• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

is this for nvidia or does it work with amd cards?

is this for nvidia or does it work with amd cards?

curious how I can disable the tons of stuff amd installs. is there a registry patch to make sure these are all disabled?

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
AMD lets you select how much "stuff" you want installed, just like Nvidia. You have options for full, minimal, or driver only installation.

Edit: On Nvidia, you have options for with or without GeForce Experience.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
im not a pc person, so asking if theres a similar one for amd cards? they allow you to install, but dont believe they dont slip in extras. 600mb+ sizes. thats crazy.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
im not a pc person, so asking if theres a similar one for amd cards? they allow you to install, but dont believe they dont slip in extras. 600mb+ sizes. thats crazy.
Just told you:
AMD lets you select how much "stuff" you want installed, just like Nvidia. You have options for full, minimal, or driver only installation.

Edit: On Nvidia, you have options for with or without GeForce Experience.
;)

Software Windows 10 Pro
so then why do people use this nvclean install if nvidia let you?
Nvidia installs the control panel whether you want it or not. As to why you wouldn't want it, I don't have a clue.

thanks. makes no sense to have this nvclean program when nvidia and amd "let you" install only what you want. which im sure they slip extras in.

even if they "allow" you to only install what you want, im more then happy to use an amd version of nvclean instead of trusting amd/nvidia on their word. I tend to not trust companies with what they say is true or not.

Software Windows 10 Pro
thanks. makes no sense to have this nvclean program when nvidia and amd "let you" install only what you want. which im sure they slip extras in.

even if they "allow" you to only install what you want, im more then happy to use an amd version of nvclean instead of trusting amd/nvidia on their word. I tend to not trust companies with what they say is true or not.
What do you mean "slip extras in"? Also, there is the option to install AMD as driver only, but I don't know why you think having no control over your card's settings is a good thing.

sorry, but I dont trust companies. people readily believe and trust, even when they get burned over and over. very naive and gullible. but I got burnt before. but I learn my lesson and going forward I dont just believe anything told to me. internet has lots of liars and people with self interests so Im more prone to not believe then believe theyll do the right thing. companies care for their pockets and shareholders, not the users. so I dont believe they wont slip things in because we already see the world of data theft, so why is such a weird idea for a company to not have ethics and thing about money. its not a new thing. all these companies would fall if people would research more then readily believe. everything happens in the background. so people dont distrust.

I dont trust that amd would only allow the driver to install without their extra stuff like telemtry and stuff, and hence why I asked if there was a nvclean for amd. this is the reason why people use nvclean, because they want to make sure that nvidia doesnt slip extras in when they dont want it. and those drivers are getting crazy big, and thats not because its game drivers. game drivers never jumped that high each version.

Processor Intel i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Lightning
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7800 XT
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF 165Hz
Case Fractal Meshify C
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
Keyboard Logitech G512
Gfrad
"This tool includes AMD Radeon Software Customize Setup"

Software Windows 10 Pro
sorry, but I dont trust companies. people readily believe and trust, even when they get burned over and over. very naive and gullible. but I got burnt before. but I learn my lesson and going forward I dont just believe anything told to me. internet has lots of liars and people with self interests so Im more prone to not believe then believe theyll do the right thing. companies care for their pockets and shareholders, not the users. so I dont believe they wont slip things in because we already see the world of data theft, so why is such a weird idea for a company to not have ethics and thing about money. its not a new thing. all these companies would fall if people would research more then readily believe. everything happens in the background. so people dont distrust.

I dont trust that amd would only allow the driver to install without their extra stuff like telemtry and stuff, and hence why I asked if there was a nvclean for amd. this is the reason why people use nvclean, because they want to make sure that nvidia doesnt slip extras in when they dont want it. and those drivers are getting crazy big, and thats not because its game drivers. game drivers never jumped that high each version.
If you don't believe anything anyone on the internet says as we're all just a bunch of liars motivated purely by self-interest, then maybe you shouldn't come here asking questions. :shadedshu:

Besides, what's my interest in trying to help you with suggestions, hm?

