• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cyberpunk 2077 Game Discussion

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Best looking game I have ever seen. Huge improvement over initial release. Combat and vehicle handling especially.

Which open world game does even come close? RDR2 maybe but can't really be compared because it is not as dense. The city in Cyberpunk just feel alive and I have seen confrontations between NPCs, shootings, police intervention and other cool stuff.

NPCs were horrible on release, vanishing on corners etc. Today tho, night and day difference.

Last edited:
Played at launch and the skin and faces of characters look 100% better. Path tracing is nice but that was the biggest difference for me

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
this and no man's sky probably have the biggest delta of release -> current state.

This game is amazing now.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
NPCs were horrible on release, vanishing on corners etc. Today tho, night and day difference.
Yes, today they make it around the corner before vanishing :D

System Name Ultima
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard MSI Mag B550M Mortar
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 rev4 w/ Ryzen offset mount
Memory G.SKill Ripjaws V 2x16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB Gen4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB , 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD sata,
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG249Q3A 24" 1080p 165-180Hz VRR
Case DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200 Audio/Nvidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Rog Strix Impact 3 Wireless | Wacom Intuos CTH-480
Keyboard A4Tech B314 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Patch 2.01 just dropped

Phantom Liberty-specific
  • Balls to the Wall – When talking to Paco, repeating the blue dialogue option from the Corpo lifepath will no longer block progress.
  • Dog Eat Dog – Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn multiple Relic points by triggering the first meeting with Songbird more than once.
  • Firestarter – Fixed an issue that could cause V to get stuck in the wall or roof after performing a Finisher on Kurt Hansen.
Moving Heat

• Fixed an issue that could cause all traffic to disappear after completing the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where triggering combat in the garage in specific scenarios could cause various disruptions to quest flow.
  • New Person, Same Old Mistakes – Fixed an issue where the gate to Bill’s hot dog stand was closed.
Somewhat Damaged

• Fixed an issue preventing the player from scanning the Neural Network system.
  • Various fixes for devices in the bunker.
  • The Killing Moon – Fixed an issue that caused the doors leading to the shuttle to not open.
You Know My Name

• Fixed an issue where V could remain connected to the sniper nest, blocking quest progress, after repeatedly switching cameras at the end of the sequence.
  • Reed will now wear his party outfit during the dialogue with Songbird.
  • Addressed an issue where some phone calls necessary to continue the main story began with a delay.
  • Various visual fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
Quests & Open World
  • Automatic Love – The distortion effect caused by talking to Johnny and selecting a specific dialogue option at the end of the quest will no longer persist on the screen.
  • Ghost Town – Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck on the “Defeat Nash and his people” objective if the game was saved during combat prior to Update 2.0.
Gig: Breaking News

• Fixed an issue where Ted Fox’s car didn’t spawn.
  • Fixed an issue where the gig wouldn’t trigger after approaching the quest area.
  • Gig: Going-Away Party – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to get in the car with Flavio because it spawned underground.
  • Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away – Fixed an issue where the Militech SUV spawned underground.
Killing in the Name

• Fixed an issue where leaving the quest unfinished could block clue scanning, preventing the player from progressing in many quests.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bartmoss Collective website wasn’t visible in some cases.
  • Playing for Time – Fixed an issue where healing and radio icons disappeared from the HUD after the car chase with Takemura.
  • Space Oddity – Fixed an issue where the quest didn’t activate if the location was approached prior to Update 2.0.
The Heist

• Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn’t present in front of the Afterlife.
  • Fixed an issue where, when riding the elevator to the 42nd floor with low FPS, V could fall through the floor and die.
  • The Prophet’s Song – Fixed an issue where completing the quest could cause the police system to turn a blind eye to V’s crimes.
  • The Ripperdoc – Fixed an issue where, if the player got into the driver’s seat from the passenger seat, Jackie would return to the noodle stand and refuse to drive to the ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where NCPD Scanner Hustles could remain uncompleted even after looting the necessary containers.
  • Fixed an issue where some Iconic weapons wouldn’t appear on wall of the Stash in V’s apartment.
  • Lowered the value of the Attribute check required to enter the area where the Thermal Katana can be looted.
Gameplay
  • Made it possible to properly switch to Arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Addressed an issue that could cause V to become invulnerable to all damage.
  • A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won’t be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
  • Fixed an issue where some obsolete mods in the Inventory and Stash weren’t properly exchanged for a new weapon mod.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons obtained pre-Update 2.0 could have a Tier that’s too high when compared to the player’s level.
  • Removed various obsolete Crafting Specs.
  • Disassembling a Budget Arms Slaught-O-Matic will now give 1 crafting component.
PC-specific
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.
  • Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked on GOG and Steam after loading a save from that playthrough. For the Epic Games Store, the issue is still under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue where, after installing Update 2.0 but not the expansion on GOG, a pop-up saying “Phantom Liberty downloaded – please return to the main menu to access new content” could appear in the in-game menu.
  • Improved image quality of DLSS Ray Reconstruction in the Ultra Performance setting.
Miscellaneous
  • Various crash fixes on PC and consoles.
  • Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it’s no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game. If you’ve turned down the volume of other sounds in order to better hear the radio, you may want to re-adjust the volume before you continue playing.
  • Added sounds for the Basilisk that were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could earn an infinite score in Trauma Drama by shooting at enemies dropping from a helicopter repeatedly.
  • Growl FM and Dark Star websites will now be visible when playing without Phantom Liberty.
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the internet didn’t result in an error message being displayed in My Rewards and Cross Progression tabs.
  • The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the “Disable Copyrighted Music” option is turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where hair didn’t cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled.
  • Players who pre-ordered Phantom Liberty but didn’t get the Quadra Sport R-7 “Vigilante” will now receive it.
  • Several improvements and changes to Ukrainian localization, including fixes for lines where the translation lost its original meaning.
REDmod
  • Fixed an issue where tweak mods would not compile in REDmod.
  • Added Phantom Liberty support to REDmod.

