• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
For all my Ryzen boards, I've grabbed Xx70 models from Asus the Crosshair Hero line. I went overkill simply because of the power design, cooling and so on. I didn't see the point in skimping out on things (especially when we are pushing them 24/7 under full load, I need stability!! :)) but then the price I paid for the two X370 boards was half of retail and the boards where second hand, around £130. I bought the Crosshair 7 and 8 brand new to go with my 2700X and 3900X.

The Taichi models from Asrock at the moment over here are £200 and £240... I'm quite tempted to go for the Ultimate model for £240 for the 10Gb network alone.. The 2700 I have spare at the moment I'd happily use in that and then possibly use it as a server or something.. So many options :D

But I'd personally go up the models rather than get something mediocre...

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Salutations all!. It's been a while to be sure, but I'm hoping to get back into things in the coming weeks. Still rocking the old 1600x, which I just fired back up, but I'm planning a few hardware changes in the near future. Had no idea that there's now a COVID project, but that's cool to see.

@phill great to see you rocking as Team Captain, leader, and mod!

Bro!!!!!!! Good to see you man. Glad things have brought you back once again!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Bro!!!!!!! Good to see you man. Glad things have brought you back once again!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great to see and hear from you too! Hope you've been doing well over the past couple of years.

For all my Ryzen boards, I've grabbed Xx70 models from Asus the Crosshair Hero line. I went overkill simply because of the power design, cooling and so on. I didn't see the point in skimping out on things (especially when we are pushing them 24/7 under full load, I need stability!! :)) but then the price I paid for the two X370 boards was half of retail and the boards where second hand, around £130. I bought the Crosshair 7 and 8 brand new to go with my 2700X and 3900X.

The Taichi models from Asrock at the moment over here are £200 and £240... I'm quite tempted to go for the Ultimate model for £240 for the 10Gb network alone.. The 2700 I have spare at the moment I'd happily use in that and then possibly use it as a server or something.. So many options :D

But I'd personally go up the models rather than get something mediocre...

I understand what you're saying about the motherboard selection. I wouldn't mind a second hand board if I could find one.

The X570 Taichi is crazy money and hard to find. I'm looking at the Asus X570 Pro, but that just shot up on Newegg's site by $50. Still available on Amazon for $260, and it looks like a pretty good board with decent reviews.

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
that just shot up on Newegg's site by $50.
If you want to understand what's going on with hardware prices, let me toot my own horn...:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
If you want to understand what's going on with hardware prices, let me toot my own horn...:

Thanks for sharing, interesting video. All makes sense but I don't have to like it :laugh:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I understand what you're saying about the motherboard selection. I wouldn't mind a second hand board if I could find one.

The X570 Taichi is crazy money and hard to find. I'm looking at the Asus X570 Pro, but that just shot up on Newegg's site by $50. Still available on Amazon for $260, and it looks like a pretty good board with decent reviews.
I know it's mental spending over the odds for somethings and sometimes, but I look at the quality of the build and the cost for some of the components going into a system, I figure, if I'm putting a decent amount into a motherboard then it sure had better fricking work right :D :laugh:

I was kind of lucky with my Crosshair 7 and 8, I think I paid about £220 ish for the 7 (non Wi-Fi) and then the 8 was about the £310 mark.. Gotta love discount cards :D :D If I can find the Wi-Fi versions at a decent price I might consider them, but I think the Asrock Taichi models are as good as the Crosshair boards. I believe their Ultimate model does carry the 10Gb network and to be honest, that's a good amount of cash on its own.. Well, whenever you get 10Gb network at home it is anyways :D

I can't stand that guy but one reason why I'm not trying to buy hardware at the moment, even though I'd really like to!! :( :(

Last edited:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I know it's mental spending over the odds for somethings and sometimes, but I look at the quality of the build and the cost for some of the components going into a system, I figure, if I'm putting a decent amount into a motherboard then it sure had better fricking work right :D :laugh:

I was kind of lucky with my Crosshair 7 and 8, I think I paid about £220 ish for the 7 (non Wi-Fi) and then the 8 was about the £310 mark.. Gotta love discount cards :D :D If I can find the Wi-Fi versions at a decent price I might consider them, but I think the Asrock Taichi models are as good as the Crosshair boards. I believe their Ultimate model does carry the 10Gb network and to be honest, that's a good amount of cash on its own.. Well, whenever you get 10Gb network at home it is anyways :D

Your sweet talking, hardware toting verses prompted me to get a decent board after all, not the budget one. Last night I ordered a new motherboard, so now I just need to wait for the rest of the stuff to arrive to build the new setup. Now I can keep the current pc and maybe pass it to the wife.