System Name Lenovo LOQ 15
Processor Ryzen 7 7840HS
Memory Crucial 32GB (2 x 16) DDR5 5600 SODIMM
Video Card(s) RTX 4050 Mobile OC @ 2.8 GHz (dGPU)/ Radeon 780M (iGPU)
Storage Micron MTFDKCD512TFK 512GB (Will Upgrade)
Display(s) 1080p 144Hz Laptop Display
Audio Device(s) Laptop Realtek Speakers (Dolby Atmos for Headphones)
Software Windows 11

Ah yes, we are snobby assholes who haven't changed since 2014. Newell and Jensen are our prophets. You are welcome.

If you don't believe anything anyone on the internet says as we're all just a bunch of liars motivated purely by self-interest, then maybe you shouldn't come here asking questions. :shadedshu:
people are moody and sensitive. I didnt say anything about you. I said, I dont trust companies.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
and those drivers are getting crazy big

I remember downloading 50~60 MB ATi catalyst drivers but times have changed, now we got upto DX12, ray tracing and what not.

I remember downloading 50~60 MB ATi catalyst drivers but times have changed, now we got upto DX12, ray tracing and what not.
and im certain 60% of the size is unnecessary. for me anyway. I never used physx and such in nvidia. just a waste. I never did sli. waste. the performance for money is just a waste. all marketing scam .

Processor AMD Ryzen 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
Cooling Custom Loop (Watercool/HWLabs)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 64GB (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5K)
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom GS
Storage 7 x M.2, 4 x SSD, 2 x HDD.
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z207, Shanling UA1 Plus
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech k360
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores None, but I think they'd be fairly decent.
Someone needs to find a nice, deep cave in a remote mountainside to live in. Problem solved, no humongous driver downloads or scummy, dishonest companies to worry about.

Someone needs to find a nice, deep cave in a remote mountainside to live in. Problem solved, no humongous driver downloads or scummy, dishonest companies to worry about.
thanks for caring. I go through life fine. more then ever we have seen how companies are shady scumbags. mmm, how are those gpu prices doing...
but you go through life being gullible and naive.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
Cooling Custom Loop (Watercool/HWLabs)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 64GB (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5K)
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom GS
Storage 7 x M.2, 4 x SSD, 2 x HDD.
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z207, Shanling UA1 Plus
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech k360
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores None, but I think they'd be fairly decent.
So I assume you grow all your own food, rather than buy stuff from, oh I don't know, one of the innumerable companies under the Unilever umbrella for instance. Or weave your own cloth from your self-grown cotton and flax, rather than buy ready-made clothes made in China, Vietnam, etc by youngsters working 12-14 hour days for peanuts. Oh, and you certainly won't be buying soft drinks from huge corporations which are essentially selling tap water with added sugar.

Yeah, good luck avoiding the scumbags without living in a cave. Reality is a shitty thing at times, but it is reality nonetheless.

So I assume you grow all your own food, rather than buy stuff from, oh I don't know, one of the innumerable companies under the Unilever umbrella for instance. Or weave your own cloth from your self-grown cotton and flax, rather than buy ready-made clothes made in China, Vietnam, etc by youngsters working 12-14 hour days for peanuts. Oh, and you certainly won't be buying soft drinks from huge corporations which are essentially selling tap water with added sugar.
you assume too much. thanks for wishing me luck. you keep being a conformist and a follower. the fanboyism is intense here.

Software Windows 10 Pro

You didn't say anything about me, but the internet in general, which also includes me:
internet has lots of liars and people with self interests
If you meant companies, and not the community at TPU, for example ("the internet"), I'd recommend you choose your words more carefully. Acting out of emotion, whether it be during driver installs, or posing on an online forum, will do no good to you.

I still don't understand what "extras" you want to exclude from your driver installs, by the way.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
This thread is sure going south in a hurry.

If you want a granular driver package where you can be picky about what gets installed, AmernimeZ community driver packages are probably what you want. The setup process allows for more direct control of what does and doesn't get installed. Though you may find that a lot of features stop working when you strip out all the code they rely on. Modern GPUs are complex ASICs with thousands of individual functions, not just "play game on screen".