• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI HD *AGP* card with HDMI audio problems? Read this!

System Name K
Processor AMD Athlon II X2 240 2800 Mhz @ 3800 Mhz
Motherboard Asus M4N78 Pro
Cooling Stock on cpu / 3x80mm in case
Memory 2.5 Gb DDR2-800 Kingston
Video Card(s) Nvidia 9800GT 512/256
Storage WD 80Gb-8Mb / WD 500Gb-16Mb SATA 2
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
Case SunBeamTech TRIO (black)
Audio Device(s) nVIDIA MCP78 8.1 Ch
Power Supply Power Line Dual Rail 530W
Software Win 7 Ultimate x86
Benchmark Scores Super PI 2M/26 sec.
wow some icons in my control panel has disappear :)) ill look right away

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
last errors are from today:
1 source:service control manager/event 7026 x5 errors
2 source: DCOM/event 10005 x4 error

artbio

So if there is nothing like this:

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 1. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

With any of the BIOS original or modified, than what I am doing can't help you. I am left with no options. I tried everything I could. I am sorry!

artbio

Your problem is somewhere else. Does your BIOS have an AGP Voltage option?

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
yes it has,i think is between 0.1--0.3 v

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
it's ok,im sorry too for your time taken with my crappy mobo
any way thank you verry verry much for your effort and your time accorded to me :)

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
here is some interesing thing,i modify agp voltage in bios from normal to max 0.3 and the ethernet controller was not working until i put it back :)

artbio

Thats odd. You might have some kind of PSU problem.
Flash the original BIOS and if you don't get any ACPI errors in Event Viewer with it, then keep it. I will delete all I did with your BIOS from my hard drive.

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
oky i will do that
thank you verry much for your time and help :)

jparthum

I am helping a friend with this same problem and you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge regarding it, and have put together a very extensive guide here. Thanks for all of your work. I am finding that guys like you are the sole link between a new OS and a less than new system for many, many people. I thank you for taking the time to share your information. I am hoping you could clarify a couple of things for me, and share a little more knowledge...

If you have an ATI HDXXXX Series of AGP graphics cards with an integrated High Definition Audio Controller, you probably noticed you can't get audio over HDMI and you receive an error in the System Event Viewer like this one:
In addition to that, I've seen where several people cannot boot properly. Do you know if this solution also helps with boot problems related to this hardware configuration?

This problems happens on old AGP boards and also on some older PCIe boards. Newer PCIe boards don't have this problem. AGP boards weren't designed for multiple devices on the AGP bus. But this problem has an easy fix. At least for BIOS that rely on ACPI for IRQ routing. For those that don't, you can assign IRQ on the BIOS menu or under the OS.
Does this mean if your BIOS does not support ACPI, you will only need to assign an IRQ and NOT perform the ACPI table edit, or assign an IRQ AND perform the ACPI edit?
If your BIOS does not support ACPI, would you be able to assign an IRQ through Windows?
Are you aware of any AGP boards that do not have this problem?

Certain ATI HDXXXX cards come with an integrated High Definition Audio Controller to provide audio over HDMI. They have an HDMI output. So you will get two devices on the AGP bus. "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 0" and "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 1". Since most BIOS don't provide IRQ Routing for more than "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 0" the graphics function, the HDA function won't get an IRQ and audio over HDMI won't work.

There is a definitive solution for this problem. You need to edit the ACPI table of your System Board's BIOS. Not the Graphics card one! I am going to give a brief explanation on how I achieved this. In the hopes that this information might help others to fix their system board's BIOS too.

I only have AWARD BIOS systems, but if you have others like AMI and you are familiar with replacing their BIOS modules you can easily adapt this method.

