• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ps3 Hacked(Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i wouldnt trust that.

streetfighter 2

I thought I'd take a moment to mention that some jailbroken iPhones can now be a PS Freedom (jailbreaking) device. Apparently it's with some rubbish about bootloading something android and something something, yadda yadda. Meh.

Also, it seems that all my friends have updated to 3.42 despite me warning them not to. Oh well . . .

What makes you say that m8?

What, you didn't notice? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-OUS9Y96I

I mean honestly, look at the size of that guys f***ing nails. Holy shit! :laugh: I dunno about you but I wouldn't trust a man with nails that long.

More seriously though I've seen several sites all claiming that the PS3Break works just fine. I would imagine it's just another AVR dev board in a convenient package. Easy Rhino is just a pessimist.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I thought I'd take a moment to mention that some jailbroken iPhones can now be a PS Freedom (jailbreaking) device. Apparently it's with some rubbish about bootloading something android and something something, yadda yadda. Meh.

Also, it seems that all my friends have updated to 3.42 despite me warning them not to. Oh well . . .

What, you didn't notice? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-OUS9Y96I

I mean honestly, look at the size of that guys f***ing nails. Holy shit! :laugh: I dunno about you but I wouldn't trust a man with nails that long.

More seriously though I've seen several sites all claiming that the PS3Break works just fine. I would imagine it's just another AVR dev board in a convenient package. Easy Rhino is just a pessimist.

LOL, I cant stand guys that let their nails grow long like that.....disgusting swines!!!!!! Funny thing is, they are always techy nerd guys and their nails are always filthy :roll:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Easy Rhino is just a pessimist.

it is true that i am a pessimist in this instance. for me, it is all about value. what value does a jailbroken ps3 bring to me? nothing. you cannot play the games online and you will never be able to update your firmware or get stuff from the playstation store. in reality, the jailbreak cripples the ps3 more than empowers it. very few games out there anyway, no real homebrew apps worth trying out and still no OtherOS or MKV support. so i won't trust any of these workarounds until it is actually worth it to do so.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
it is true that i am a pessimist in this instance. for me, it is all about value. what value does a jailbroken ps3 bring to me? nothing. you cannot play the games online and you will never be able to update your firmware or get stuff from the playstation store. in reality, the jailbreak cripples the ps3 more than empowers it. very few games out there anyway, no real homebrew apps worth trying out and still no OtherOS or MKV support. so i won't trust any of these workarounds until it is actually worth it to do so.

It wont be long before the hackers release 'hacked' updates for the console, so you wont need to go online to update. But yeah, PSN will still be crippled, but lets be honest, who cares, its rubbish. Actually, Im only saying that because I have a 360 for MP and LIVE is much better than PSN. My PS3 is onlt used for exclusive titles, BD's, MP3 and XvidHD :D

But if you use the PS3 for everything, I can see why you wouldnt want to lose PSN access.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
It wont be long before the hackers release 'hacked' updates for the console, so you wont need to go online to update. But yeah, PSN will still be crippled, but lets be honest, who cares, its rubbish. Actually, Im only saying that because I have a 360 for MP and LIVE is much better than PSN. My PS3 is onlt used for exclusive titles, BD's, MP3 and XvidHD :D

But if you use the PS3 for everything, I can see why you wouldnt want to lose PSN access.

true. but the whole idea of jailbreaking something is to open it up, not take away parts of it. some people think it is worth the sacrifice right now. i don't.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
true. but the whole idea of jailbreaking something is to open it up, not take away parts of it. some people think it is worth the sacrifice right now. i don't.

I get what your saying m8. Its a bit like saying, you can JailBreak the iPhone, but you wont be able to make calls on it afterwards isnt it lol

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Philips Evnia 49M2C8900
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I get what your saying m8. Its a bit like saying, you can JailBreak the iPhone, but you wont be able to make calls on it afterwards isnt it lol

they need to pull a PSP with modded firmware. my psp when it does an update points to a hacked server with the new version of the modded firmware instead of the official PS network.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
they need to pull a PSP with modded firmware. my psp when it does an update points to a hacked server with the new version of the modded firmware instead of the official PS network.

Yeah, its great how the hacked PSP does that :pimp: Its early days, but Im sure the eggheads will figure something out soon :D

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Yeah, its great how the hacked PSP does that :pimp: Its early days, but Im sure the eggheads will figure something out soon :D

one step at a time. even the 2000 started out with a madified loader. now their onto full custom FW

streetfighter 2

one step at a time. even the 2000 started out with a madified loader. now their onto full custom FW

Yep.