And of course immediately after I ordered mobo, I saw that the X570 Taichi was back in stock on Newegg and at a much cheaper price than before ($300 vs $450+). Similar to how the CPU I ordered went on sale by $35 2 days after I ordered. Oh well, what's done is done.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Your sweet talking, hardware toting verses prompted me to get a decent board after all, not the budget one. Last night I ordered a new motherboard, so now I just need to wait for the rest of the stuff to arrive to build the new setup. Now I can keep the current pc and maybe pass it to the wife.

And of course immediately after I ordered mobo, I saw that the X570 Taichi was back in stock on Newegg and at a much cheaper price than before ($300 vs $450+). Similar to how the CPU I ordered went on sale by $35 2 days after I ordered. Oh well, what's done is done.
Cancel the order and grab what you wish to have!! :D If they haven't shipped it yet, I don't think there's an issue there is there??

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cancel the order and grab what you wish to have!! :D If they haven't shipped it yet, I don't think there's an issue there is there??

Not sure if it had shipped out, but I did get the tracking info via email so it was packaged and ready to go. It's alright, I'm looking forward to the change. Hopefully the ASUS board will prove to be stable and not finicky.

Even my current x370 Taichi has a few quirks that bug me a little, just not enough to do much about :laugh:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Not sure if it had shipped out, but I did get the tracking info via email so it was packaged and ready to go. It's alright, I'm looking forward to the change. Hopefully the ASUS board will prove to be stable and not finicky.

Even my current x370 Taichi has a few quirks that bug me a little, just not enough to do much about :laugh:
Could just ask the courier to take it away or deny the delivery?? At least that way you wouldn't have to pay for the shipping back?? Not sure though..

I've not noticed anything funky with any of the Crosshair boards I use, they have been pretty bloody decent if I'm honest :)

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
So with the 3900x, I'm planning on trying the provided cooler short term to see how effectively it cools. In the long run, I'll likely hook my loop up to it: raystorm block and 360 rad.

I'm also quite takenewith those NZXT Kraken kits. My friend has an X63 on his 3700x, and it cools quite nicely while looking beautiful.

Anyone have thoughts on cooling for these Ryzen 3000 series chips?

Could just ask the courier to take it away or deny the delivery?? At least that way you wouldn't have to pay for the shipping back?? Not sure though..

I've never actually done that, that is, refused delivery, but many have reportedly had it with that method. However, I'm going to simply wait for the ASUS and give it a fair go. It seems like a decent and steady enough board, but I doubt I'll be doing much of an OC, if at all. Likely I'll let it boost as it does by default.

As you said earlier, more important to have a stable rig when crunching.

I've not noticed anything funky with any of the Crosshair boards I use, they have been pretty bloody decent if I'm honest :)

Those boards have always seemed like excellent choices providing many options. Truth be know I've never used one.

You said you picked it up used, yes? Scoring a deal on a board like that is awesome.

Last edited:

4x4n

Xtreme Refugee
Processor 3950x
Cooling Custom water
Memory 4x8gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580
Storage Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Asus 24"
Case Phanteks Evolve X
Power Supply Seasonic 650
I think you are going to want to get that loop going. These run pretty hot, especially once you start to clock them up.

As far as boards go, I'm partial to Asus. This Strix-E has been trouble free from the start. They have always just worked for me and while I will admit that their customer service isn't the best, their bios support is.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
So with the 3900x, I'm planning on trying the provided cooler short term to see how effectively it cools. In the long run, I'll likely hook my loop up to it: raystorm block and 360 rad.

I'm also quite takenewith those NZXT Kraken kits. My friend has an X63 on his 3790x, and it cools quite nicely while looking beautiful.

Anyone have thoughts on cooling for these Ryzen 3000 series chips?

I've never actually done that, that is, refused delivery, but many have reportedly had it with that method. However, I'm going to simply wait for the ASUS and give it a fair go. It seems like a decent and steady enough board, but I doubt I'll be doing much of an OC, if at all. Likely I'll let it boost as it does by default.

As you said earlier, more important to have a stable rig when crunching.

Those boards have always seemed like excellent choices providing many options. Truth be know I've never used one.

You said you picked it up used, yes? Scoring a deal on a board like that is awesome.
At the moment I'm just on air, basic 14D cooler nothing fancy. As I mentioned before, I think the volts make it much more efficient and to be honest, I'd never consider overclocking with high vcore to run 24/7 with just in case it degrades the CPU... With the 1.00vcore I have set mine to, I'm still boosting to 4.20GHz all ok as long as the temps around about the 50C mark... I've had them up to 60C+ but that's generally when the heat of the summer kicks in and well screws the temps up :laugh:
I'm planning on a full custom loop at some point, but sadly, I'm waiting for the pennies :( Water is always the best if your looking for best possible temps and noise I think :) I'm looking forward to get a bit of testing done so I can see what it's like directly with going from air to water... I bet that will be rather interesting I think....