So for AWARD you need CBROM 32 bit. I find that version 1.80 works well. However version 1.40 extracts corrupt unusable ACPI tables from the BIOS. Do a search on the Internet for this tool.
You also need the Intel ASL Compiler, a Text Editor (Notepad will do) and an HEX Editor of your choice, for whatever BIOS AWARD, Phoenix or AMI you are using. You can get the Intel ASL Compiler here -> http://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary_tools.php Extract iasl.exe to a folder of your choice. This is going to be your working folder. Also place the CBROM tool and your Motherboard's BIOS on that folder.

1 -> Execute Windows Cmd command and on the command prompt enter your working folder. I guess you know how to do that.

2 -> Extract the ACPI table. On the command prompt execute:
Code:
cbrom biosfilename.bin /acpitbl extract
This will extract an ACPITBL.BIN file to your working folder. You might need to press Enter twice.

3 -> Extract the DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table) from ACPITBL.BIN. For this open ACPITBL.BIN file with an HEX Editor. Search for an ASCII signature labeled DSDT. Select all the bytes starting immediately before the D of the DSDT word to the end of the ACPITBL.BIN file. Now copy all these bytes to a new file on the HEX Editor and save this new file as DSDT.bin placed on your working folder.

4 -> Decompile the DSDT table. Execute on the command prompt:
Code:
iasl -d DSDT.bin
If you did everything right up until now you will get a file named DSDT.dsl on your chosen folder.

5 -> Edit the DSDT table. Open the file DSDT.dsl with your text editor and do a search for the AGP word. This is what you will probably find if you have an nForce 2 BIOS:
Code:
Device (AGPB)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)
				Name (ONBV, 0x00)
				Name (PICM, Package (0x01)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK5, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (APIC, Package (0x01)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC5, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (AGP0, Package (0x01)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK4, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (AGP1, Package (0x01)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC4, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					If (LNot (PICF))
					{
						If (LEqual (ONBV, 0x01))
						{
							Return (PICM)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (AGP0)
						}
					}
					Else
					{
						If (LEqual (ONBV, 0x01))
						{
							Return (APIC)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (AGP1)
						}
					}
				}

Device (VGAG)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				}
			}
You have to edit this section so that it looks like this:
Code:
Device (AGPB)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)
				Name (ONBV, 0x00)
				Name (PICM, Package (0x04)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x01, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x02, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x03, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK5, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (APIC, Package (0x04)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x01, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x02, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC5, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x03, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC5, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (AGP0, Package (0x04)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x01, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x02, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x03, 
						\_SB.PCI0.LNK4, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Name (AGP1, Package (0x04)
				{
					Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x00, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x01, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x02, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC4, 
						0x00
					},

Package (0x04)
					{
						0xFFFF, 
						0x03, 
						\_SB.PCI0.APC4, 
						0x00
					}
				})
				Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					If (LNot (PICF))
					{
						If (LEqual (ONBV, 0x01))
						{
							Return (PICM)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (AGP0)
						}
					}
					Else
					{
						If (LEqual (ONBV, 0x01))
						{
							Return (APIC)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (AGP1)
						}
					}
				}

Device (VGAG)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				}
			}
Your BIOS might have been written a lot differently from this. And in that case a deeper understanding is needed to do it the right way. If you are really interested read the ACPI specifications. You can find them here -> http://www.acpi.info/
I recommend you study the version of the ACPI spec of you system board's implementation. Just before you try this way, know you need to tell all the 4 possible devices under the AGP bus to get to the same IRQ.

6 -> Save the edited DSDT ASL (ACPI Source Language) file and compile it. Save the edited file as DSDTNEW.dsl and compile it by executing the command:
Code:
iasl -sa -oa DSDTNEW.dsl
This will generate a file named DSDT.aml

NOTE: If iasl refuses to compile due to errors you didn't introduce, try Microsoft ASL Compiler. Grab it from here -> http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/c...iler-v4-0-0.msi
In this case compile with:
Code:
asl DSDTNEW.dsl

7 -> Put the compiled DSDT table back into the ACPITBL.BIN file. Open the ACPITBL.BIN file with an hex editor again. Select the DSDT table like it was explained in point 3. Open the file DSDT.aml with the HEX Editor on a new window. Select all bytes from the DSDT.aml file and select Copy. Now go to the ACPITBL.BIN HEX Editor Window and Paste replacing the old DSDT table. Save the edited ACPITBL.BIN with the same name.

