• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Flagship Radeon RX 7900 XTX Slips to Under $900, Now Starts at $881

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
7900 XTX is not a halo card because it can't compete with the 4090, which is. Therefore there's no justification for AMD charging a halo price for the 7900 XTX, just like there's no justification for making excuses for either NVIDIA or AMD increasing prices simply because they want to.

$800 is the price this card should've launched at, not the price that it will be at when it goes EOL.
Looks like the cheapest 4090 on Newegg is $1,599 USD. While the cheapest 7900XTX is $854.99 (at time of posting this comment). You can put any special catch phrase words you like on here like Halo, but I know for damn sure that the 4090 is not worth double the price of AMD's Halo product offering.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
but I know for damn sure that the 4090 is not worth double the price of AMD's Halo product offering
A halo product is not the product at the top of the stack, it's the product at the top of the performance range in that class. Since the 7900 XTX is handily beaten by the 4090, it cannot be called a halo product, and therefore doesn't justify a halo product price tag.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
7900 XTX is not a halo card because it can't compete with the 4090, which is. Therefore there's no justification for AMD charging a halo price for the 7900 XTX, just like there's no justification for making excuses for either NVIDIA or AMD increasing prices simply because they want to.

$800 is the price this card should've launched at, not the price that it will be at when it goes EOL.
Thanks for disagreeing, and then actually agreeing with what I actually said :)

800 is what this 7900XT should have been. Indeed. And at 750, I think its a damn steal.

But AFAIK we're in fucking GPU limbo ever since Pascal, so I'm not sure if it had to be the on-launch price. You just have to have to some MORE damn patience... I didn't... :D

A halo product is not the product at the top of the stack, it's the product at the top of the performance range in that class. Since the 7900 XTX is handily beaten by the 4090, it cannot be called a halo product, and therefore doesn't justify a halo product price tag.
But it doesn't have the $1500 dollar halo tag either.

Both 7900XT and XTX are sub top, I agree. But even the XTX at launch at 1100 isn't that far off the map. FWIW I think RDNA3 was priced a lot healthier than Ada even at launch. I'll stop there before I write another anti-RT rant page.

Though consider this, for AMD, the 7900XTX is definitely their halo product. It depends on the perspective. Nvidia simply calls what it has the top of everything too - the difference being they're actually on top, but does it matter? It only does from the consumer perspective, and YMMV, but I attribute high value to non-proprietary support, even if its less optimal, but still highly functional. Performance is definitely not the only metric to determine halo products - especially when the waters get made intentionally muddy with RT implementations and DLSS3. When I see RDNA3 I see technologies that will truly push performance forward. Chiplets. If we want somewhat affordable chips, we simply need them.

This is why I attribute value ONLY to cold hard raster perf. This will last until raster is no longer a deciding factor in a game's performance, to me, or until we have free FSR/DLSS in every game at launch because its just a default thing to include, and this implementation is actually flawless, and not just flawless for those with camp-colored glasses. And even then its not risk-free - we're going to be in the situation that we actually accept total raw GPU power stagnation in favor of interpolation and running at low internal resolutions. Its a strange, strange thing if you think of it, and already we see the detrimental effects of 'free performance' among developers/game releases.

Deep down we all know that in the long term, only fully supported technologies survive. We're either all in, or we're all eventually out.

Last edited:
System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Glad to see the majority of the current generation dropping in price. Only the 4070ti has stubbornly stayed at it's 800 usd asking price.

Still not a huge fan of RDNA3 but it's trending in the right direction to becoming an interesting product fron a pricing perspective. I still like them better than the sub 1000 usd ADA alternatives though.

I was watching a video of Daniel Owen comparing the 7900XTX to the 4080 and noticed some really bad frame times with the 7900XTX when paired with a 7800X3D in some games not really seeing that from any reviews so maybe it's a specific issue with his configuration although the 4080 didn't experience the same issues you'd think if it was a configuration issue it would do it with both cards.