las

Cooling Custom Water
Not for me, vary rarely happen (random NPCs) and I can chase a NPC driver around town easily for a very long time (as in forever)

I have not seen a town this real in any game before. Police acts on crime done by NPCs and I can cause chain reactions in the traffic by ramming cars or scare them by aiming

I got a npc driver to ram the police and the police engaged, chasing the npc driver and shooting the tires LMAO

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
AMD Linux driver have way less overhead BS than in Windows
Maybe Vulkan is best in GPU usage than DX12 when the game isn't AMD but nVidia optimized?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
this and no man's sky probably have the biggest delta of release -> current state.

Am reinsterling dis hurr durr
Not sure about PL yet but I reckon Ill do it anyway lol. Still want to, really want to get immersed in Night City... lets hope it works now

Thats a feature tho!

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
vehicle handling especially.
Was just insanely bad as of pre-2.0, now it's KINDA better if we don't account vehicle speeds. 80 mph max speed on "sport" cars... Kill me please.

A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won’t be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
BUT WHY. That was the most hilarious bug ever!

0. This is not a "sport" car, this is a halo car.
1. This speedometer shows 1.95x the real speed.
1. Absolutely no one but you cares at all if it's a sport or halo car :), none of these cars are real, what a ridiculous and completely arbitrary comparison.
2. The physics change with higher speed regardless of how fast you think it is actually going.
3. Your pc literally can't load environments at that speed, so you'd rather drive through an invisible city than be reasonable.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
1. Absolutely no one but you cares at all if it's a sport or halo car :), none of these cars are real, what a ridiculous and completely arbitrary comparison.
2. The physics change with higher speed regardless of how fast you think it is actually going.
3. Your pc literally can't load environments at that speed, so you'd rather drive through an invisible city than be reasonable.

Bruh lets be real the game would be so much better with working speedometers if only it had it at launch that might have saved it........ As it is it's unplayable #shame.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W

age of empires 2 i know doesn't really count, but i would add it in there for pure longevity, it has always gotten mild improvements over the years

edit: nm i changed my mind, I don't think this game actually applies to what you are saying the more I think about it.

System Name His & Hers
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Storage lots of SSD.
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B

I would say Diablo 3 as well. That game got a ridiculous amount of support a decade basically.

Absolutely no one but you cares
Noted.
none of these cars are real
Yet they still have in-game tiers, and Caliburn is rated as a halo car by the CDPR.
The physics change with higher speed regardless of how fast you think it is actually going
Moot point.
Your pc literally can't load environments at that speed, so you'd rather drive through an invisible city than be reasonable.
Okay, so you're saying it was just my bad dream that I did ride the modded Johnny's Porsche at 140 real MPH (about 270 according to in-game speedometer) and ran into absolutely no glitches at all? Also completely no issues riding some other car, Quadra IIRC, at 170 MPH (320+ in-game "MPH"), is this also just my hallucination? I can record a video of that tomorrow or whenever I find out how to mod car specs in 2.0 if you don't believe me.

Bruh lets be real the game would be so much better with working speedometers if only it had it at launch that might have saved it........ As it is it's unplayable #shame.
I love people having laughs but c'mon, why are you so keen on letting CDPR ignore obvious bugs? It's not unplayable, yet it's frustrating.

tl;dr I'm tired arguing with people who act like they're on CDPR's salary. I want the game to become better. You silently call me names for that.

System Name His & Hers
Storage lots of SSD.
Noted.

Yet they still have in-game tiers, and Caliburn is rated as a halo car by the CDPR.

Moot point.

