• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gateway Debuts the P-7808u FX Edition Notebook PC

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Gateway, a wholly owned subsidiary of Acer, today launched the Gateway P-7808u FX Edition notebook PC, the latest high-end notebook in the award-winning P-Series FX Edition line for gaming, entertainment and digital media.
The new Gateway P-7808u FX Edition notebook continues the highly acclaimed lines' goal of providing incredible performance and features at an incomparable value. As a desktop replacement notebook PC, the new Gateway P-7808u FX is ideal for mobile enthusiasts who want the latest in high-end technology, but still need to remain on a budget. This model has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,799.99.

The P-7808u FX is the first P-Series FX Edition notebook to include the new Intel Core 2 Quad processor, which, combined with the many other features and technologies in the notebook, powers through resource-intensive tasks with unparalleled quad-core speed. The P-7808u FX includes the Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9000 (2.0GHz, 6MB L2 cache, 1066MHz FSB), allowing consumers to dominate games, enjoy cinematic entertainment and take part in digital media hobbies.

"The Gateway P-Series FX Edition has developed a huge fan base, as enthusiasts have experienced the value of these PCs and recommended them to others for their incredible combination of performance and features," said Ray Sawall, senior product marketing manager for Acer America. "The Gateway P-7808u FX can handle just about everything consumers want to do with their PCs today - intense gaming, uploading and editing video, creating multimedia projects for school and managing home finances. It is the ultimate notebook for enthusiasts and any consumer who wants unparalleled performance at an incredible value."

Performance, Value Abound in Gateway P-7808u FX Notebook Page
Powering the first-rate gaming experience, the Gateway P-7808u FX is equipped with the NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics solution with a full 1 GB of GDDR3 discrete video memory. As a result, consumers can enjoy incredibly life-like and real-time 3D graphics effects used in the latest PC games. The impressive 17-inch widescreen has a 1440x900 resolution to further show the brilliant detail in vibrant clarity and realism.

The powerful Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 processor and NVIDIA GeForce graphics lay the foundation for the notebook's many other features that combined deliver the best possible consumer entertainment experience. Performance is enhanced with a full 4 GB of memory, while the huge 500 GB hard drive provides ample storage for video, photos, music and other files. Consumers can store content and then easily label the disc with text and photos with the notebook's Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring LabelFlash Technology. The illuminated multimedia keys are integrated into the keyboard surround to allow access to frequently-used audio and video functions, while the touch-control slide lets customers conveniently increase and decrease the volume.

Connecting to an array of devices is easy with the Gateway P-7808u FX. The HDMI v1.2 media connection lets consumers connect their notebook to a display device (TV, monitor) to enjoy high-definition video as well as audio through a single connection. Getting access to digital media stored on popular flash media is easy thanks to the 5-in-1 digital media card reader. Plus, consumers have ample ways to connect to electronics, peripherals and digital media with the notebook's three USB 2.0 ports and an IEEE 1394b port. The eSATA port delivers an industry-leading fast connection to external storage devices.

Consumers can take advantage of the many WiFi hotspots at work, school, and hotels with the P-7808u FX notebook's Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11 a/g/Draft-N wireless. Staying in touch is easy with the P-7808u FX notebook thanks to its 1.3 megapixel webcam that lets consumers enjoy video conferencing, video emails, voice over IP and still photos.

Ready to take on the latest 64-bit applications, the Gateway P-7808u FX comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition. It also comes with Microsoft Works 9.0 SE, Adobe Reader and a 60-day complimentary trial of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.

Availability and Price
The new Gateway P-7808u FX is available now through several online retailers. It has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,799.99.

Gateway Limited Warranty, Service and Support
The Gateway P-7808u FX is backed by a one year warranty. Gateway's commitment to quality and reliability is evident in its award-winning line of PCs as well as in its exceptional service and support programs. In addition to the company's standard limited warranty options, its extensive online support center helps customers maximize their PC investment; it gives them easy access to customer support representatives and information on important issues such as warranties, technical issues and upgrading.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

piples

I cant belive it ... it the Packard Bell IPOWER covered with the FX logo.Same specs, they change only the painting....

Anyway nice piece of hardware belive me :D i own one Ipower and its awsome

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Its more or less a spinoff of the 'Advent 6555'

Gateway usually deal in pretty cheap low end laptops.

& since Gateway is a Subsidary of ACER - the laptops build quality & reliability will be questioned as a whole

a few of my friends have had issues with ACER laptops. its not long ago when Advent bought out their '6555' which for the money is a great steal since other OEMs are offering more or less the same/similar spec for £200-500 more.

Its great that these beast are becoming more & more affordable but it makes me worry when a company thats more or less devoted to low end tech comes up with something high end.

whats with all the hating? i own (and am currently typing on) a gateway 6831 FX notebook that I bought last April and it is an absolutely fantastic notebook. The build quality is excellent and I have had zero problems with it. The Gateway FX series notebooks are better than the generic ACER's, you can trust me on that.

ktr

Correction:

The UNimpressive 17-inch widescreen has a 1440x900 resolution to further NOT show the brilliant detail in vibrant clarity and realism.

So gateway increases the vram to 1gb, then drops the native resolution?!?! WTF?!?!

Any ways, I wonder what bios version and heatsink it has. I do want to upgrade my laptop to a quad as well down the road.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
whats with all the hating?

what hating? its not hating if my opinions are based on real life events - Over all its just common sense.

wouldnt it make you curious if a kebab, burger or donut bar suddenly started serving champaign, caviar & enforcing a 'no trainers or jeans' rule? - its the same thing.

the only wild card here is if gateway had help from ACER to build this laptop.

Here in the UK Gateway systems are usually sold in supermarkets & rarely in actual computer shops unless their a main dealer for Gateway or Acer. speaking of which - supermarkets dont even sell that many Gateway systems anymore its every now n again when i walk in to do my shopping then i see a few boxs