Thanks for disagreeing, and then actually agreeing with what I actually said :)

800 is what this 7900XT should have been. Indeed. And at 750, I think its a damn steal.

But AFAIK we're in fucking GPU limbo ever since Pascal, so I'm not sure if it had to be the on-launch price. You just have to have to some MORE damn patience... I didn't... :D

But it doesn't have the $1500 dollar halo tag either.

Both 7900XT and XTX are sub top, I agree. But even the XTX at launch at 1100 isn't that far off the map. FWIW I think RDNA3 was priced a lot healthier than Ada even at launch. I'll stop there before I write another anti-RT rant page.

Though consider this, for AMD, the 7900XTX is definitely their halo product. It depends on the perspective. Nvidia simply calls what it has the top of everything too - the difference being they're actually on top, but does it matter? It only does from the consumer perspective, and YMMV, but I attribute high value to non-proprietary support, even if its less optimal, but still highly functional. Performance is definitely not the only metric to determine halo products - especially when the waters get made intentionally muddy with RT implementations and DLSS3. When I see RDNA3 I see technologies that will truly push performance forward. Chiplets. If we want somewhat affordable chips, we simply need them.

This is why I attribute value ONLY to cold hard raster perf. This will last until raster is no longer a deciding factor in a game's performance, to me, or until we have free FSR/DLSS in every game at launch because its just a default thing to include, and this implementation is actually flawless, and not just flawless for those with camp-colored glasses. And even then its not risk-free - we're going to be in the situation that we actually accept total raw GPU power stagnation in favor of interpolation and running at low internal resolutions. Its a strange, strange thing if you think of it, and already we see the detrimental effects of 'free performance' among developers/game releases.

Deep down we all know that in the long term, only fully supported technologies survive. We're either all in, or we're all eventually out.

All current generation cards had similarly bad price to perfomance at launch picking between them really just came down to what the buyer values more vram or RT/upscaling

Only after amd cards seemingly are just sitting on store shelves have the prices come down quite a bit and made them mildly more appealing. I still find it interesting that the 4070ti my probably least favorite ada card has held its price so well even the 4090 has a couple models below msrp here and there.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Still not a huge fan of RDNA3 but it's trending in the right direction to becoming an interesting product fron a pricing perspective. I still like them better than the sub 1000 usd ADA alternatives though.
Yeah it should have been - could have been more. But we're still looking at the world's first chiplet GPU with a working interconnect, the thing long thought impossibru. That, to me, is an impressive technological feat and as a POC its extremely promising, it means there is actually breathing room in GPU land, because when you see the gen-to-gen perf gains the last few years, you see that we're bumping into the top end of everything monolithic: die size, TDP, price. First gen Ryzen is an exact copy of what RDNA3 is. The tech clearly works. And it can clearly do with better latencies.

Gaming on PC will die if GPU progress does not move forward. People have heralded the death of PC gaming for decades, but this is the real one. If raw GPU grunt falls short to carry more complex game worlds, we lose the true 'omg this is the shit' moments, because really, they aren't in graphical presentation, they're in complexity. Always. We could already draw nice pictures on paper, it won't ever be the defining factor. Gaming is what you do in it. Gaming is not how many fancy GFX you can stack on top of each other. On that basis I also attack the absence of sufficient VRAM. Its a limiting factor for developers that creates stagnation in gaming. The biggest jump we've had in years in gaming is not RT, its not the consoles becoming x86... its DX12 and its multi threaded support. We're suddenly rid of all the slow-as-shit single-thread limitations and we've gained games that actually do new things because now, it actually runs proper. And guess what, we have MORE ASSETS now in games because the API can carry all those draw calls - so we need more vram.

And that's also why I lmao when Jensen is presenting the next best thing. Sure, buddy, you do you, but your product is just a means, not an end.