Okay, so you're saying it was just my bad dream that I did ride the modded Johnny's Porsche at 140 real MPH (about 270 according to in-game speedometer) and ran into absolutely no glitches at all? Also completely no issues riding some other car, Quadra IIRC, at 170 MPH (320+ in-game "MPH"), is this also just my hallucination? I can record a video of that tomorrow or whenever I find out how to mod car specs in 2.0 if you don't believe me.

I love people having laughs but c'mon, why are you so keen on letting CDPR ignore obvious bugs? It's not unplayable, yet it's frustrating.

tl;dr I'm tired arguing with people who act like they're on CDPR's salary. I want the game to become better. You silently call me names for that.

It's ok if you're that passionate about working speedometer in games most people have better things in life to worry about like the cost of food.

Speaking of which CDPR must be eating good this game officially surpassed the Witcher 3 in sales speedometers be damned.

I would say Diablo 3 as well. That game got a ridiculous amount of support a decade basically.
It helps a lot when they re-release the game on new systems, having diablo on the consoles forced them to add support for 4k resolution which was nice!
Noted.

Moot point.

> spends 3 straight years fixing bugs, which can only be summarized in over 50 pages of straight text, only for some random to complain about the speedometer.

Yea guys I see that the game was crashing so much it's ACTUALLY unplayable but who is thinking about the SPEEDOMETER, what an important issue!

I'm not silently calling you a names bud, it's right there. You're insanely nitpicky, you have unrealistic standards, and you need to go outside. I'm not acting like I'm on their salary, I just have sane and reasonable expectations. You're going over the game with a microscope talking about 1 thing no one cares about and it's hilarious.

Here's an example: Sometimes Idris Elba's character changes clothes mid-conversation. People actually notice and care about this, not the 5 seconds in the car on the way to the fast travel station, where there isn't enough road to surpass 80 anyways.

And I love how you seem to care soooo much about the speed being accurate, but completely brush off the physics increasing with speed. So speed matters, but physics don't matter when you hit things. Physics don't matter, but the classification of halo cars vs sports cars does. Got it :D. Some people are simply incapable of enjoying themselves, they will always find a way to get in the way of their own happiness. It's incredible that in your posts, you have never left a positive comment about anything, must be tough living that life man.

Last edited:
if you're that passionate about working speedometer
I'm not really passionate. It's about fixing ONE line by changing its value by 1.95. It's a 0 IQ bug fix. I wouldn't act so disappointed if that wasn't for a fact even I (= no programmer at all) can fix this bug.
I see that the game was crashing so much it's ACTUALLY unplayable
I've seen this a lot, too. And mentioned it a lot either. Just one time I've decided to point out on cars becoming so slow it feels faster to run than to drive a sport car... and you recommend me going outside. Being outside 4+ hours daily ain't impressive but it's definitely enough I think.
You're going over the game with a microscope
Would be the case if it wasn't for plain obviousity of this bug. Everyone with at least one working eye can see this speedometer is wrong.
Sometimes Idris Elba's character changes clothes mid-conversation
Yes, this is a bug. Yes, I want CDPR to fix it. Yes, this is way more serious than the speedometer. But it doesn't mean they don't need to fix the speedometer as well.
but completely brush off the physics increasing with speed. So speed matters, but physics don't matter when you hit things.
I already spent my "gay days" on testing this physics aspect. Issues arise from going 340+ "MPH" (176+ real MPH) when I actually started hitting "non-existent" things. Considering this I'm completely safe to say ALL cars could get about 20 to 40 percent speed buff and things still would be completely fine physics-wise.
spends 3 straight years fixing bugs, which can only be summarized in over 50 pages of straight text, only for...
...the game to still be unpolished.

:)
I'm not really passionate. It's about fixing ONE line by changing its value by 1.95. It's a 0 IQ bug fix. I wouldn't act so disappointed if that wasn't for a fact even I (= no programmer at all) can fix this bug.

I've seen this a lot, too. And mentioned it a lot either. Just one time I've decided to point out on cars becoming so slow it feels faster to run than to drive a sport car... and you recommend me going outside. Being outside 4+ hours daily ain't impressive but it's definitely enough I think.

Would be the case if it wasn't for plain obviousity of this bug. Everyone with at least one working eye can see this speedometer is wrong.

Yes, this is a bug. Yes, I want CDPR to fix it. Yes, this is way more serious than the speedometer. But it doesn't mean they don't need to fix the speedometer as well.

I already spent my "gay days" on testing this physics aspect. Issues arise from going 340+ "MPH" (176+ real MPH) when I actually started hitting "non-existent" things. Considering this I'm completely safe to say ALL cars could get about 20 to 40 percent speed buff and things still would be completely fine physics-wise.

...the game to still be unpolished.

Completely ignorant of the game development process and multiple layers of testing and approval. Nothing is as simple as changing 1 value.

