• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Car Cooled

cHillen

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Intel P4 2.8 OC'ed to whatever, Asus P4P800-SE, 1 Gig TwinX Corsair, X850Pro 600/600, Creative X-Fi, Belkin Extreme G Wireless card(i know, i know), 550 watt MXG-Vigor, Sony CDRW Drive, Memorex DVDrw+-, 2X 74 Gig Western Digital Raptors (If your reading this you know about those raptors!) HDD.

Mods:
Cut window into the Centurion 532. Danger Den GPU block, Swiftech CPU Block, Danger Den Radiator 120cm, Cut 92cm hole into top of case, Tyhpoon Dual 3.5" reservoir, Hayden 679 Oil transmission cooler, Hydor SELTZ water pump was painted black, general lights. Both Drives were painted black to make the front more flush. Painted inside black, The origonal paint for the exterior was a little to glossy so I toned it down a little. Cut off all those "hunnycomb" grills. A few custom wires, to reach exterior 120cm fan. Making a new wiring harness to reach the 2 new 120cm fans, that I'll put on the Hayden radiator. Then I'll put some cathodes behind that radiator.

HAAHA! My new setup is done although there has been A HUGE casualty. My dad cameinto the room and Crunch there goes my x850 but alast I still have the 3 year manufacturer waranty so all I have to do is go to best buy and they will ship it off. So when I udate this case the video card will look different (ATI 9550[Best in the day])

Last edited by a moderator:

cHillen

I was going to add 2 120cm fans to the radiator, and add a few neon tubes behind the radiator as well.

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Can I borrow some of your amazing liquid cooling setup skills?

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Pretty nice man, thing must weigh alot, i reccomend when you get some more money, to buy those new asetek water chill systems http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-94.html

I could see you could have ALOT of fun with those, nice 478 man I lovve it!

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
Heh, ironic!

I mentioned this to another person today on the forums here, using car parts (specifically, auxiliary tranny OR oil coolers):

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=105174#post105174

(In the "Conroe @ 4ghz" oriented thread, & the guy was thinking of the same basic idea, but not yet implemented iirc - & now here in THIS thread? LOL, cool - Someone's actually done it as we now see here... some wild ideas in motion here on these forums now in case mods imo!)

:)

* Makes sense - the things aren't expensive by comparison to some PC parts @ all, by any means, & cost like $30-$40 depending on the size & type @ most automotive parts stores.

I have them on my ride in fact, good business imo!

Plus, now & IF I ever "hydro-cool" (one of the things I have never invested time & money in, but would be NEAT to do)?

These'd obviously do the job!

(Probably keeping things COOL AS ICE no doubt & providing awesome amounts of water-flow over stock pc hydro-cooling options, especially in water tank/recirculating radiators type areas! The ONLY thing I might add, is some 5.25" fans on the outside hitting those cooling fins too... others (edit part, the builder "chillen" here of all folks) may have mentioned that already as well upon my skim I think I saw that... it WOULD rock (great minds think alike))

Compliments to the designer... was it ROUGH to do I have to ask?

APK

P.S.=> Back to "War of the Worlds" on DvD here!

Awesome (Tom Cruise was born in my town too oddly enough)!

Plus, a real "Sopranos" type meal (butterflied fried Italian Sausage (locally produced & fresh), peppers, onions, cooked in olive oil & sliced tomatoes in sour cream w/ pepper, salt, oregano, & doritos!!!)

It rocks (food & the flick - goes along w/ this rig pictured here's cooling solution! Hot-Rod parts in a PC?? Excellent, fits RIGHT in imo)... apk

Last edited:

cHillen

My first liquid cooling days were nuts. i tried the whole summerging my computer in cooking oil but within a week i could take that smell. Then I bought the Aquagate System. The one that takes up 2 5 1/2drive bays. DONT BUY THIS, the water block got "spydercracks" thru the acrylic and broke all over my computer. But of course I was reimbursed for all of it. I think I still have the pics if anyone doesnt believe me. Ever since then I dont buy systems, I make them myself(picking and choosing parts). I tried the whole "home made waterblock but not worth it".

cHillen

Ive been using car parts for a LONG time. During the winter I tried something different. I put a car radiator outside and ran tubing to it. That worked. For only a few days though. Condesation was chaotic.

cHillen

Was it rough. Just a payne. Honestly to tell the truth the centurion case was so unique that I had to get it. No-one has moded that I know of. And I didn't want to get what everyone else had. But be warned the centurion has NO cable management what-SO-ever!

cHillen

In a few days it will be closer to completion. On the way from frozencpu(ONLY THE BEST). Is a new water block Danger Den TDX 1/2" , and Danger Den MAZE4 Intel 865/875 1/2", and some gree dye. At this current time I'm trying to figure out my camera to take night shots, each time I take a picture in dark, the flash is to bright, and the picture looks as if it were taken in the day. So just give me a while and I'm sure I'll Learn!