Last edited:
System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Yeah it should have been - could have been more. But we're still looking at the world's first chiplet GPU with a working interconnect, the thing long thought impossibru. That, to me, is an impressive technological feat and as a POC its extremely promising, it means there is actually breathing room in GPU land, because when you see the gen-to-gen perf gains the last few years, you see that we're bumping into the top end of everything monolithic: die size, TDP, price.

Gaming on PC will die if GPU progress does not move forward. People have heralded the death of PC gaming for decades, but this is the real one. If raw GPU grunt falls short to carry more complex game worlds, we lose the true 'omg this is the shit' moments, because really, they aren't in graphical presentation, they're in complexity. Always. We could already draw nice pictures on paper, it won't ever be the defining factor. Gaming is what you do in it. Gaming is not how many fancy GFX you can stack on top of each other.

Don't get me wrong I think the chaplet approach is smart by AMD in the long run in the here and now it's less impressive than RDNA2 was at launch strictly from a performance perspective vs Nvidia... I still feel the 6900XT more warranted it's flagship status going toe to toe with the 3090 while consuming less power generally vs what the 7900XTX is doing.

My hope is that at some point they can do dual GCD gaming gpu's at the same time I am not holding my breath. My only issue is Nvidia basically gave them a freeway sized door with how poorly priced ADA products are and they seem to just want to continue barely competing and holding very little market share.

Again RDNA3 only doesn't look terrible because Nvidia decided to go with historically bad pricing. Obviously this is likely the new baseline and us as consumers just have to deal with it I am actually expecting the next generation to be worse pricing wise with Nvidia likely still doing monolithic on the much more expensive 3n node and amd seemingly just happy to be slightly cheaper.

The biggest jump we've had in years in gaming is not RT, its not the consoles becoming x86... its DX12 and its multi threaded support. We're suddenly rid of all the slow-as-shit single-thread limitations and we've gained games that actually do new things because now, it actually runs proper. And guess what, we have MORE ASSETS now in games because the API can carry all those draw calls - so we need more vram.

And that's also why I lmao when Jensen is presenting the next best thing. Sure, buddy, you do you, but your product is just a means, not an end.

Although at least on the PC side the majority of CPUs are heavily under utilized in the majority of game engines hopefully that changes over time but I am not holding my breath. UE5 being the bases of the majority of games going forward doesn't really give me much confidence the two released games with it Fortnite and that horror game aren't very impressive. The next major release is the EA game that I also don't really care for visually.

Last edited:
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Don't get me wrong I think the chaplet approach is smart by AMD in the long run in the here and now it's less impressive than RDNA2 was at launch strictly from a performance perspective vs Nvidia... I still feel the 6900XT more warranted it's flagship status going toe to toe with the 3090 while consuming less power generally vs what the 7900XTX is doing.

My hope is that at some point they can do dual GCD gaming gpu's at the same time I am not holding my breath. My only issue is Nvidia basically gave them a freeway sized door with how poorly priced ADA products and they seem to just want to continue barely competing and holding very little market share.

Again RDNA3 only doesn't look terrible because Nvidia decided to go with historically bad pricing. Obviously this is likely the new baseline and us as consumers just have to deal with it I am actually expecting the next generation to be worse pricing wise with Nvidia likely still doing monolithic on the much more expensive 3n node and amd seemingly just happy to be slightly cheaper.

Although at least on the PC side the majority of CPUs are heavily under utilized in the majority of game engines hopefully that changes over time but I am not holding my breath. UE5 being the bases of the majority of games going forward doesn't really give me much confidence the two released games with it Fortnite and that horror game aren't very impressive. The next major release is the EA game that I also don't really care for visually.