Unpolished lmao. As opposed to any first person game from the past several years? No. As opposed to your unrealistic world view? What isn't unpolished, you're never happy with anything :)

System Name His & Hers
Storage lots of SSD.

Maybe you should apply at CDPR since you know better than they do on how to code games.

Here you go probably take less time than complaining about the game on an online forum that CDPR will never check.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Needs more incessantly complaining!!

Completely ignorant of the game development process and multiple layers of testing and approval.
Thanks, I already know what CDPR currently is.
Nothing is as simple as changing 1 value.
Speedometer is just a HUD element showing internal speed multiplied by some quotient. Making this quotient 1.95 times less makes for accurate speedometer. This is one line. And this is a fact, not my assumption.
Maybe you should apply at CDPR
Makes no sense. They already got a truckload of developers happy to fix these bugs but their managers are kinda "nah, you should work on this instead." Taking management in my hands could be an option but, y'know, with my citizenship, they won't even look at my résumé.
Here you go probably take less time than complaining about the game on an online forum that CDPR will never check.

I already am aware of that mod and I do have it installed. The fact I need this mod makes me complain. Not the fact I allegedly didn't find it.
CDPR will never check.
That's true though.

las

Cooling Custom Water
Was just insanely bad as of pre-2.0, now it's KINDA better if we don't account vehicle speeds. 80 mph max speed on "sport" cars... Kill me please.

I can easily drive faster than that. Way faster. Not that I care what the speedometer says tho, I look where I drive instead :laugh:

I guess speedometer works good enough to sell 25+ million copies :laugh:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I don't think a working speedometer is going to save cars. I fired it up yesterday, honestly? 3 years post launch, I can't for the life of me understand why people still play this game for either its gameplay OR its 'graphics'. This is the graphics poster child of the current gen... Ouch. Just Ouch. Adding a samey reflective layer over every surface isn't 'great graphics', but that's what it still is. A house of mirrors without the slightest dose of realism or grit to it. There is still a world of difference between the handful of truly nicely designed areas (mostly anything involved in lengthy conversation sequences and main quest) and the rest of town, which looks horribly unfinished with assets more akin to placeholders.

And beyond the graphics... the design. The city is still a strangely populated wasteland that barely makes sense (more often than not, streets are empty, and then you turn a corner and suddenly you're in a crowd?! Same with cars, desolate streets, turn camera 360 and turn the corner and we're in rush hour :kookoo: ) the lighting really isn't great at all (turning on RT hardly makes a difference other than boosting reflective surfaces EVEN MORE, GI is pretty terrible either way and the amount of point lights rendered is abysmal, but there are light sources everywhere!); objects in the distance are ultra low res and most surfaces are flatter than flat earthers can imagine. Pedestrian behaviour isn't much different from launch either. Police wanted stars are really the only addition I was really happy with coming from v 1.21. One thing that strikes me as it did on launch is the absence of the good ol'bump map. There is no depth to textures at all, instead you have this mirror sheen over everything adding to the sterility. CDPR can try selling me this as their visual / art direction but I'm not buying that. It looks horrible - and what's striking is that most of the nicer designed areas don't have an overload of reflective surfaces, all of a sudden.

I think I'm definitively in the uncanny valley with this game, and not because it aspires realism so closely, but rather because its so out there with how its perceived and what it really is. Check out a random scene in Darktide against one in Cyberpunk. Only in darkness are the two somewhat similar because lack of lighting hides Cyberpunk's shortcomings, but even thén. Light the place up and Cyberpunk is absolutely hideous to look at. Darktide litters every area with detail and more importantly, they've actually got distinct 'materials' - wood is wood, and not some polished plank. Concrete doesn't reflect light. Most surfaces in Cyberpunk are bare, flat, and sterile - even in the dirtiest places of the city. Every slab of asphalt and concrete reflects light as if its metal. Also, these magical surfaces never accumulate dirt and grime. Its amazingly immersion breaking.

One thing they DID improve with 2.0, which is great to see, is the actual gameplay. But you still need a lot of fantasy to call it a real game, its more a showcase of cool moves and stuff you can do and progress through. This isn't a bad thing to me. But a balanced game there is not, you're mostly just playing with a skillset to kill all the things. I play on hard and there is just no challenge, unless you act stupid. The removal of stat scaling is a good move forward, things have been moved to skillsets more so than scaling, I like the overhaul in that sense. Skill trees are hit/miss. Some shit's just strange but it does enable playstyles. Blades are still OP, because the AI is still pretty weak - movement/mobility is king and mitigation chance made it even better.

I'll dive into PL tonight, still looking forward to a more tightly organized experience. The open world part of this game is still an absolute shitshow though, both as a sandbox and as a themepark. I don't know how some individuals feel the city is alive on a different level... I guess they're hallucinating like those pedestrians walking around or something.

Last edited: