• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Graphics Card Manufacturing Being Moved From China in Bid to Escape Import Tariffs - Price to Increase 5-10%

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
China buy Australia resources, whit worthless money then they seek place to live in Australia while in same time not making new tech (good or bad) who destroys humanity.

D

Deleted member 158293

A larger tax base and economy of scale are both things that will help control prices, and increase the standard of living so maybe Detroit wouldn't look like a shithole, and the poor there would benefit.

Or you could replace Detroit with many communities hit hard by manufacturing outsourcing, plus we have the EPA to help ensure the environment they care little for in other countries is not damaged by then use of cheaper chemicals, no recapture or other controls in place to prevent ecological disaster.

But I suppose to some it is wrong to want your own country to succeed in buying products they make for themselves.

I would want nothing else, but that little bit I wrote about the USD value which cannot go down due to being used as reserve currency in many countries assures manufacturing can't come back unless it's artificially subsidized.

... and by doing so sky rocket inflation, which would LOWER the standards of living for everyone.

Processor AMD 1700X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Memory F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 960 Pro
Display(s) PG279Q
Case HAF X
Power Supply Silencer MK III 850
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Trump continues to do his bit to help the American public by making them pay more for their goods, or put another way, making them a little poorer. :)
Correct. The bill from foolish policies like this are always passed to the consumer.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Actually, I disagree. You would have to retrain staff, unless the division was already processing that hardware. For the ones you mention, like Gigabyte, who make motherboards in TW, but not video cards, it might be slightly easier to relocate personnel, but you'd still have to retool equipment, meaning an increase in cost, meaning an increase in price to the end-users.

Retool what exactly? Some test equipment? Sure, but the production lines are the same. In fact, most of the production lines in Taiwan are more than capable of making graphics cards. It's not rocket science, it's engineering and manufacturing.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
Retool what exactly? Some test equipment? Sure, but the production lines are the same. In fact, most of the production lines in Taiwan are more than capable of making graphics cards. It's not rocket science, it's engineering and manufacturing.
The building right behind me, as I type, is more than capable.

How is there going to be a price increase if they are moving away from China?

Because it's rather difficult to get a new factory up and running overnight. And few countries have labor costs as low as mainland Chine ... which is exactly why US corporate execs have set up all the factories there.

Yeah, but it said if they moved to Mexico or Taiwan there wouldn't be any price increases. The price increases right now are because of tariffs imposed by China right?

The US president imposed a 30% US tariff on many goods coming out of mainland China. Strong opposition immediately surfaced about destroying the holiday season economic boon (most XMas holiday shopping centers on gaming consoles, phones, PC components, electronics, TVs, etc) and the potential kickback on the November elections. So the tariffs were dropped to 10% ... after the holidays, they go back to 30 %.

Tariffs have historically been used when a government funnels in money to an industry to gain market share. The Japanese steel industry was, for a time heavily subsidized and the US responded with tariffs and Buy American legislation. It was effective because those products could be made here and unions took major salary scale hits to offset much of the difference also. The US does the same in the dairy industry; American farmers can not compete with Canadian farmers so the US government pays US farmers so that they sell milk to Canadian buyers for less than they sell to American buyers ... .which is necessary to match what Canadian farmers charge.

In this case it's all bluster however as US companies have their factories in mainland China on other low labor cost countries. You can't sell a smartphone or a video card at the same price here when you have to pay a living wage. So when Dell buys a laptop from an ODM in Taiwan who has it's production facilities in mainland china ..... it hits everybody in the chain. To remain competitive, it will be the American worker who loses their jobs and more and more operations will be moved overseas. So while the tariffs "plays on TV" for some ... the net impact for US employment is negative. American executives benefit greatly .... American worker does not as has already been seen as reports have already come in of rising unemployment in tech sector.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
PlayStation 5 will be such a hit.. :)

depending on prices I might actually go this route in 2020. i have my eye on a ps4 pro now actually, just waiting for black friday when they go on sale for $299 shipped no tax. :)

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Trump continues to do his bit to help the American public by making them pay more for their goods, or put another way, making them a little poorer. :)

not at all true.
this is the reason why he did it>>>> In 2017, the United States had a trade deficit of 566.03 billion U.S. dollars.

these Tariffs will help counter deficit the USA faces, nothing will or can stop this deficit war that is going on except the removal of the deficit, it is understandable that in the process some things will be a bit harder or maybe even in some area's a bit more costly but the end result is going to be the removal of this deficit whether or not anyone likes it or is happy about it. So far it is working for the US and frankly it's about damn time!

Low quality post by Assimilator
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I wonder who will end up making more money from this, or who benefits from it, and who will pay more out of their pockets....

Donald Trump benefits, of course, because American idiots who think that the future is dead-end manufacturing jobs will keep voting for him.

Processor AMD 5900X
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax
Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive 2
Memory GSkill Trident Z F4-4266C17D-32GTZRB
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3800FE (Byski WB)
Storage WD Black SN750 NVME
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case NCASE M1 (1st edition)
Power Supply Corsair SM600
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux
I hate politics.