Look at games like Minecraft. Riftbreaker. Games with excessively large game worlds and view distances. World of Warcraft... GTA 6... Who knows how big Starfield's going to be.
All the games that truly remain awesome are those that have given us something bigger than we had before. Its not graphics, in the visual aspect. Graphics can also just be the presentation of what's on screen - and CPU + GPU are required to move it forward. Heck, why was Skyrim re-released a half dozen times? Because it has some of the biggest game worlds on any console ;) Why can Bethesda peddle their godawful engine for two decades past expiry date... again.... it can carry something big, even if running like absolute dogshit, we'll play it, again and again. Biggest letdown of recent years? Cyberpunk. Why? Because it didn't present the true complexity of a large vibrant gaming world - that whole thing was just facade - ergo an absence of complexity, painted in beautiful aesthetics. People didn't give a shit about the looks, they wanted the game.

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
$400 bring you a used 3080 or 6800 XT. These are video cards which cover performance needs of 99+ percent gamers worldwide. You just cannot sell this much of $900+ products when almost no one needs them. I'll be damned if it's more than 1 gamer per 500 render geeks (and others who use GPUs for calculations and not for games) who buy these GPUs.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
$400 bring you a used 3080 or 6800 XT. These are video cards which cover performance needs of 99+ percent gamers worldwide. You just cannot sell this much of $900+ products when almost no one needs them. I'll be damned if it's more than 1 gamer per 500 render geeks (and others who use GPUs for calculations and not for games) who buy these GPUs.

Yup, not enough fanboys buying overpriced GPU so AMD has to discount them ;)

Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751
Yes yes… “tremendous value” but you know what ? Radeon cards are cheap for a single reason : nobody wants one.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Yes yes… “tremendous value” but you know what ? Radeon cards are cheap for a single reason : nobody wants one.
Ermmm...they aren't cheap, stop making stupid remarks, I'm sure you are better then this.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
Ermmm...they aren't cheap, stop making stupid remarks, I'm sure you are better then this.
This is a matter of fact. I don’t care if some AMD supporter feels offended.
AMD market share is irrelevant, and the only way they can sell something is by dropping prices.
Considering its performance positioning, the 7900XTX is “cheap”, but they are selling bad anyway.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
AMD market share is irrelevant, and the only way they can sell something is by dropping prices.
Considering its performance positioning, the 7900XTX is “cheap”, but they are selling bad anyway.
Unfortunately the 79000XTX is still the same price in Canada from launch. As much as you malign AMD cards I have a 7900XT and in no way do I miss my 6800XT. This is the fastest card I have ever owned and it pushes my 4K 144Hz panel quite nicely. I am a Gamer and since Console Games are built on AM4 in my opinion it would be foolish to cut them off because of fanboy arguments. That 3 months that some people like to complain about for no Driver updates was optimizing 7000 to run Console ports as I have not had any issue with the stutters and other things people complain about it has just been butter all day long. It was so sweet I finished KOA on like 2 weeks.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Still twice as high as it should be.
High end GPUs have been $1000 for a very long time. Reminder: the 8800 ultra was $830, or over $1100 today.

The tesla/fermi era was a strange blip.

Well unless nvidia started making GCN GPUs recently, the 7900xtx is the top performance AMD GPU, and thus AMD's halo offering. The 4090 is arguably in a completely different class, so that still doesnt work.

Well in Australia you can get a 7900XTX for $1499 (several cards at this price). Cheapest 4090 $2799. 20% more performance in raster for 90% more price. So on what planet are you comparing a $900 and $1600 gpu and here the price gap is double that of the US.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
You actually think so? Ok share your reasoning then because I see a card that isn't as efficient as a 4080, quite a bit worse in rt then a 4080, fsr 3 is still vaporware yet... the card costs about the same.... So go ahead, make your case

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I think you two can use a reality check.

If the 7900XT lands at 800 its right where it should be; if it moves to 700... purchase of the century.
Similar things count for the 7900XTX at a ~20% higher price level.

These cards are damn strong.

Can't you import one from another EU country?
Norway is not in the EU so there might be a tax. I ordered from US once and 25% tax have been applied. I could order one from proshop.no (or Danish proshop) but the prices at proshop are not lower. Are the prices lower in Netherlands?
The best bet would have been to go there and buy and if I get stopped at customs say it is a used card :D

AMDs halo product not NV. 7900XTX is AMDs halo product meaning the fastest in the stack they offer. 4090 is faster than 7900xtx but it is NVs halo product. It also costs way more. (almost double)
At least that is how I understand 'halo' product.