W

wtf2006

Has some very good potential is very unique i have not seen a centurion case like that!! 10/10

L

LittleunSTAble

yea man that hit the spot. nice coldness in the hot weather! oh i mean awesome case dude i like when u said 2.8 runnen at whatever, i have seen this wtf2006 somewhere else i think. but hey may-b u could do what i did to "chill" even more. make a reservoir outta copper/steel/aluminum and hook up some peltiers to it what would lower temps. other that that great case needs a few more things. 120 fan in the back the case where it gets air from needs to be smoothed out. happy modding

L

LittleunSTAble

man dude that 4 musta been a real hater, wish someone would justify that!!!!

cHillen

Nah, dude its straight, people can vote the way they want to.

cHillen

I guess it was my HORRIBLE photography. I need to practice on that. Just wait for my new waterblocks, then I'll update my pictures. Untill then just practice!!

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
zekrahminator said:
Can I borrow some of your amazing liquid cooling setup skills?
I know. How long will it take me to download all of your professional skills?

cHillen

My skillz ehh. I'm currently enroled in a tech school. So good luck(not saying that it a mean way) PRACTICE. you can talk to any DECENT liquid cooler. You can't learn without mistake. That said, not official liquid cooler w/out a leak. That's how you know your not pushing far enough. To me a computer is never stable untill it's unstable!

cHillen

Azn Tr14dZ said:
I know. How long will it take me to download all of your professional skills?
Once you start liquid cooling, you never can go back. Yea, trust me though even to THIS DAY whenever I'm away from the computer and its running, I'm still worried about leaks. I can't emphasize this enough how I cringe whenever I see someone with the Termaltake Big Water set-up, or the Cooler Master Aquagate system. I don't like the acrylic that they use. Like I said earlier the acrylic in mine cracked. I'll post another computer up showing the effects of it.

C

chloespapa

LittleunSTAble said:
man dude that 4 musta been a real hater, wish someone would justify that!!!!

no problem, i just offset it with another 10! if this isnt unique what is?
does this thing post or is it just for show? either way it shows real nice!
is that a power head from a fish tank or garden fountain? good job man.

cHillen

Ohh, does it run good. Although I don't participate in Benchtesting. It's not running right now though. I removed all the waterblocks and tubing, and right now have added a new cpu, and north bridge waterblock(both danger den). And right now am waiting for some replacement barbs. I'll updates pics when I can. Thanks for the vote!!

C

chloespapa

i have a a couple gamers right now and one has the aquagate mini r120 on intel 775 3.4ghz. im just not impressed with it and had to rma it already cause it died. i may post it cause it shows real good too. but im just not impressed with the cooling even with lots of fans and the aqugates fan cranked it just doesnt cool any better(if as good) as my arctic cooler7 on air. the cooler 7 is dead quiet too. im running one on a dualcore 3.0 oc'd to 3.215 and its cooler than the mini r120. i guess if you want the real deal you have to get your feet(and not your puter) wet. cograts again on a cool setup.

cHillen

chloespapa said:
i have a a couple gamers right now and one has the aquagate mini r120 on intel 775 3.4ghz. im just not impressed with it and had to rma it already cause it died. i may post it cause it shows real good too. but im just not impressed with the cooling even with lots of fans and the aqugates fan cranked it just doesnt cool any better(if as good) as my arctic cooler7 on air. the cooler 7 is dead quiet too. im running one on a dualcore 3.0 oc'd to 3.215 and its cooler than the mini r120. i guess if you want the real deal you have to get your feet(and not your puter) wet. cograts again on a cool setup.
My new set-up is killing me on how to route my cables. I can't just go from CPU to NB to GPU. There is a major kink from NB to GPU. So I dont know what to do my new set up has tubing going all over the place, and I think I lost that clean look.

cHillen

I think I might throw in the towel and buy some tygon tubing. But I don't know if it can make it from the NB to the GPU. Also from the CPU to the NB. I do not want to buy any elbows.

Last edited: