• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Dragon Reborn

1kingd2

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD Phenom 1090t, Asus Crosshair 4, Asus EAH 5870 x2 AMD HAF 932 Case. AMD OCZ Black Edition Ram. Enermax 1050psu. Custom built water loops.

Mods:
I painted the inside of the case classic white, the front panel,inside back panel, and the HAF logo ferrari red. I also painted the outside classic black. I was going for the Asus ROG theme of red,black, and white. There are 2 loops that I fit inside of my case. My processor is cooled by the Swiftech 320 with 6 Coolmaster r4 fans. MY gpus are cooled by a Swiftech 220 with 4 enermaxs fans. There are a few scratches because It took a long time, and a lot of moving around parts to get every thing in place when creating my loops.

The last picture is my old single loop set up. I have made a lot of changes so I decided to create a new thread and delete my old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tessta*

System Name Money Pit
Processor Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 4GHz - 1.26V
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD5
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 6G Corsair
Video Card(s) 9800GT
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) Acer x193w
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply Corsair TX650w
Software Lots
Benchmark Scores Many
very nice liking the paint job looks tidy mate :)

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
Clean, I like it 9/10. How are those mobo temps? I read about stand-offs being too long and lots of chipset failures. I still will probably get the same board or whatever successor will be out for the next build. Nice paint job on the inside by the way

1kingd2

Clean, I like it 9/10. How are those mobo temps? I read about stand-offs being too long and lots of chipset failures. I still will probably get the same board or whatever successor will be out for the next build. Nice paint job on the inside by the way

I usually do not go off the mother board temps. I use core temp, and gpu z. I have had this same block on the crosshair iii, and the crosshair 4 with no problems. The only thing I can see where people go wrong if maybe they tightened the screws to the back plate too much, and creating unevening cooling on their processor, but I am not for sure about people's chipset faling due to this. Maybe this could also cause the mobo to over vault and frying the chipset? I have pushed my voltage up to 1.6v @4.5 trying to get a quick vantage run, and have not had any problems.

Thank you for the compliment.

System Name KXa DrakeN
Processor Intel Core i7 3770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 1155
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60
Memory 8GB Ripjaw-X Red 1866mhz
Video Card(s) 2X ASUS GTX780 DCUII OC
Storage Crucial M4 128gb+Intel 320 160gb Gen3+2TB BLack WD+1TB Black WD
Display(s) DELL S2740L 27'' LED LCD
Case NZXT Phantom 410
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR D2X
Power Supply Corsair HX1050wt