• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces The 3D-Ready CX620 Performance Notebook

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI recently rolled out its new generation 15.6" CX620 3D notebook computer which packs all-new 3D display technology and impressive computing performance. Intel's latest Core i3/i5 CPU with ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 discrete graphics card (1GB DDR3 display memory), and HD LED backlit display. So whether you're playing games, watching films, or viewing photos, enjoying the ultimate in 3D images is as easy as putting on a pair of 3D glasses.

MSI Marketing Director Sam Chern adds that the MSI CX620 3D is sheathed in MSI's own stylish color film print to protect against scratching and wear and comes with an independent chiclet keyboard and seamless touchpad, giving it an extra touch of class. In terms of performance, MSI's exclusive GPU Boost and ECO power-saving technologies allow you to switch between display modes to maximize multimedia, processing, or battery performance, depending on the task at hand.

Maximize your 3D cinematic experience
Polarized 3D graphics: The CX620 3D employs the principle of circular polarization to separate light rays and deflect them in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions to form true-to-life 3D images. The CX620 3D multimedia laptop has three image modes. It offers realistic three-dimensional visual effects, converts 2D images and photos to 3D, and, when you are performing tasks, such as word processing, you can choose the conventional 2D mode. The CX620 is the perfect laptop for all of your 2D and 3D needs.

16:9 theater-class LED backlit display: The CX620 3D features a high-definition, cinema-class 15.6-inch LED display. When watching films, the 16:9 screen ratio eliminates the annoying black strips across the top and bottom of the screen, while the rich, bright colors enhance your viewing pleasure.

HDMI: The CX620 3D features High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) which can transfer up to 5Gb of video bandwidth for clear, true-to-life image quality to show HD images on large-screen televisions. Now, sharing exciting high-quality multimedia on large-screen devices, like projectors and digital TVs is easier than ever.

Superior multimedia performance
Intel Core CPU: The CX620 3D is equipped with the new generation Intel Core processor with Hyper-Threading Technology that integrates the graphics core into the processor, reducing power usage over earlier generations of CPU platforms, extending battery life by 15%, and greatly increasing graphics core performance. As a result, the CX620 3D boasts exceptional multimedia and processing performance.

ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 discrete graphics card (1 GB DDR3 VRAM): The CX620 3D comes with the ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 high-end discrete graphics card with 1GB DDR3 of VRAM and supports Direct X11 for a superior viewing experience with richer, brighter colors.

eSATA high speed transfer interface: The CX620 3D combines eSATA and USB interfaces into one port, so you can select between USB or eSATA when connecting up with equipment. The eSATA interface, for instance, transfers data at speeds 6.4 times faster than the USB2.0, so using the eSATA interface to connect to an external hard drive gives you read rates almost as fast as those of an internal hard drive.

802.11n high speed wireless: The CX620 3D comes with a high resolution webcam, a microphone, 802.11 b/g/n high speed wireless, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR module with X3 transfer rate, and a high-performance instant messaging device that allows you to stay in touch with friends and family anywhere in the world.

Fusion of style and craftsmanship
Cross-hatch color film print: The cover and the wrist rest areas of the CX620 3D are encased in MSI's own cross-hatch color film print which not only prevents scratching and wear, but gives the NB a chic luster. The 45-degree beveled edges further add to the machine's elegance. The 15.6-inch body with battery weighs in at only 2.48Kg, making it the ideal entertainment center for the person on-the-go.

Chiclet keyboard: The CX620 3D comes with the latest independent chiclet keyboard and seamless touchpad to optimize your typing experience. Whether you're doing word processing or instant messaging, the keys feel solid to the touch. The smooth cross-hatch pattern on the lid and palm rest areas blends perfectly with the chiclet keyboard, so that this NB stands out from the crowd without being pretentious.

Power saving technologies
Exclusive GPU Boost technology: The CX620 3D packs MSI's own GPU Boost, so you can strike the perfect balance between multimedia performance and battery life. When running graphics heavy applications, one touch of a button switches you over to the high performance discrete graphics mode for unparalleled multimedia performance. And when you need to extend battery life, again, one touch of the battery icon key allows you to cut back to integrated display chip mode.

ECO Engine power saving technology: The CX620 3D comes with MSI's exclusive ECO Engine power saving technology which allows you to select from among five power management levels-Video Game, Film, Presentation, Word Processing, and Turbo Battery, to automatically adjust display brightness, on/off switch, sleep mode, and processor performance settings, maximizing battery flexibility and use per charge.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit
MSI Announces The 3D-Ready CX620 Low-Performance Notebook

There. I corrected that for you.

I doubt the HD5470 can even be considered mainstream.

System Name Majestic Command 3.0
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro 4
Cooling Corsair water loop
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4
Video Card(s) RX 5600 XT
Storage 1TB WD Black SN750 M.2, a home server
Display(s) Asus VG249Q
Case Darkflash DLM22 - black
Audio Device(s) X-Fi HD>AT-HA25D>FR-N71X
Power Supply EVGA 600W standard
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE
Software Windows 10
There. I corrected that for you.

I doubt the HD5470 can even be considered mainstream.

In a world where most laptops sold have integrated Intel graphics, a discrete card is high performance!

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling AiO 240mm
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Power Supply XFX 850W
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
In a world where most laptops sold have integrated Intel graphics, a discrete card is high performance!

If you could measure notebook GPU performance from 1 to 20 (from those in the market right now), this would be a 3.

Yeah, it's 3x better than the Intel's current offerings, but it's still low end.

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
You could always pay the $1000au difference and get what you pay for. It is vital for companies to be able to support the entire spectrum.

The GX660* has 12Gb DDR3 Ram and an ATi HD5870 and cost 3 times more.

My problem is that i keep forgetting that there are users out there that expect the top performance parts in the low-end segment.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling AiO 240mm
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Power Supply XFX 850W
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
You could always pay the $1000au difference and get what you pay for. It is vital for companies to be able to support the entire spectrum.

The GX660* has 12Gb DDR3 Ram and an ATi HD5870 and cost 3 times more.

My problem is that i keep forgetting that there are users out there that expect the top performance parts in the low-end segment.

No one complained about laptop's price and market placement.
But the press release saying it's a "performance notebook".. well, it's not.

I think this sentence pretty much sums up the press release's "honesty":
The CX620 3D comes with the ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 high-end discrete graphics card with 1GB DDR3 of VRAM and supports Direct X11 for a superior viewing experience with richer, brighter colors.

So what have we learned?

1) The HD5470 is a high-end graphics card.
2) DirectX11 gives you brighter colors.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
As i have the standart CX620, i can say that card has enough computing power. No, realy, it does.
Its not a desktop, after all.