8 -> Replace the old ACPITBL.BIN module on the BIOS file with the new one. On the command prompt under your working folder execute:
Code:
cbrom biosfilename.bin /acpitbl release
This will release the old ACPITBL.BIN module from the BIOS.
To insert the new one execute:
Code:
cbrom biosfilename.bin /acpitbl ACPITBL.BIN

9 -> Flash the BIOS file obtained like you normally do. And pray!

NOTE: Make sure you can recover from a bad flash before trying this. In case anything goes wrong.

GOOD LUCK!

Here is a list of some BIOS files with this patch applied:

Abit AN7 -> AGP -> Tested
Click on "AQUI"

Asus A7N8X Deluxe PCB 2.00 -> AGP -> Tested
Asus A7N8X Deluxe PCB 1.04 and 1.06 -> AGP -> Untested

Thank you again for all of your help and knowledge.

System Board = Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro
Chipset = nForce3
Graphics = Radeon HD 3450
BIOS = Award
OS = Windows 7

artbio

jparthum said:
In addition to that, I've seen where several people cannot boot properly. Do you know if this solution also helps with boot problems related to this hardware configuration?

I am not sure. I guess it helps when the boot problem is IRQ conflict related.

jparthum said:
Does this mean if your BIOS does not support ACPI, you will only need to assign an IRQ and NOT perform the ACPI table edit, or assign an IRQ AND perform the ACPI edit?

When the BIOS does not support ACPI either you have the option to assign IRQ in the BIOS menu or under the operating system. If the BIOS does not support ACPI you don't even have an ACPI table to edit. When there is an option to disable ACPI in the BIOS and if you disable it, than again you can assign IRQ in the BIOS menu itself or under the OS.

jparthum said:
If your BIOS does not support ACPI, would you be able to assign an IRQ through Windows?

Question already answered.

jparthum said:
Are you aware of any AGP boards that do not have this problem?

By design no. The only ones I know are the ones I applied the above DSDT fix. Abit AN7 and Asus A7N8X Deluxe. However I guess this fix could be applied with success to any nForce2 AGP board with an Award BIOS. All the others I tried are PCIe and this fix failed. If an nForce3 DSDT is identical this could work too. I warn there is always a risk when you mess with your BIOS. You risk killing your board.

jparthum

I am not sure. I guess it helps when the boot problem is IRQ conflict related.

When the BIOS does not support ACPI either you have the option to assign IRQ in the BIOS menu or under the operating system. If the BIOS does not support ACPI you don't even have an ACPI table to edit. When there is an option to disable ACPI in the BIOS and if you disable it, than again you can assign IRQ in the BIOS menu itself or under the OS.

Question already answered.

By design no. The only ones I know are the ones I applied the above DSDT fix. Abit AN7 and Asus A7N8X Deluxe. However I guess this fix could be applied with success to any nForce2 AGP board with an Award BIOS. All the others I tried are PCIe and this fix failed. If an nForce3 DSDT is identical this could work too. I warn there is always a risk when you mess with your BIOS. You risk killing your board.

Thanks for the info. If I'm understanding all of this correctly, What I am concluding, is that all ATI HDXXXX Series of AGP graphics cards with an integrated High Definition Audio Controller would need either this ACPI fix or the IRQs manually configured in order to function properly. Which fix is needed, depends on whether the BIOS is ACPI compliant or not.

Thie leads me to a couple of follow-up questions:

A system I am working on has no mention of ACPI in the BIOS, and provides options to manually configure IRQs in the PnP menu. However in Device Manager, there is a listing for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" under the System Devices section, as well as numerous listings under IRQs when in "Resources by connection" view. Also, the "Use automatic settings" check box is checked and greyed out under the various Resources tabs (in Windows 7). Do you know of a definitive (and hopefully simple :confused:) method to determine if a BIOS is ACPI compliant or not, so it can be determined which fix to use?

