• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEC Display Solutions Introduces Three Energy-efficient Desktop Displays

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NEC Display Solutions, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, announced today the addition of three new desktop monitors to its AccuSync Series. With two widescreen displays and one standard-aspect display, this series offers small-to-medium-sized business users a reliable, environmentally-conscious and technology-rich desktop monitor solution.

The energy-efficient 19" AS191, 19" widescreen AS191WM and 22" widescreen AS221WM monitors consume up to 48% less energy than their predecessors. All three models offer an EPEATTM Silver rating, and ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0 compliance, giving users confidence that these displays are environmentally preferable purchases. ECO ModeTM technology allows users to maneuver between two energy-savings modes. Additionally, the tilt functionality provides flexibility and enhanced comfort for AccuSync users.

"NEC's AccuSync Series has continually provided business users with the features they need to accomplish day-to-day work and the components that keep them up-to-date with the latest display technology," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. "These three new models carry on that long-standing tradition of dependable, high-quality and environmentally-responsible desktop monitors without the large price tag."

A partial list of the AccuSync Series features includes:
  • VGA and DVI connectivity
  • Up to 1000:1 contrast ratio
  • 5 ms fast response time
  • Tilt adjustability
  • Touch integratable (AS191WM and AS221WM only)
  • Space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack (AS191WM and AS221WM only)
  • Two-step ECO Mode for significant power consumption savings (AS191WM and AS221WM only)
  • Carbon footprint meter for tracking of carbon savings
  • EPEAT Silver rating
  • ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
  • TCO 5.0 compliance
The AS221WM will begin shipping in October 2009 with an estimated street price of $249. The AS191 and AS191WM will begin shipping in November 2009 with an estimated street price of $199 and $189. The displays ship with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 24505

I wonder how the touch option is intergrateable

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
seems good for Eyefinity to me :p

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
(The following post is a personal opinion, and not the opinion of TPU, or its administration)

Does anyone make any HORRIBLY INEFFICIENT monitors that perform amazingly well?

Like a true 32Bit color 22" with TRUE 1ms refresh that's like 80% less efficient than most monitors, but kicks ASS??

Personally I couldn't care less WTF my monitors electrostatic footprint is, if it kicks ass.

I'd pay double for an INEFFICIENT monitor if it performed well.

Efficient monitors are worthless to me as long as they also have dithered 6bit color systems and 5ms refresh rates.

I DON'T BUY PERFORMANCE PC'S TO SAVE THE FFING PLANET - I BUY THEM TO PWN_N00BS - AND I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

Saving the planet is what netbooks & mac's are for, and they don't need extra monitors as they are already built in, or part of the package.

EDIT : And yes it DOES help that electricity is abnormally cheap in my country :p

Last edited:
System Name OptimusFine
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 / 2x NF-S12A-PWM Chromax
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX CL15 3000mhz 32gb
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080 12GB Gaming OC
Storage Samsung M.2 SSD 960 Evo 250GB / 2 Crucial SSD MX500 2TB & 1 1TB / Seagate 2TB Hdd / Toshiba 2Tb Hdd
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW, ASUS ROG PG279Q
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 7+ / Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair RM850X
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
you won't pwn more noobs just because you have a 1ms monitor instead of 5ms jeez get over yourself

iamverysmart

The power savings would be more intended towards larger businesses where they have tonnes of computers.

Down here I rarely ever see any household that has a Nec monitor anyway.

you won't pwn more noobs just because you have a 1ms monitor instead of 5ms jeez get over yourself

Lolz - You clearly don't have enough blue cathodes in your case... Perhaps if you cut more side windows in it? - here's an idea - put a side window in yer MOUSE!

Then maybe you can have half a chance of matching my N00b:pwn ratio...

I'm so 1337!

Last edited:
All BS aside & back to topic - these look like great Monitors, but I wish for once somebody was worrying more about accuracy of color reproduction & the such rather than this persistent fussing with power consumption, with no specific regard for the advancement of image quality.

TRUE OLED is supposed to be so much more power efficient? And support far better color reproduction?

And what ever happened to SED?

I just think too much flogging is going into dead horses...

The power savings would be more intended towards larger businesses where they have tonnes of computers.

And Yeah, unless I order 100 000 of the things I cant really imagine ANY monitor Manf. caring much what I think :D

Last edited: