• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Value and Mainstream GPUs Rebranded Too

System Name AEROPLEX rev. 4.5
Processor Intel Core i7 4820K
Motherboard EVGA X79 Dark
Cooling Corsair H110i
Memory 8GB (4 x 2GB) G.Skill DDR3 2200MHz CL9 (F3-17600CL9D-8GBXLD)
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC
Storage Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe 240GB PCI-E 3.0 SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung Curved 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV02
Power Supply SilverStone Strider 1500W
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
NVIDIA get your head out of your ass.

It is confusing enough as it is with all the name changes. What ever happened to the days of me just knowing my 8800 Ultra was king from the easy to remember naming scheme?

I thought the same with my 8800Ultra, but NVIDIA was closely approaching a number-scheming wall (see: 10800GTX, 10800Ultra, etc) so they flipped a b**** with the short-lived 9800GX2 and decided to call the following new series GTX 200. :shadedshu

and now they are going back and renaming the GeForce 9's as "100" series cards.....wtf why didn't they just call the new high-end series GTX 100s.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
If some local moron does not come to me to buy a PC and buys that POS to feel better about himself then so be it. Go nVidia! Confuse those who have not the sense to research their products!

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
If some local moron does not come to me to buy a PC and buys that POS to feel better about himself then so be it. Go nVidia! Confuse those who have not the sense to research their products!

I'm pretty sure thats what they're aiming at, they can't catch up with ATI sales so they are resorting this

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
ok, but are any of these cards really needed?? no, they offer such a little gain in performance its not even worth any of it, especially when there is a new generation of cards just around the corner.

But as I said it's NOT Nvidia who must be blamed for the higher memory cards. Reference will most probably be 256, 512 and 768 MB respectively, if not 384 in the case of the GT "8800GS". The higher memories is not something Nvidia made to fool anyone, in any case it's Packard Bell who asked OEM manufacturer to make the cards with those buffers. Blame them and not Nvidia for something they are not related at all.

TBH blaming Nvidia for everything is becoming the norm in these forums, and is so much to degust from a site that was supposed to be neutral. I always side with the part with less support, in honour to neutrality, and that's always Nvidia, and I'm starting to get tired of having to defend Nvidia for something they shouldn't be blamed. Every day it passes I realise more and more this is an Ati biased forum, that's the truth, because otherwise Nvidia wouldn't be blamed for something that not only Ati did in the past but, also still now is doing...

Sad but true.

kysg

System Name Workhorse lappy
Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) ATI radeon 6520G
Storage OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD SATAIII
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
Meh, I could really careless about the renaming of things, but I guess that is just how it goes, I hate to say this but unless none of you plan on buying cards again then this trend will continue and if the names are that bad you only get 1 option, and that is to deal with it, as much as we all hate to do that...heck g92 is a pretty decent chip, and I figure Nvidia just isn't banking on making another chip to fit into their midrange set, so they are just kicking these out there and letting driver improvements and minor things do the rest. really unless you happen to work for nvidias marketing and R&D group and plan on telling them to STFU, the only thing we can do is just deal with it, or move to the red camp, or move the blue camp when larrabee comes out yes, I spelt it and wrong I don't think I care.

Rebo&Zooty

But as I said it's NOT Nvidia who must be blamed for the higher memory cards. Reference will most probably be 256, 512 and 768 MB respectively, if not 384 in the case of the GT "8800GS". The higher memories is not something Nvidia made to fool anyone, in any case it's Packard Bell who asked OEM manufacturer to make the cards with those buffers. Blame them and not Nvidia for something they are not related at all.

TBH blaming Nvidia for everything is becoming the norm in these forums, and is so much to degust from a site that was supposed to be neutral. I always side with the part with less support, in honour to neutrality, and that's always Nvidia, and I'm starting to get tired of having to defend Nvidia for something they shouldn't be blamed. Every day it passes I realise more and more this is an Ati biased forum, that's the truth, because otherwise Nvidia wouldn't be blamed for something that not only Ati did in the past but, also still now is doing...

Sad but true.

that comment right there shows you are an nvidia "fanboi"(aka your nvidia bias)

see, till the 4800's came out this forum was VERY much the oposite, it was FAR more pro nvidia, then the 4800s come out and it becomes quite the other story, mostly because for the price most people feel that the ATI cards are the better choice.

its just like how till c2d this and most other forums where very pro AMD, then as soon as c2d hits, most people cant do anything but talk shit about AMD and suck intel off, Now amd's putting out the phenom2 and people are starting to show more intrest in AMD again.

again its the cycle, Oh and DarkMatter, a little FYI for you, this site gained alot of people due to its ATI bios collection, it was originally an ATI forum, if u dont like it, move over to HardForum(hardocp forums) they will be happy to have another "nvidia is the best always" person, I have seen plenty of people banned for asking about or reporting problems with nvidia cards that nvidia says dont excist(like the high HIGH fail rates on g84/g86/g92 chips)

You will love it, they suck more nvidia cock then any other site i have seen!!!!!

ofcorse the gotta be at least a bit bias since the staff/owner is an nvidia beta tester and insider, if he didnt support nvidia he would loose his inside track to fun new free hardware.

SeanG

Processor AMD PhenomII 1090T@3.6GHZ
Motherboard Asus M3N72-D
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory G-SKILL PC-8500@1066
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX460 SC 1024
Storage GSkill 120 Sniper/640 WD Black
Display(s) SAMSUNG SyncMaster 226bw
Case CoolerMaster Sniper
Audio Device(s) ONBOARD
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Go to bestbuy,the GT130 equiped computers are already there.I looked at one and said to myself,whats a GT130?

Last edited:
Transylvania (RO) working in Barcelona (ES)
System Name Rzyen X
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D ^ PBO -30 ECO mode 1.15v SOC
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB
Memory 32Gb Adata Lancer XPG 6000Mhz CL30 EXPO 1.260v
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 GRE Nitro+ OC - core 2800Mhz / mem 2600Mhz
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 2TB WD SN770 + 2TB Adata Legend 850
Display(s) ViewSonic ColorPRO VP2776 - 27" 1440p^165Hz
Case Phanteks P600S White
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z2300 + Skullcandy Crusher Evo
Power Supply EVGA T2 1000W Titanium
Mouse RedDragon M686 RGB
Keyboard SPC GK630K Tournament
Software Windows 11 PRO
Benchmark Scores CB R23 - 18.703 pct / CB 2024 - 1.159 pct
So the 9300 would become G100, the 9400GT - GT100, 9500GT - GT120 and the 9600GSO - GT130

GTX will mean that you get a high-end/performance card, GT is reserved for mainstream while G means you have an entry-level card.

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
that comment right there shows you are an nvidia "fanboi"(aka your nvidia bias)

see, till the 4800's came out this forum was VERY much the oposite, it was FAR more pro nvidia, then the 4800s come out and it becomes quite the other story, mostly because for the price most people feel that the ATI cards are the better choice.

its just like how till c2d this and most other forums where very pro AMD, then as soon as c2d hits, most people cant do anything but talk shit about AMD and suck intel off, Now amd's putting out the phenom2 and people are starting to show more intrest in AMD again.

again its the cycle, Oh and DarkMatter, a little FYI for you, this site gained alot of people due to its ATI bios collection, it was originally an ATI forum, if u dont like it, move over to HardForum(hardocp forums) they will be happy to have another "nvidia is the best always" person, I have seen plenty of people banned for asking about or reporting problems with nvidia cards that nvidia says dont excist(like the high HIGH fail rates on g84/g86/g92 chips)

You will love it, they suck more nvidia cock then any other site i have seen!!!!!

ofcorse the gotta be at least a bit bias since the staff/owner is an nvidia beta tester and insider, if he didnt support nvidia he would loose his inside track to fun new free hardware.

I stopped reading soon after you called me. Anyway the first lines of your comment just shows you know nothing about the forums, and your join date explains it all anyway. First of all just look at how many people is under the Ati forum and under the Nvidia one at ANY TIME.

Just some examples of bias:

-When I joined, the forums where more neutral, yet the overall reaction was to defend the indefendable HD2900 XT and almost always recommend it over the 8800 GTS in a time when it was clear Nvidia's was better.
-The HD3870 has been always recommended over the 8800GT when obviously the GT was far superior. That was true until very recently: you have to eventually fall to evidences...
-When GT200 and HD4000 came in, it was just an excuse to praise Ati and blame Nvidia when GT200 should have been defended just as HD2900XT was.
-PhysX is not worth it, but DX10.1 that offers much much less is.
-G92 failure rate: there's no such thing. It only affects mobile chips. What Charlie D. says=:roll::roll::roll:

As I said because I always defend the one with less support, that is Nvidia here and maybe because of that in this forums my comments are Nvidia biased. Not outside the forums or in other forums though. It's easy to see and you just have to take a look at this thread to see how biased the forum is. Whenever someone says Nvidia sucks (and that's very common here) I always say NO. You won't see the opposite, but I would say the same.

Don't continue with this subject, as it's offtopic.

Rebo&Zooty

you assume that my join date dirrectly correlates with when i found tpu??

you are dumb-stupid if you belive that.........just because i lurked for a good long time insted of joining up dosnt mean jack shit........

I found tpu back in the 8500(Flash mod) and 9500pro(256bit) and 9800se(256bit) days looking for bios i could use to unlock their potintials, I joined when i did because thats when i had something to say.

i know people like you, gt200>ati 8800gt>3870 or even 3870x2 because, its nvidia after all...

as to the fail rate, u clearly dont know anybody who works in RMA's at a videocard "oem"(rebadger) the fail raits have been climbing, especially on the 8800gt's and other cards with less then addiquit cooling, the hotter the card gets IN USE the quicker it fails, even if those temps are in the rated safety zone of the chip itself, the packaged is flawed, to much lead, so eventually they start failing, the 8800gt being the most susceptible due to the stock coolers nvidia put on them, OH WAIT Im sorry, you probably feel that the stock 8800gt cooler is PERFECT and that all the bitching about how its a POS is just more ati fanboi bs.........

im using a 8800gts 512, dosnt mean im an nvidia fan, infact with the evidence about the flaw in the design, i wish i could have waited and gotten a card with an ati chip....least they dont have flaws like this.

but hey DarkMatter enjoy your percussion complex, yes everybody here hates nvidia and you by extention!!!!

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
blah bla blah I said do not reply...

Rebo&Zooty

like i have said b4, if u dont like a forum thats ati centric/sided, move over to hardforums u will love it, they will bann people for saying nvidia has problems!!!!!