1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Yet another Crossfire question...sorry!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by adam9977, Jul 10, 2007.

1. adam9977 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK...here's the deal...I'm confused with something about crossfire. According to the chart located on ATI's website, (here: http://i10.tinypic.com/63h3j8m.jpg ), what kind of card do I need for crossfire? I have a Connect3d X1900GT (574/600), and from what I've read, I need a CF edition card...but according to the chart do I only need another X1900GT?

If just another X1900GT is needed, the brand doesn't matter, as long as the specifications match up...right?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered 100 times, but I couldn't find anything matching my question on a search.

Any other info for a Crossfire newbie would be appreciated. Also, I have an Asus M2R32-MVP mobo.
  2. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what i've read, i think your right all you need is an identical GPU to the one your using now to run crossfire, however if your going to run a 3rd GPU for pyhsics or whatever i think the GPU could be anything....but thats only basing to what i know, i going to be running crossfire soon too so i'm glad this question was brought up.
  3. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah you gotta make sure your mobo and GPU are crossfire ready...you probably already know that but thought i'd mention just in case
  4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Does your card have the internal bridge socket? if so then same card can be used ...if not you will need a crossfire edition...look in ur manual;)
  5. adam9977 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't have the internal bridge socket...so the only way for me to have a Crossfire setup is to find an X1900 CF card? Are they available anywhere, or are they still being produced? I had a very hard time locating one, and am leery about buying one if the technology has so quickly become obsolete.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007