If the IRQs need to be manually set in the BIOS, is the goal to get both audio and video controllers from the graphics adaptor onto the same IRQ?

If the BIOS is ACPI compliant, but also offers an option to manually set IRQs, would changing Windows HAL to "Standard PC", then manually setting IRQs also be a feasible option?

Do you think this problem exists because the HDMI feature (including a High Definition Audio Controller) was kept in a reverse-engineered video chipset that was originally designed for the newer PCIe architecture?

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I think this thread is going to help a LOT of people. :respect:

artbio

jparthum said:
Thanks for the info. If I'm understanding all of this correctly, What I am concluding, is that all ATI HDXXXX Series of AGP graphics cards with an integrated High Definition Audio Controller would need either this ACPI fix or the IRQs manually configured in order to function properly. Which fix is needed, depends on whether the BIOS is ACPI compliant or not.

Correct.

jparthum said:
A system I am working on has no mention of ACPI in the BIOS, and provides options to manually configure IRQs in the PnP menu. However in Device Manager, there is a listing for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" under the System Devices section, as well as numerous listings under IRQs when in "Resources by connection" view. Also, the "Use automatic settings" check box is checked and greyed out under the various Resources tabs (in Windows 7). Do you know of a definitive (and hopefully simple ) method to determine if a BIOS is ACPI compliant or not, so it can be determined which fix to use?

Your system is ACPI enabled by default. You don't have an option to disable it. Most modern computers behave like this.

jparthum said:
If the BIOS is ACPI compliant, but also offers an option to manually set IRQs, would changing Windows HAL to "Standard PC", then manually setting IRQs also be a feasible option?

With most modern systems manually setting IRQs doesn't work. Because Windows uses ACPI to reassign them. If I recall correctly manually setting the HAL under Windows doesn't work. You need to set the HAL during Windows setup. This depends on the version of Windows. I can't tell you exactly how to do it. If you select other HAL then maybe manually setting IRQs will work. I can't confirm this.

jparthum said:
Do you think this problem exists because the HDMI feature (including a High Definition Audio Controller) was kept in a reverse-engineered video chipset that was originally designed for the newer PCIe architecture?

No that is not correct. The problem is that older AGP systems even earlier PCIe systems weren't designed to have multiple IRQs under the same AGP or PCIe bus. This can be fixed in the DSDT of the BIOS. The problem is that these systems are older and out of warranty. So most manufacturers don't bother fixing this. They want to sell you their latest products.

jparthum said:
Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I think this thread is going to help a LOT of people.

I do what I can. I also like to find solutions to my problems on forums. Solutions that other people work to provide.

System Name K
Display(s) Benq G922HDAL
hi,can someone explain me what this is? i have WIN7 and after AH3450 driver installation i get this...
Consider BIOS upgrade
Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.
During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

thanks

artbio

@ Coldblackice
I don't know exactly how that trick will turn out. I never had to try it. However Microsoft suggests it's possible with it's own ASL compiler.

Microsoft ACPI Source Language Compiler
Using the Microsoft ASL Compiler's ACPI Table Load Utility
During system development, it is often useful to have a method of simulating various ACPI BIOS constructs and testing these on the development system. Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista operating systems running checked versions of the ACPI driver allow for loading certain ACPI tables from the Windows registry instead of loading the table from the system's BIOS ROM.

