• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Star Craft 2 Details Emerge

Hi, my name is ByunTae from South Korea. I have been playing Starcraft since 1998 and I was born and raised in Korea. I'm 100% full blooded Korean, meaning I have been gifted with unparallel talent to master any video game, particularly, Starcraft: Brood War.

:laugh:

System Name Corsair 900D
Processor FX8350
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling Corsair H110I
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Asus GTX1080
Storage 2x 500GB 1x 1TB WD Green
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / HP 27" 1080p LED
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi (Built in/Mobo) - Xonar Sound Card
Power Supply Enermax 1020Watt
Mouse Logitech Something Whatever
Keyboard Logtich G910
Software Windows 10
The new Battle.net configuration is having people register CD key's with email address's and such. It's already partialy implemented.

Even if they left the option available to "Authenticate" with a server just so you can play a LAN game..still mean's people need some sort of connection to the internet.

Now..what if you have to "activate" and "register" your key Via Battle.net to enable "LAN" play option. That way they know you have registered and activated your key to your account and only you can use it.

Still sound's as if they are implementing a custom DRM.

I doubt they will remove LAN play..that would be a HUGE blow to LAN parties/Gaming cafes etc. And ruining the game for a lot of people.