I also want a cheaper 2080ti with freesync.

Just living in my own world over here...

I don't follow politics, so I really don't know the details behind this. But all I see is two men arguing and then regular, everyday folk having to pay the price for it.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
As always the "big bad" corporations & their political lackeys :rolleyes:Wait what, the jobs aren't coming back to the US in case you missed it :wtf:
Not yet, and our neighbors to the South if presented with more jobs will have a higher quality of life and stop more illegal immigration and less brain drian through legal immigration as well.

I would want nothing else, but that little bit I wrote about the USD value which cannot go down due to being used as reserve currency in many countries assures manufacturing can't come back unless it's artificially subsidized.

... and by doing so sky rocket inflation, which would LOWER the standards of living for everyone.

Not much different than the coroporate welfare subsided workers at Walmart or other companies, no higher wage jobs than that available means I pay taxes to Walmart, just through the hands of their employees by the form of welfare.

I would rather subsidise high value workers than low value. They will already expect more and generate more local revenue and jobs.

I don't follow politics, so I really don't know the details behind this. But all I see is two men arguing and then regular, everyday folk having to pay the price for it.

it comes down to if you live in the US and you paid $10 more for something so that US worker can make it as opposed to the dollars leaving for another country that does not help the us at all you're getting a net benefit that helps everyone in the neighborhood that they live in. Schools will end up getting more money because people can afford nicer houses and that raises tax income neighborhoods and businesses will grow and develop there because people will want more things meaning a general increase in the standard of living for all involved.

This is the same reason I don't like to shop at Walmart and instead choose Costco or other local Grocers to buy things at, they contribute to a higher standard of living for everyone in the community that I live in opposed to paying Walmart or another large corporation that then uses shell companies to wash out their dollars so they pay no tax and instead benefit from under paying their workers so that they have to survive off welfare that then gets paid back to Walmart when they buy their food and other items there.

Last edited:

odysseus_ulysses

China buy Australia resources, whit worthless money then they seek place to live in Australia while in same time not making new tech (good or bad) who destroys humanity.

I'm not sure where this comment comes from. The Australian economy relies on this 'worthless' money. When China is doing well Australia booms and when there is a downturn in the Chinese economy our economy crashes. Just look at the experience of WA. During the Chinese boom truck drivers were buying $15 dollar beers at all the nicest waterfront pubs and upgrading their cars and boats like crazy.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 6600 8 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
not at all true.
this is the reason why he did it>>>> In 2017, the United States had a trade deficit of 566.03 billion U.S. dollars.

these Tariffs will help counter deficit the USA faces, nothing will or can stop this deficit war that is going on except the removal of the deficit, it is understandable that in the process some things will be a bit harder or maybe even in some area's a bit more costly but the end result is going to be the removal of this deficit whether or not anyone likes it or is happy about it. So far it is working for the US and frankly it's about damn time!

Hate to break it for you but it's soooooo not working. That trade deficit is just a bit more then "pocket money", compared to US debt.

How long until interest alone is unsustainable? @ the current rate, it won't be that long.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Hate to break it for you but it's soooooo not working. That trade deficit is just a bit more then "pocket money", compared to US debt.

How long until interest alone is unsustainable? @ the current rate, it won't be that long.
well dang it I guess that's a good reason to give up an additional 566.03 billion U.S. dollars a year because that will help...jeapers.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
A larger tax base and economy of scale are both things that will help control prices, and increase the standard of living so maybe Detroit wouldn't look like a shithole, and the poor there would benefit.

Or you could replace Detroit with many communities hit hard by manufacturing outsourcing, plus we have the EPA to help ensure the environment they care little for in other countries is not damaged by then use of cheaper chemicals, no recapture or other controls in place to prevent ecological disaster.

But I suppose to some it is wrong to want your own country to succeed in buying products they make for themselves.

Manufacturing outsourcing wasn't the real source of Detroit's problems, it was the racism. Still is and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Rich white people don't care what poor communities of color look like or struggle with. The corporate outsourcing and corporate greed were just the resulting death blows, as was the case for several other Michigan cities.

System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Haha, suck it, China. There are plenty of other countries that can manufacture electronics and I'm glad the US is playing some hard ball with China. I'm all for free trade, but it works both ways. Hopefully China will see they need the US more than we need them and we can both stop this nonsense and play nice with one another.

Manufacturing outsourcing wasn't the real source of Detroit's problems, it was the racism. Still is and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Rich white people don't care what poor communities of color look like or struggle with. The corporate outsourcing and corporate greed were just the resulting death blows, as was the case for several other Michigan cities.

