1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zalman FS-v7 VGA Cooler On X850

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by TheShape, Jan 12, 2007.

1. TheShape New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought this fan a while back when I first modded my x850. Cools extremely well. For aestetics purposes, the fan has red LEDs. Well after about a month or two, I noticed the LEDs weren't as bright or working as much anymore. I took a shot and requested an rma on Zalmans website. Never got an emal, never got a phone call. To be honest I forgot about it. Until yesterday. In the mail was a replacement fan. Not the ENTIRE product, but the actual fan. No documentation on sending the other one back, just the replacement product. I am happy with that because it will illeviate my problem. You dont get to see the fan or the red heat sink blades much because of the ususal underneath orientation but if I pay $40.00 for a fan, I want every aspect of it to work. Here is the link. Just wanted to express my satisfaction to those who were interested in these products. Have a great weekend.:rockout:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118222
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I'd go with the cheaper VF-900. It's cheaper, is bigger, and comes with heatpipes. It's designed to handle the loads of an X1900XTX, and it's EXTREMELY quiet. A purchase I do not regret at all.
  3. lufrey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, if you want the same cool look, go for the Fatal1ty version of the VF-900, the FC-ZV9. I'm happy with my VF900 though.
  4. samorost New Member

Thanks Received:
    My VF-900 is incredible. I was getting 68-70C idling on stock cooling and fan set on Auto with my X1800XL. After about a week of testing, I monitored temps and am now getting 42-44C idling!!!

I find it extremely quiet, even with the fan set to full speed. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
  5. lufrey New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are quite well designed, and efficient due to the use of two heatpipes. I have Zalman coolers throughout my system, CPU, GPU and chipset as they generally do a great job.