this guys name to sell its product :mad: I always thought that so called 'Pro' gamers turned of all the good graphical effects on their systems in favour of higher frame-rates.........so basically XFX will be making some barebone cards but with really high speeds and charge huge amounts of £$£$ :confused:
  8. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't design or build graphics cards either, but I guarantee I can name a few ideas to make them better. :rolleyes:
  9. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    No... they'll just put a nice shiny paint job on the pcb and call it Fatal1ty! Like they did with Zalman heatsinks... idiots...
  10. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    They put a faster spinning fan in the Zalman heatsinks. Read about it, especially before calling someone an idiot.
  11. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is Mr. Wendell even good at any more recent games? Seems to me he just sits back and lets all the manufactures come and beg to let them use his alias on their products. I don't blame him, although I think it's all kind of funny, he's one lucky dude.
  12. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah he is lucky.

Some people get lucky like that I guess.
  13. overcast New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Fatal1ty heatsink was all copper as well.
  14. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only difference between the Fatal1ty version of the Zalman heatsinks and the originals are faster spinning fans.
  15. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ooh dont forget red adinizing or however u spell it. and red leds..the zalman heatsinks...creative soundcards. whats next 3slot coolers and 15 heatpipes...wait dont forget the red leds...
  16. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    bigboi... i wasnt calling you an idiot. its just this whole fatal1ty craze is just like the chuck norris craze, it doesnt want to go away.