• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell and Susan G. Komen Promise to Fight Breast Cancer Together

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I always found it funny when a charitable foundation names itself after the megalomanic who came up with the concept of how to harvest peoples money. Personally, "charitable" foundations, if named after a person, should be named after dead people only. A bit like a Saint. Then there is no vested interest, e.g. "The Marie Curie foundation for...", "The Stalin foundation for" (or whatever). Naming a charity after yourself stinks of nothing but selfaggrandisement. e.g. "The lemonadesoda foundation for (myself and my intersts)"... or "The George Bush foundation for international liberty"... etc.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
It doesn't matter if they were supporting higher taxation on FLIP-FLOPS or garden gnomes or something equally ridiculous.

It's not even about abortion.

It's about another big named oh so virtuous and glorified foundation, that takes people's charity under a premise, CURING CANCER none the less, and then spends it on things OTHER than CURING CANCER.

And yes, lots of organizations do it, and it's always wrong every time. As you said, Charities are becoming almost redundant, if 1.3 billion can't support enough research to find a cure, how much will?

The Komen foundation never claims to provide money only for cure research. Much of it is used for breast cancer screening since survival rates are significantly higher if breast cancer is caught early. I think you are confused because their high-profile event is "The Race for the Cure". It is also horribly naive to believe that the money they have given to cancer research is useless because nobody has cured cancer yet. I'm not sure you have all the information you need to pass judgment on this organization. The only leg you have to stand on is, "all charities are bad". Which you are well within you right to believe I suppose.

I always found it funny when a charitable foundation names itself after the megalomanic who came up with the concept of how to harvest peoples money. Personally, "charitable" foundations, if named after a person, should be named after dead people only. A bit like a Saint. Then there is no vested interest, e.g. "The Marie Curie foundation for...", "The Stalin foundation for" (or whatever). Naming a charity after yourself stinks of nothing but selfaggrandisement. e.g. "The lemonadesoda foundation for (myself and my intersts)"... or "The George Bush foundation for international liberty"... etc.

Susag G. Komen (for which the charity is named) died before it's creation. It was created by her sister.

I'm not saying this is the best charity ever, but I do think that if everyone is going to denounce it then they should denounce it for it's faults instead of fictional material.

Last edited:
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
'Worked' for ..... could mean anything.

No. worked for mean this...
* On December 24, 2008, President Bush appointed her to the Board of Trustees of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts for a six-year term.[11]
* In 2000, she served on the National Steering Committee for the National Dialogue on Cancer.
* Vice President Dan Quayle invited her to chair a subcommittee monitoring research, progress and development in the fight against breast cancer.
* In 1990, President George H. W. Bush appointed her to chair the President's Cancer Panel and to monitor the progress of the National Cancer Program.
* In 1986, President Ronald Reagan appointed her to the National Cancer Advisory Board.

Not all businesses operate the same, Ford has contributed 95 Million in the past decade or so, and 50,000 of their employees do the Run each year.

System Name Crushits Computer
Processor Intel 2500k
Motherboard Asus P8p67 pro rev3.1
Cooling Water
Memory 4 gig OCZ Platinum
Video Card(s) xfx 6950 flashed to xfx 6970
Storage 3x 200 seagates, 2x 250 segates 1x 320 segate 1x640 WD
Display(s) Asus 27 inch
Case Thermaltake Armor 8000
Audio Device(s) Audigy gamer
Power Supply Mushkin Joule 1000
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate + Win10 LTSC + Win10 Enterprise
I questioned my Doctor on this. More men die of prostate cancer then women of breast cancer, but does any one hear of any organizations trying to help men out. His answer was"Men don't yell loud enough".
Here in Canada women get free mammogram tests, they even drive a portable bus around with the equipment all for free. When I go for my yearly I have to pay $26.00 out of pocket for the blood work to check for prostate cancer. I wish just once women would show some caring for men as we do for women and scream out loud for us.
Maybe Dell can donate some money for prostate cancer research for men.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
I questioned my Doctor on this. More men die of prostate cancer then women of breast cancer, but does any one hear of any organizations trying to help men out. His answer was"Men don't yell loud enough".
Here in Canada women get free mammogram tests, they even drive a portable bus around with the equipment all for free. When I go for my yearly I have to pay $26.00 out of pocket for the blood work to check for prostate cancer. I wish just once women would show some caring for men as we do for women and scream out loud for us.
Maybe Dell can donate some money for prostate cancer research for men.

Yes the dirty little secret. Prostates are not as warm and cuddly as breasts I guess:ohwell:
My favorite radio personality Dr, Dean Edell http://www.monkeypump.com/edell/ has stated this fact for years. Kinda sad when you think of it, we guys have a bigger chance of dieing of Prostate cancer than a woman does from Breast cancer...