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
This evening I was doing some work on my pc, and it was acting very sluggish. Even when it's crunching at 100%, it always works fine, but it was really bad, couldn't even complete what I was working on.

Paused crunching, and it was still terrible. Opened HWmonitor and noticed CPU was up around 70*+. So since this had happened before, I shut down, waited about 30 seconds, then started back up. It seemed to do the trick, resumed crunching and temps steady at about 52*.

So this brings up my issue: the pump seems to randomly spazz out and not work properly. When it's not working properly and pumping, I can hear it and feel some vibration, but it won't pump. I think it's going out so now I need to take a gander for a new one, something I didn't not want to spend money on right now as I'm trying to get an upgrade going. This has happened a few times in the past few weeks. :rolleyes:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I wonder if it's a funny power connection or if the pump is just starting its trek towards the big pump heaven in the sky? I must admit I've not yet had a pump fail on me but saying that now, one probably will.... :(

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wonder if it's a funny power connection or if the pump is just starting its trek towards the big pump heaven in the sky? I must admit I've not yet had a pump fail on me but saying that now, one probably will.... :(

I bought this pump years ago on TPU in the B/S/T for a build for my brother, and then it sat for many years since he canceled the build. When my D5 pump died on me after years of faithful service (also bought on the forums but used), I switched to this pump.

Honestly I'm not sure yet, but I'll keeping an eye on it.

Honestly I've been wanting to switch to a 360 AIO like the NZXT Kraken z73, but they're awfully expensive now.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I found that in general all of the kit seems more expensive which is always a right pain when it comes to preferring to buy the right thing... I'm really trying to hold on for some water cooling gear but damn it's become so pricey! :(

Which AIO have you been looking at other than the NZXT @manofthem ?

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Started to respond and my pc rebooted. Seems that I'm getting these reboots often now, possibly be related to a disk issue. Need to trouble shoot this now.

As far as kits go, I've been looking at a few of the 360 kits: NZXT, Cooler Master ML360R, possibly Fractal S36 Prisma. Just don't want to spend a fortune on it :sad:

Edit; anyone have any experience with this PSU for crunching?

Edit 2: it's possible that my memory was being finicky and was causing the random reboots. I lowered the frequency down a bit to test stability. Hopefully it stays solid.

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I would have thought they'd be more or less the same to be honest..? I would check out some reviews at TPU, I'm sure they'd have a few here :)

EDIT - Found some review -

Fractial S36 Review
CoolerMaster ML360R Review
NZXT 360 AIO Review - Hexus.net Not TPU... (Sadly couldn't see one from TPU :()

Also those EVGA PSUs, I've 4 of the G+ models (2 650w and 2 850w) aside from one of the 850w's having an issue that when you turn it on, it arches and causes a pop (which is going away for RMA... I really need to get that sorted.... ) they have been absolutely fine :) I picked them up back when EVGA had a massive sale on, I had then for nearly half price, so I grabbed lol I'd like a few more but I don't believe you could go wrong with any top tier PSU. I personally wouldn't put anything else in my systems :)

For the crunching rigs, I just run them at XMP to avoid any instabilities if I'm honest. If I had the time and was able to mess about a little more, I'd try it :) I've just set it and left it to be honest :)

Last edited:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
So my ppd is going to take a dip as I wrestle between these 2 pcs, old one and new one being put together.

The board came in today (Asus X570-E Strix ROG), so I got the 3900x installed and the build up and running. It seems the stock cooler, while pretty, doesn't cool too effectively, not to mention the voltage on this cpu/board combo seems awfully high. Started crunching to test it out with temps over 80*C very quickly.

Went into the bios to mess with some things, but I'll tinker more tomorrow as I've had it for today.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
So my ppd is going to take a dip as I wrestle between these 2 pcs, old one and new one being put together.

The board came in today (Asus X570-E Strix ROG), so I got the 3900x installed and the build up and running. It seems the stock cooler, while pretty, doesn't cool too effectively, not to mention the voltage on this cpu/board combo seems awfully high. Started crunching to test it out with temps over 80*C very quickly.