To use this feature, the ACPI table to be overloaded must meet the following requirements:

The table to be overloaded must already be present in the system's BIOS ROM. For instance, the DSDT can be overloaded; however, if the machine does not have an SSDT, you cannot force an SSDT to be loaded from this registry override mechanism.
The table must contain AML code that is normally consumed by the Windows ACPI interpreter (the acpi.sys driver).
The table with the highest version number will be loaded. The table loaded into the registry for testing must have a higher version number than the same table in the BIOS ROM.
The table to be loaded must be in compiled (AML) format and loaded into the registry in the correct location, with the correct parameters specified. The mechanism described herein is designed to handle all aspects of loading the table and configuring the registry.
The checked version of the ACPI driver acpi.sys must be running on the system.
To facilitate this process, the v3.0.0 version of the Microsoft ACPI compiler may be used to load compiled tables in binary form into the registry.

WARNING: The process described in this document may leave your Windows system in a non-bootable state. Ensure that you have access to another operating system with NTFS file system support (e.g., a "safe build") on the same machine before attempting the procedures outlined herein. This process is provided for system developers and tester only, and should NOT be used on any machine vital for development or production purposes.

Usage:

To load an ACPI table into the registry for test purposes, the ASL compiler is invoked as follows:

asl.exe /loadtable [-v] [-d] <AMLFile>

Where:

AMLFile is the name of the compiled AML file containing the table you wish to load into the registry.

-v Verbose Mode: Turns on extra debugging output from the utility.

-d Removes a previously loaded AML file from the registry, and delete all associated registry keys.

See Also
Command Line Options

Resources

Built on Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Good luck.

Hey Artbio,

I was able to get the DSDT table from the registry and into the right format. However, when I search through it, I can't find any "AGP"!

Arg... Is there anything I can do from here? Could the AGP be called something else?

If not, would you mind just helping me out for a minute? I'll pay you $20 through Paypal if you could spare me some time to get this video card and HDMI audio working at the same time.

I've uploaded my ASL files here if you can look at them: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJ97R7E5

I really want my DELL dimension 4550 to work, but when it didn't find any AGP, I tried another computer. No AGP there either. Maybe it's because I'm getting this DSDT table from the registry?? I don't know.

If you could give me any suggestions, or even how to add the AGP info to the ASL like you did for that other guy, I'd really appreciate it.

I've put so much time already into working on and reading about this, I just want to see some success!

thanks

PS -- running Windows 7 32bit. The AGP controller is on PCI bus 0, device 1, function 0

Thank you very much for your very detailed description of how to modify the BIOS to make it support the ATI HDMI Audio device, I have modded my nForce2 based Epox 8RDA3+ BIOS with your instructions...
However after this I still do not get the "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" in device manager or even any unknown devices (also no warnings are shown in device manager related to IRQ problems)

I've got a Gecube 2400Pro 512MB AGP card and I bought the ATI 2xxx series DVI > HDMI dongle that supports audio for it
So what I want to try is flashing my card with the BIOS of another 2400 Pro AGP card that has known working audio over HDMI support, this is where you come in :)
So if you have such a card and would be willing to e-mail me it's BIOS I'd be eternally grateful :) (just contact me via PM)

Here is how Atiflash sees my card in DOS;
Code:
adapter bn dn dID       asic           flash      romsize test    bios p/n    
======= == == ==== =============== ============== ======= ==== ===============
   0    02 00 94C4 Rialto          M25P05/C         10000 pass 113-AB19101-100
   1    02 00 94C4 RV610/M74       PM25LV512        10000 pass 113-AB19101-100
Code:
Adapter  0    (BN=02, DN=00, PCIID=94C41002, SSID=002818BC)
    Asic Family        :  Rialto         
    Flash Type         :  M25P05/C    (64 KB)
    Product Name       :  RX24PGA2-E3 I1H 

Bios Config File   :  AK204GCE.bin   
    Bios P/N           :  113-AB19101-100
    Bios Version       :  010.059.000.003.000000
    Bios Date          :  09/20/07 22:47 

Adapter  1    (BN=02, DN=00, PCIID=94C41002, SSID=002818BC)
    Asic Family        :  RV610/M74      
    Flash Type         :  PM25LV512   (64 KB)
    Product Name       :  RX24PGA2-E3 I1H 