In the 'news' a few days ago it was mentioned that someone may be able to modify the PSGroove/PSFreedom code to change the mounting of dev_flash (the firmware chip if I remember correctly) to a USB drive. This would allow a safe way to both load and test custom firmwares. (source)

ktr

I wouldn't trust a CFW on my PS3, until someone finds out how to put the PS3 into debug mode, for brick recovery. :D

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
I wouldn't trust a CFW on my PS3, until someone finds out how to put the PS3 into debug mode, for brick recovery. :D

me too. i read up on the ps3's auth system a time or 2 and it seemed incredably complicated their are alot and i mean alot of internal checks that are run on the PS3 and alot of them are done in real time all the time.

streetfighter 2

That's also mentioned in the link I posted.

SKFU @ http://www.ps3news.com/forums/plays...-research-ps3-usb-custom-firmware-112555.html
The retail PS3's registry contains all values to unlock the settings which are possible on a test/debug PS3 and even more like QA mode. We can enable those via the registry, but we won't see any effect in the XMB.

That is because we just UNLOCKED it, but different files on dev_flash handle what we can actually SEE in the XMB. So we need to modify them also to fully use debug options on a retail and more.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4

Mine is already crippled anyway. I have no online, can't buy from the store, and can't play the newest games. Those of us on 3.15 already have those disadvantages, but now, at least I might get some good homebrew out of this.

I am patiently waiting to see what homebrew comes out of this. FTP is a nice first step to push >4GB files onto it, so the first hurdle for getting huge mkvs on there is already overcome.

I'm thinking that full cfw could possibly come out of this, that will allow us to have online, Other OS, and still have homebrew.

It's only a matter of time now before we get the good stuff.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Teensy++ 2.0 USB Atmel AT90USBKEY - Ordered :rockout: :D

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Teensy++ 2.0 USB Atmel AT90USBKEY - Ordered :rockout: :D

yeah i've been looking all morning at the options. canceled my order. you can also do this with an xbox360 jtag nand flasher! (usb)

i'm not ready to get banned just from screwing around yet...

I eventually want to get a used xbox & ps3 that I can backup all of my games on, onto HDDs so I can never have to use discs. i've got a big enough library of purchased games and it will continue to grow... I don't even care about downloading free ones, I just hate switching discs!!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
yeah i've been looking all morning at the options. canceled my order. you can also do this with an xbox360 jtag nand flasher! (usb)

i'm not ready to get banned just from screwing around yet...

I eventually want to get a used xbox & ps3 that I can backup all of my games on, onto HDDs so I can never have to use discs. i've got a big enough library of purchased games and it will continue to grow... I don't even care about downloading free ones, I just hate switching discs!!

Good idea m8 ;)

streetfighter 2

It Only Does Lawsuits.

I know I'm kinda getting my necrophile on but this is just too funny:

Sony subpoenowned everyone, sues everyone else.

I looked through a bunch of the exhibits and the only part of it I understood was that Sony doesn't know how to disable flash advertisements when they're printing out "evidence". They have several pages of completely unrelated advertisements. :laugh:

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I read someone saying PS JailBreaking is perfectly legal in America following the new ruling (which I forgot what that was). Is this true?

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I got my 'Teensy++ 2.0 USB Atmel AT90USBKEY' called the PS3AVR the other day. Guess what, its a fake :mad:

It seems that a lot of online retailers got duped and were sent nothing more than a Micro SD card reader with the card slot removed :(

Oh well, hopefully PayPal will refund my cash :D I have a real device on its way to me now ;)

I read someone saying PS JailBreaking is perfectly legal in America following the new ruling (which I forgot what that was). Is this true?

Personally, I would say that the device and Jailbreaking of the console is fine, but the backing up of original titles is the illegal part ;)

streetfighter 2

I have no idea. I'd love to see whatever new ruling you're referring too.

I think it's obvious from Sony's filings that they're playing the "circumvention device" card (which is related to the DMCA). I don't know if the PSGroove/PSFreedom/PSJailbreak code uses any copyrighted code but Sony could play that tune as well.

I think it would be safe to assume that Sony has enough money (and desire) to keep this tied up in litigation till Jesus comes back, dies again, then comes back once more, dies a third time, the universe ends and finally they repeal the patriot act.

Status
Not open for further replies.