Last edited:
Processor 5700X
Motherboard B550 Tomahawk
Memory 16GB Teamgroup
Video Card(s) 6800XT
Storage WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) Iiyama
Case Define S
I would buy that 6800xt at $400, unfortunately here the cheapest is £529

Yup, not enough fanboys buying overpriced GPU so AMD has to discount them ;)
You sound like a fanboy you know? For the other team, go figure :)

Sdhcggfs

You actually think so? Ok share your reasoning then because I see a card that isn't as efficient as a 4080, quite a bit worse in rt then a 4080, fsr 3 is still vaporware yet... the card costs about the same.... So go ahead, make your case
Oh wow, 3rd gen RT hardware beats 2nd gen RT hardware.....who would've had guessed.....But wait a minute.....if AMD doubled their "smaller than last gen mid range 6700xt" GCD......AMD would've had double the RT hardware and thus 2x the current RT performance and match Nvidia...........hmmmmmmm wow when David Wang said "they can compete with Nvidia if they wanted to" it seems like they aren't lying... ......

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
cheapest is £529
Did you not see the "used" word?

Or do I have to offer my condolences because your aftermarket is a year behind?

Mouse Razer Basilisk
Oh wow, 3rd gen RT hardware beats 2nd gen RT hardware.....who would've had guessed.....But wait a minute.....if AMD doubled their "smaller than last gen mid range 6700xt" GCD......AMD would've had double the RT hardware and thus 2x the current RT performance and match Nvidia...........hmmmmmmm wow when David Wang said "they can compete with Nvidia if they wanted to" it seems like they aren't lying... ......
The fact they are one generation behind is their fault and their fault only…

I don’t know about where you are living, but here (The Netherlands, and Germany too) a 4080 still costs 100 to 200€ more than a 7900XTX. And AMD market share is still irrelevant.
It is not a matter of price. It is not even performance. It is reliability. People doesn’t trust AMD on graphic cards, and I agree.
I installed like 10 Radeon last year and every single customer complained about that in the next 6/7 months. This is bad for my business, and only in ONE case it actually was hardware related (an hotspot of 125° no matter what….). Software and drivers issues.
And you know how many Nvidia cards I installed over the same period ? more than twice that number, and I had only ONE customer complaining.
I don’t care about brand loyalty, but I do care about angry customers.
But I’m expecting AMD supporters here saying that “everything is ok with their Radeon”. It is always the case. happy for them, but that’s not the case for many other customers, and AMD market share is a demonstration.

System Name The cube
Processor AMD Ryzen 5700g
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright ARO-M14
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3800mhz
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston 1TB NV2| 2x 1TB 2.5" Hitachi 7200rpm | 2TB 2.5" Toshiba USB 3.0
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 32" + LG 24MP59G 24"
Case Chieftec CI-02B-OP
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio PCI-E (SB1040)
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10 x64 PRO
Benchmark Scores Mobile: Asus Strix Advantage G713QY | Ryzen 7 5900HX | 16GB Micron 3200MHz CL21 | RX 6800M 12GB |
zzzz... zzzZZZzzz.... zz.. huh? 880? *yawns* wake me up when it gets to 650.... zzzzz