Wow, somebody liked the Detroit movie. Can you quantify the effects of racism of the economy of Michigan? As in racism cost x percent of unemployment?

well dang it I guess that's a good reason to give up an additional 566.03 billion U.S. dollars a year because that will help...jeapers.
What you don't want to understand/acknowledge is that a lot of that is US tech & US money? How do you suppose Intel/QC/Apple report their earnings or make record $ profits ~ by not making their stuff in China? They'll just make (or assemble) their products in Vietnam, Thailand or Taiwan. So instead of half a trillion dollars worth of trade deficit with China you'll have over $600 billion trade deficit spread over 4 or 5 nations, assuming there isn't a sharp decline in demand for these products.

What you also don't wanna see is that the middle/lower income families become poorer & the greedy corporations continue with their merry way, with this move. If you really want more $ in the hands of the people then tax these megacorps more, not hand them one time tax breaks worth trillions of $ :shadedshu:

I'm all for putting an end to this Chinese experiment, they've gathered far too much power & money that frankly IMO they don't deserve, however the way you're going about it seems counterproductive atm. The people in the US won't get richer if the $ keeps getting accumulated at the top, there is no trickle down Reaganomics.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2Ă—BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Actually you are 100% wrong. Comeback when you write factual stuff and not garbage

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

hey now dont pick on Detroit! :D

If you really want more $ in the hands of the people then tax these megacorps more, not hand them one time tax breaks worth trillions of $ :shadedshu:
they did that, 35% cost the US billions of tax dollars and tons of jobs, so no, you are wrong here, thats not the answer.

The rest I can agree with.

Fairness depends on which side of the fence you stand...
ya and Fairness also depends who you trade with.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
they did that, 35% cost the US billions of tax dollars and tons of jobs, so no, you are wrong here, thats not the answer.

Makes sense. Corporations already do a lot of outsourcing because it's cheaper... so if you just tax them more, they'll find ways to avoid that, too.

hey now dont pick on Detroit! :D

The rest I can agree with.

ya and Fairness also depends who you trade with.
The effective tax rate is much lower I believe, for instance Apple had $252 billion in cash stashed away. They paid about $15 billion in taxes just recently to the EU, or Ireland to be precise. On the other hand how much have they paid to the US taxman? The 35% tax rate may been been a deterrent but that isn't the reason why they went offshore ~ greed (more profits) is the most obvious one with lax regulations (overseas) a close second.

With the one time tax break, how much of it was reinvested back in the US vs the amount spent on share buyback or dividends?

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
I'm not sure where this comment comes from. The Australian economy relies on this 'worthless' money. When China is doing well Australia booms and when there is a downturn in the Chinese economy our economy crashes. Just look at the experience of WA. During the Chinese boom truck drivers were buying $15 dollar beers at all the nicest waterfront pubs and upgrading their cars and boats like crazy.
i just watching lots of news about money and corruption in the world now.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
People who really think Trump's little trade war will have a positive net effect on the living standards in the US, have not been paying attention a whole lot the past few decades. Detroit is named as an example of how great US manufacturing can be... or in fact how it isn't and will never actually be sustainable? That reality doesn't change with some trade tariffs. As for quality of work... Detroit again: US cars really aren't and weren't feats of engineering or very good quality whatsoever. Another part of the reason that whole economy collapsed. At best, US workers do the same work, but they've never really done anything better or shown to excel at manufacturing. Let alone efficient manufacturing.

US minimum wage has not been going up all that much *despite* economical growth, and there are barely any mechanisms in place to funnel the additional income to the working class (or low / mid income groups) anyway. All that profit goes right back into the pockets of the same establishment Trump states he is so much against... but is in fact a part of.

In the land of the blind... Trump voters seem to be oblivious to the fact that power corrupts and that the immense inequality in wealth and the complete lack of good social security will always preserve the status quo and are completely counterproductive to any kind of policy that brings more money to the country. Additional income only serves to preserve a failing economy and the US needs it because debt is soaring. There is simply no other place for all that cash to go other than into the pockets of the wealthy. The entire tax system is geared to it, and ironically, Trump is just another president that seeks to continue a long history of deregulation and tax cuts that benefit the top incomes. And when it comes to spending of the government itself, the US public seems content that a massive percentage goes straight into warfare and Defense budgets rather than domestic living standards. Gotta keep them guns blazin'

So much for not being a typical politician and being anti-establishment. Apparently a few silly Twitter messages don't really do the trick after all, but hey, they're nice soundbites and good TV. I remember the Roman Emperor's advisors line in the movie Gladiator: 'You will give them death, and they will love you for it'. 2000 years later and the masses still fall for it. Amazing.

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
The effective tax rate is much lower I believe, for instance Apple had $252 billion in cash stashed away. They paid about $15 billion in taxes just recently to the EU, or Ireland to be precise. On the other hand how much have they paid to the US taxman? The 35% tax rate may been been a deterrent but that isn't the reason why they went offshore ~ greed (more profits) is the most obvious one with lax regulations (overseas) a close second.

With the one time tax break, how much of it was reinvested back in the US vs the amount spent on share buyback or dividends?
I think the corporate tax rate is 20% or in the twenties now