Went into the bios to mess with some things, but I'll tinker more tomorrow as I've had it for today.
The stock cooler sucks and is just too noisy.. All I can suggest is that you go into the bios and lower the vcore down, so set to fixed and see what works best for you and the cooling. I've been trying to keep the temps about the 50C to 60C under load - I feel because it's 100% all the time, if high vcore and high temps can degrade the CPU, low as possible then going to be best I felt.
When I left the vcore at Auto, I'd hit over 90C within just one minute of WCG Crunching.. Needless to say, I lowered the volts right down. I tried it in steps too just so I could check 1 power draw and 2 temps. 1.00vcore seems to be where it's at :) I went from 280w load (auto/1.45/1.40vcore) to 160w load (1.00vcore) and the temps dropped by about 30C+ as well. I thought that was pretty impressive and decent enough. By all the monitoring software I've tried, everything is reporting back that the CPU is running at 4.20GHz (slightly higher or lower depending on the temps) but I was sold at that point.

Even with the old game as well I've managed, the low vcore hasn't hindered the performance in game that I've tried so happy days :D

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
The stock cooler sucks and is just too noisy.. All I can suggest is that you go into the bios and lower the vcore down, so set to fixed and see what works best for you and the cooling. I've been trying to keep the temps about the 50C to 60C under load - I feel because it's 100% all the time, if high vcore and high temps can degrade the CPU, low as possible then going to be best I felt.
When I left the vcore at Auto, I'd hit over 90C within just one minute of WCG Crunching.. Needless to say, I lowered the volts right down. I tried it in steps too just so I could check 1 power draw and 2 temps. 1.00vcore seems to be where it's at :) I went from 280w load (auto/1.45/1.40vcore) to 160w load (1.00vcore) and the temps dropped by about 30C+ as well. I thought that was pretty impressive and decent enough. By all the monitoring software I've tried, everything is reporting back that the CPU is running at 4.20GHz (slightly higher or lower depending on the temps) but I was sold at that point.

Even with the old game as well I've managed, the low vcore hasn't hindered the performance in game that I've tried so happy days :D

Wow OK, good thoughts. I'm glad to hear you say that you've been able to lower vcore substantially, which does indeed sound like a great idea. It does seem strange that AMD and/or board partners crank so much voltage, much more than what seems necessary. Last night even the voltage on the memory was way high.

A new cooler should be here tomorrow so I'll be giving it a go once that comes in and installed.

@phill your chip can really crunch at 4.2 @ only 1.00v? That seems fantastic.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Sir @manofthem ..... I can only report on what I'm seeing and here's a screen grab :)

1595545539356.png

If the temp was below 55C, it'll be hitting 4.20GHz across all cores.. Now whether or not this is correct or not I've no idea lol I've tried HWMonitor as well, that reports the same speeds, however, the only thing that never shows the right speeds was task manager -

1595545655704.png

But if that's the case that I'm only running at 3.31GHz, then this CPU is a beast when it comes to gaming because I can crunch and run my games on my triple 1080P monitors without any issues at all :D :laugh:

Give it a go and try my good sir :) I'll see if I can find the post I put in about the Vcore and the CPU speeds for you :)

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sir @manofthem ..... I can only report on what I'm seeing and here's a screen grab :)

View attachment 163264

If the temp was below 55C, it'll be hitting 4.20GHz across all cores.. Now whether or not this is correct or not I've no idea lol I've tried HWMonitor as well, that reports the same speeds, however, the only thing that never shows the right speeds was task manager -

View attachment 163265

But if that's the case that I'm only running at 3.31GHz, then this CPU is a beast when it comes to gaming because I can crunch and run my games on my triple 1080P monitors without any issues at all :D :laugh:

Give it a go and try my good sir :) I'll see if I can find the post I put in about the Vcore and the CPU speeds for you :)

That looks good to me. I would go by what's reported in CPUz as that for me matches closely to what is showing in the bios. Thanks for sharing the info and screens to give me something to keep in mind.

I think my chip is a dud when it comes to heat and voltage. I've been tinkering this evening trying to drop some voltage, and I can't get it stable in WCG, thus far, with less than 1.15v, and that's only to get 4ghz. :(

I lowered a few other voltages from memory to something. Worst part, it only dropped my temps by about 4-5*C (been crunching averaging about 76, down from 80-81) :mad:

Just to be clear, I wasn't doubting you at all. ;)

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I was generally wondering as I thought this CPU was not that special, well I'm guessing it's a little above the curve! I don't know :) I just run with it and go with it, seems to work more often than not and I don't think I've had any issues with it dropping out or crashing work units so, I just leave it alone :) I think when I get the water loop sorted for it, I'll try it as it's setup now for a direct replacement for cooling and then see what the CPU speeds do and more so the temps... It'll be interesting I think/hope :D