The fact they are one generation behind is their fault and their fault only…

I don’t know about where you are living, but here (The Netherlands, and Germany too) a 4080 still costs 100 to 200€ more than a 7900XTX. And AMD market share is still irrelevant.
It is not a matter of price. It is not even performance. It is reliability. People doesn’t trust AMD on graphic cards, and I agree.
I installed like 10 Radeon last year and every single customer complained about that in the next 6/7 months. This is bad for my business, and only in ONE case it actually was hardware related (an hotspot of 125° no matter what….). Software and drivers issues.
And you know how many Nvidia cards I installed over the same period ? more than twice that number, and I had only ONE customer complaining.
I don’t care about brand loyalty, but I do care about angry customers.
But I’m expecting AMD supporters here saying that “everything is ok with their Radeon”. It is always the case. happy for them, but that’s not the case for many other customers, and AMD market share is a demonstration.
You are either exaggerating or outright lying. Remember nvidia bumpgate? Remember ROHS solder balls? God... I've had HUNDREDS of returns on GTX 8800 and 9800 series cards due to that exact problem. In contrast - very few RMA cases for AMD 3xxx and 4xxx cards. Hell, I still have some of those AMD cards in random boxes in a storage area, leftover from random PCs and upgrades, and guess what, I'll wage my left nut they still work. On the other hand, good luck finding a working, reliable 8800GTX, single slot 9800GT (who the h-e ll tought that was a good idea??!!) or god forbid, an 8800 Ultra... Then there was Fermi... God... Those bloody 480's barely lasted the warranty period - I had so many arguments with customers, bringing in dead 480's that died 1-2 weeks out of warranty.... As for newer cards, some years ago I was selling mostly nvidia cards - witch had RMA returns due to various issues, most common and notable was vram failure on high end rtx 2xxx boards. Bloody things would end up artefacting a few months in. The other RMA retunrs were inconsistent - apart from the vram issue on rtx 2xxx cards I've had GTX 1070, 1080 and a few RTX 2xxx and 3xxx cards that were returned because they would cause a BSOD whenever the video card driver was installed. No idea what was causing that, but it did happen often enough. Card would post, no artefacts, everything was fine untill the video card driver was installed. I remember one particular RTX 2060 (MSI) that ran OK after installing a really old driver, and a couple months later it would BSOD with whatever driver was installed. Bad for business? I had one guy who spent second-hand car money on a Gigabyte RTX 3080ti only for it to die within 3 months. No video output. It was replaced under warranty by my supplier, but 5 months later the replacement card died, and the client was so angry he threatened to wreck my shop. Turns out the PCB would crack on some Gigabyte cards and he had the tripple fan behemont mounted without a GPU support.
In contrast I've had little issues with AMD cards I sold back then but that's probably because I sold very few of them. Apart from a couple of dead Asus Rog Strix Vega64 boards witch died for no apparent reason (no display) - both owned by different customers, nothing sticks in memory.

Last year and in 2023 up until now, I sold mostly AMD cards, because for some reason, despite GPU prices going down, nvidia cards remained very expensive - possibly due to importers in my country having a big stock of the bloody things - and no willingness to sell them at a loss. At one point an RX 6700XT was a good 250e cheaper (including tax) then a 3070ti and 150-180e cheaper then a 3070... people were asking about nvidia cards, then buying AMD. And I have to say, apart from a watercooled RX 6900XT from Sapphire and 4-5 RX 7900XTX's, I've had no warranty claims so far. No valid ones anyway. There was this one guy who was trying to run an RX 6800XT on a 600W PSU... "but it's 80+ gold!!!" he says. Hell, even the box said "700w power supply recommended". He wanted to return the card because his PC kept shutting off during gaming... I had to swap in one of my 850w test PSUs and let him sit in the back of my shop for 2 and a half hours, playing games, until he finally admitted the PSU was inadequate for his build. "bloody AMD drivers! My PC keeps crashing!!!" when it was in fact, shutting down.

I've sold God knows how many 6700XT's and 6600's in the last 8-9 months and have had no returns or complaints so far. Mostly Powercolor and Sapphire cards witch I could get a really good deal on. There have been issues. I've had some customers bring their PC's back to the shop - but no returns. One guy complained his monitor would disconnect "this didn't happen with my old GTX 1080!!" turned out he was using a (very) cheap displayport cable. Sold him a new cable, guy hasn't been back since. Another came to the shop, PC under arm, "it's very unstable and quite slow!" - guy didn't even bother uninstalling the nvidia drivers from his old graphics card, and you don't want to know how much adware and spyware the poor PC had on, probably from sketchy sites where you can watch episodes of tv shows for free - or you know, porn. Not to mention he was running a 6650XT on a overclocked AMD FX 8350.... that thing was slow when it came out.