Bios Config File   :  AK204GCE.bin   
    Bios P/N           :  113-AB19101-100
    Bios Version       :  010.059.000.003.000000
    Bios Date          :  09/20/07 22:47

cx1836

hi Artbio,

I have an HD3450 on order and wait to see how it performs under win7, whether I'll need to mod the bios or not. On a related matter I have an A7N8X-E Deluxe and I am unable to get it to run Win7 or Vista with more than 2g of memory. nvidia stopped supporting the nforce2 past xp and microsoft made their own drivers so that's what you have to use in vista and 7. Do you have any experience of getting it to run with more than 2g of memory? I confess I haven't tried XP as I'm running 7 at the moment.

I have 3 sticks of 1g 128X64 memory, 2 kingston & 1 Crucial. Any mix of the kingston & Crucial as 2gb will run as will the 2 kingston. If I put all three in any combination the pc will boot but windows crashes and reboots at the windows logo, I haven't had time to try a linux install yet.

I'm wondering if the microsoft drivers have limitations, I used to run three 512mb in the board and that was ok.

Thoughts gratefully received.

cx1836.

p0wder_m0nkey

Hey, just bought an HD3450 and am running into the exact problems mentioned here. My mobo is an asus a7n266-VM.

http://support.asus.com/download/do...s&product=1&model=A7N266-VM&type=map&f_type=3)

I tried downloading the bios files in an attempt to edit them myself, but the newest one isn't a .BIN it ends in .001 the older bios files end in .AWD and were no help either.

I was tempted to try flashing it with the bios for the A7N8X Deluxe as they are very similar boards, but I'm pretty sure that would end in disaster.

Anyone feel like offering any help? I'm tearing my hair out here :(

OsvalDooM

HI! i'm new around here and i'd like to ask ARTBIO a favor :)
Can you please make for me all this things with acpitbl.bin... that you tould us above,i tried to do it,but i even cannot extract acpitbl.bin...that noob i am :shadedshu.
i have a ASUS AH3450 512\64 and i can't install drivers because it remain stuck after windows logon screen (black screen).i've tried everything,all possible drivers,all windows 32bit versions,change irq's from bios,same result (xp-black screen/vista+win7-blue screen of death)

please if you want to help me here are my pc specs. :toast:

bios ver: 8i848pg_f5

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=1769

MB : Gigabyte GA-8i848P-G
CPU :Intel P4 2.4ghz oc.to 3.6ghz (prescott)
DDR :2X1 Gb Kingstone
GPU :AGP 8X AH 3450
NB :Intel Breeds Hill i848P
SB :Intel 82801EB ICH5
DVD:ASUS DRW-2014S1T
HDD:WD 80Gb-8Mb WD 500Gb-16Mb
PSU:powre Line 530W Dual Rail (12v1-22A 12v2-20A)

thanks in advance yahoo mess: kyky_hiphop
mail: kyky_hiphop@yahoo.com
sorry for my english,i'm from Romania

I've seen this happening whe the CPU disconnect function is toogled on in the bios
try to disable it

notoriuss

great job!follow your guide I edited abit nf7-s v.2 bios...acpi table is just a little bit different from your but...the theory is the same....now my new "ati high definition audio device" works fine and "IRQARB..." error magically disappear...
COOOOLLLLL!!!

eshauber

Will your updated bios for the Asus A7N8X Deluxe work for the A7N8X-X? If not where can I find a modified BIOS for my board. I am not comfortable to do the modification myself, as I have never done such before and do not trust my skills. Thank you.

scapin75

Hello,

Thank you artbio for this post. I followed step by step and all is OK. Not conflict IRQ, UAA is OK, peripheral recognized by XP. But it n' is not possible to select ATI HD Audio.

Configuration:
Asu A7N8X-E Deluxe - NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
graphics card : ASUS AH3650 SILENTHTDI512M - AGP
XP SP3

But I cannot select AMD High Defintion Audio Device

Perhaps have the same problem? thank you for your assistance