Granted, 8 months is not a long time, the returns might happen any moment now, but so far so good, and not nearly as dramatic as you're making it out to be.

As for the nvidia side... very few cards sold this year - mostly RTX 3060ti's since they've FINALLY come down in price, only one year later than the rest of the world. Other than 3060's there were a couple of 40 series cards, a 4090 and a 4080 if I remember. The 4090 came back with a melted power connector. All the 3060's have been fine so far, no returns or issues with any of them, apart from a teenager that wanted to install one in a Dell office PC that had only one 6 pin PCI-E cable and a proprietary format power supply.

As for "AMD market share is a demonstration" - it has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with peace of mind and marketing. In my neck of the woods, every middle age man or granpa wanting to get a graphics card for his kid or a new computer came in asking for "one of those Geforce cards". Some know nothing about computers, but still knew about "Geforce".

You are free to believe what you want, but don't bullshit others. Nvidia GPU's are not built better or more reliable then AMD ones and that's the end of it.

Last edited:
Mouse Razer Basilisk
zzzz... zzzZZZzzz.... zz.. huh? 880? *yawns* wake me up when it gets to 650.... zzzzz

You are either exaggerating or outright lying.
I don’t even bother to read the rest. It’s something well known: AMD supporters are worse than Apple’s and in constant denial.
I really don’t care about brand worshipping and I gladly leave it to you.
But don’t you dare call me a liar , dude.
I’m in this business since most of the users here probably were in kindergarten and you don’t know me.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Hopefully the freefall on prices brings the whole market with it. This is a troubled graphics card which doesn't belong in the segment that it was intended to service, but it's not a bad product for this price. Surprisingly, this lower price seems to have reflected here, KaBuM has an AsRock PG 7900 XTX for 6669 BRL and the Sapphire Pulse and Nitro for 7,1 and 7,3k respectively. This is quite a good price for our country.

We need better prices for GPUs, man. No matter what. PC gaming is going to elitize itself to an extreme if these prices keep up, and eventually wither and die off in a very long term.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Remember nvidia bumpgate? Remember ROHS solder balls? God... I've had HUNDREDS of returns on GTX 8800 and 9800 series cards due to that exact problem. In contrast - very few RMA cases for AMD 3xxx and 4xxx cards. Hell, I still have some of those AMD cards in random boxes in a storage area, leftover from random PCs and upgrades, and guess what, I'll wage my left nut they still work. On the other hand, good luck finding a working, reliable 8800GTX, single slot 9800GT (who the h-e ll tought that was a good idea??!!) or god forbid, an 8800 Ultra... Then there was Fermi... God... Those bloody 480's barely lasted the warranty period - I had so many arguments with customers, bringing in dead 480's that died 1-2 weeks out of warranty...
*slow clap*

We're not talking about the NVIDIA and AMD of years ago. We're talking about them today. This rambling is irrelevant.

I had one guy who spent second-hand car money on a Gigabyte RTX 3080ti only for it to die within 3 months. No video output. It was replaced under warranty by my supplier, but 5 months later the replacement card died, and the client was so angry he threatened to wreck my shop. Turns out the PCB would crack on some Gigabyte cards and he had the tripple fan behemont mounted without a GPU support.
How the actual f**k in any universe is this the fault of NVIDIA. Why would you torpedo your own argument with a completely irrelevant example?

it has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with peace of mind and marketing
The fact that I refuse to buy an AMD card until they can deliver a GPU on day one, with low-load power consumption comparable to NVIDIA, renders this argument irrelevant too.

Last edited: